• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Texas Pete

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
Any of you American folk familiar with Texas Pete Hot Sauce?

My brother-in-law, who lives in Boston, sent me a bottle. I've been snacking tonight and used this as a dipping sauce.

Holllllllyyyyyy shit!!!!!!!!!!!! My face is on fire and just know already that come tomorrow my ass will resemble a Japanese flag.

You could send a rocket into space with this stuff! It's not funny.

DonBrizzel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/8/09
It's pretty damn good stuff. Tobasco is my favorite!

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
BB, I keep forgetting you're in the UK. Texas Pete is good. They also have one that's called Texas Pete hotter sauce with a black label. You could fart fire after eating some of that. My favorite hot sauce is still Tapatio though.

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
+1 to blairs...that sauce is hhooooooooottttttttt...my ass is still feeling the pain, and i had that stuff about 4 months ago.

dsarch21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/12
ya gotta try crystal hot sauce....much better then Texas!

sent via the future

jsmn4vu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/2/12
And, I gotta say, one of the best, most versatile yet cheapest hot sauces is Sriracha sauce (you can Google it if you're not familiar). It comes in a big red clear plastic bottle with a picture of a rooster. Available in every Asian market, and many other markets as well.

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Blair's has numerous "sauces"...

Blair's 16 Million Reserve Crystals.

There is nothing hotter. It's pure capscacium extract.

luckie

19/12/11
Having Lived in New Orleans until Katrina, I've come across many hot sauces and Texas Pete IMHO is one of the mildest. Tabasco is probably on of my favotites for flavor and heat. I don't care for hot sauces that are hot for the sake of being hot, I want to taste my food with it not just feel the heat. Crystal and Louisiana Hot Sauce are two good sauces mixed with butter for buffalo wings. they have the right flavors IMHO. Sriracha is a really good Vietnamese hot sauce, I always keep a bottle around of it. Now that I live on the farm, I grow my own peppers and make some hot sauces for dishes but for consistency, Tabasco does it for me. I grow 5 varieties of hot peppers for folks around here to make their Chow Chow with, If you don't know what Chow Chow is or never had it, you gotta try it, it's great on everything. I usually trade peppers for Chow Chow and Pepper jelly. Saves me from having to can stuff, I usually never have the time.
A friend of mine and another NOLA/Katrina refuge makes this stuff and it's awesome/
http://blog.bigorson.com/tag/mango-salsa/
You gotta try it if you like hot stuff.

There are tons of hot sauces out there and I've tried a lot of them.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
You're doing it all wrong....

[AME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqA18VnBzFk[/AME]

Phil G

29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
Any of you American folk familiar with Texas Pete Hot Sauce?

My brother-in-law, who lives in Boston, sent me a bottle. I've been snacking tonight and used this as a dipping sauce.

Holllllllyyyyyy shit!!!!!!!!!!!! My face is on fire and just know already that come tomorrow my ass will resemble a Japanese flag.

You could send a rocket into space with this stuff! It's not funny.

Awwww BB, you forgot rule #1. If it hurts going in, it's gonna hurt coming out.:biglaugh:

=

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Awwww BB, you forgot rule #1. If it hurts going in, it's gonna hurt coming out.:biglaugh:

=

lol, will end up like this...

19865-elefant-hat-durchfall.jpg
:lol1:

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
nothin like a good chilli.
I eat chili on everything, bad habbit, I know, but there are two good things about it:
1: I don't have to pay for a brazilian wax, the hotsauce nukes the forest.
2: the sphincter looks like a rasberry frosted doughnut. (not sure of those 2 are good things but still...)

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I'm a native Texan - we love our hot sauces!
There's hot sauce - like Tabasco and Srirachi (one of my favorites) - which is good in soups and chilis. Then there's salsa which is great for snacking with chips and crackers and tortillas and pizza and hamburgers and most everything!!
But Texas Pete is not that hot for us natives. I think it's primarily made to be marketed/sold to Yankees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk