• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
is there any issues fitting the tc dial on to gen eta and asian eta clone ?

Every Clone i have seen has the dial feet position in the same placement as a ETA,,,,,Given =its a good clone,,,,,,!!!
:cheers:

Jeff can tell you more about the movement's than me!
He messes with them more than me!!!

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
swapped BP DWO over to gen Tissot movement. Tried installing aftermarket click spring from R2 but it didn't fit the BP case correctly (thanks R2! Not your fault, my hole was too big). I was able to bend the BP click spring to mimic the aftermarket which did give a more solid click. Feels good. TC bracelet now installed. I have TC dial and hands coming, too.

IMG_8600_zps432cd17f.jpg

IMG_8599_zpsbf2a8b63.jpg

IMG_8598_zps1a5ce350.jpg

IMG_8601_zps2fc5feae.jpg

RWI650

Banned
22/7/13
do you think installing ETA movement would center the date wheel better than the asian movement? Though my asian movement is super accurate in time keeping the date is slightly left justified.

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
Look at those pics above. Can't wait to get rid of those BP hands... The finish is crap, that's not from handling on my end. :bored:

do you think installing ETA movement would center the date wheel better than the asian movement? Though my asian movement is super accurate in time keeping the date is slightly left justified.

It sounds like the dial itself is edged over to the right a bit, putting the date to the left. if the print or DWO was off center, it would change locations as the days past by.

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
swapped BP DWO over to gen Tissot movement and installed. Tried installing aftermarket click spring from R2 but it didn't fit the BP case correctly. I was able to bend the BP click spring to mimic the aftermarket which did give a more solid click. Feels good. TC bracelet now installed. I have TC dial and hands coming, too.

Awesome work, D! You're making me want to start a BPSD project now. :)

I personally do not think it will matter. It's mostly dependent on the installation of the DWO.

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
swapped BP DWO over to gen Tissot movement. Tried installing aftermarket click spring from R2 but it didn't fit the BP case correctly (thanks R2! Not your fault, my hole was too big). I was able to bend the BP click spring to mimic the aftermarket which did give a more solid click. Feels good. TC bracelet now installed. I have TC dial and hands coming, too.

IMG_8600_zps432cd17f.jpg

IMG_8599_zpsbf2a8b63.jpg

IMG_8598_zps1a5ce350.jpg

IMG_8601_zps2fc5feae.jpg

Thats a great looking movement!!!,,,,,That movement ,,made that SD a lot more solid watch for sure!

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
Nice to see you finished it p4gtr, looks nice.

I cased it up because I wanted to wear it, but it's not finished yet.

Awesome work, D! You're making me want to start a BPSD project now. :)

Tony likes. :cheese:

Would be great to hear your take on these, a personal build even better. Your thoughts on crown/tube upgrade? CG's?

Thats a great looking movement!!!,,,,,That movement ,,made that SD a lot more solid watch for sure!

Agreed, excited to have it in this build. Thanks again to ado213, wouldn't have it without him.

pobjednik

27/6/10
That sucks mate :(

One quick question to all you BP SD owners! Would you go for gen insert or is the stock one ok?

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
Arkon
the high beat 21j has a funky keyless setup that literally pops out a component towards the movement ring. Looks like your ring is loose. Open up the back using some duct tape , secure the movement ring. The loose movement ring is rubbing the keyless assembly keeping you from pulling the crown out far enough. Easy fix bro. ETA movement is another option, the dial goes right on !!

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
Tony likes. :cheese:

Would be great to hear your take on these, a personal build even better. Your thoughts on crown/tube upgrade? CG's?

I have a BPSD that a member sent me for work. I'm installing a TC crown/tube for him. The case needs to be retapped however. That could be something you may want to look into!