• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap options for a Daytona and a Patek

4Rari

Known Member
4/6/11
Does anyone know the strap dimensions that I would need to replace the crappy "leather" straps that came with my rep Yellow Gold Daytona and a Patek Philippe?

Also any suggestions as to where to find a reasonably priced good quality strap for these ?

Thanks for the help.

4Rari

Known Member
4/6/11
I am aware of where to look

I am asking if anyone knows the dimensions I need for those 2 manufacturers

Thanks

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Also any suggestions as to where to find a reasonably priced good quality strap for these ?

Thanks for the help.

I am aware of where to look

Actually you did ask where to source the straps.

Anyway, given that you already have the watches, you can easily measure the straps by yourself using a simple ruler.

If I may, I'd suggest to measure the width at the lugs and at the buckle, plus the length of both pieces.
In this way you can have a custom made strap if you wish.

In my experience straps for Daytona (and for Patek, if you're talking about the nautilus or the aquanaut) are not that common, and going custom could be a good choice. You can have a nice croc strap for a reasonable price.

:cheers:

4Rari

Known Member
4/6/11
Actually you did ask where to source the straps.

Anyway, given that you already have the watches, you can easily measure the straps by yourself using a simple ruler.

If I may, I'd suggest to measure the width at the lugs and at the buckle, plus the length of both pieces.
In this way you can have a custom made strap if you wish.

In my experience straps for Daytona (and for Patek, if you're talking about the nautilus or the aquanaut) are not that common, and going custom could be a good choice. You can have a nice croc strap for a reasonable price.

My bad...you're right I did ask that question.

I meant which specific TD to inquire with

Thanks for the input on the measurements

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Any strap maker can make a strap for the Daytona if you give him the specs.
Assuming you will likely be looking for an exotic skin, my personal favorites are Orloff straps over at RG and D-straps at RWG1.1. Both are in the 100 usd range, well worth IMHO.

If you're looking for something cheaper maybe your better chance is on the bay.