• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2013 Rep Form Guide - What's Leading the Pack so far?

Redmondis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/13
What are the stellar reps of 2013 so FAR?

The Noob LMPO rep looked really promising but the wonky dial and cheaper bracelet seem to have let it down.

The AP FC V3 seems like a very strong new entrant.

Which Rep do YOU Think is Setting the Bar Highest in 2013?

(I don't know if it's appropriate to engage in some pre-awards chatter ala the Oscars - so mods kill if necessary)

camelbak75

5/2/13
That kind of depends which price point you are referring to.

For watches less than US $300, I do agree with Subjeff that BP classic SD is a compelling watch.

If you get a A2813 movement and complement it with TC bracelet and hands, its pretty spot on for less than $300.

I am sure there are others who has their personal favorite - but I will go with BP classic SD.

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
PAM 388 and new 389 for me. Hope the LMPO straightens up and gets a better bracelet. Then I'm all over it.

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
BP Sea Dweller for me!:thumbsup:

Guys, is why the classic SD so praised?

Just waiting for my qc pics set, but didn't realise its such a super rep...

Care to comment also on the cost of the TC bracelet, and why it is so great?

Thanks.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
There will be (at the end of the year or beginning 2014) a thread to get a classification and a winner, as every year.
Just wait
ALE

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
There's no such a guide, each buyer has it's own opinion. And there's no "superduper" reps exist. Some with 25 flaws, some with 10. Is it a reason to call it "super"?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Ap diver V5, TC Submariner V5 have both been highlights of the year so far.

chats

25/8/13
still waiting for my BP SD, until mine arrives, i think breitling SOSF v2 is great

Redmondis

13/4/13
I guess I will give a try to the bp sd
Looks like a solid watch with the TC bracelet and hands and dial. Quiet achiever under the radar.

Regarding the Liquidmetal Noob PO, I have this and my dial is actually pretty good alignment wise. The new CrPO's from Noob will apparently have an updated bracelet, which should be available as a part so can be added to this watch. With a good dial and updated bracelet this watch is an outstanding rep.

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
Tc v5 and it isnt even close. If the bb had come out that would be rep of the year

iggypop

I'm Pretty Popular
27/9/12
Recently tc sub and 3777 have been making a lot of noise around here. However the IWC has the chrono pusher fail. I have to say so far for best bang for buck category the IWC xvi (the one that is shipped for 128) I'm surprised by how good the quality was.

Mickey Padge

Renowned Member
7/9/06
The V3 AP carbon Diver is the best piece of technical replication I have ever seen, such amazing build quality and materials used! :)

The PAM 388 and 505 are nice, but the lug screw issues are not good, changing a strap should be a simple task ;)

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
Recently tc sub and 3777 have been making a lot of noise around here. However the IWC has the chrono pusher fail. I have to say so far for best bang for buck category the IWC xvi (the one that is shipped for 128) I'm surprised by how good the quality was.

Don't you mean the Mark XVII?

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
Both are right. Kw also offers mk xvi, that looks really great for the buck, especially compared to my much, much expensive 2892 version :facepalm: