• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

40 Years..Where did they go?

Spiccato

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Genuinely great stuff.
Have you read the biography of the Pretty Things? Really hilarious Swan Song section in there...much about Grant's priceless antique Chinese dueling pistols being stolen from Headley Grange; also a hint that one Peter Tolson (the best guitarist you never heard of) was asked to contribute to Zep on tour...supposedly. Dropping a grand piano from the truck...goat testicles interrupting Jon Povey's dinner. Cheers!

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
I was at work the other day and a 21 year old had NO idea who LZ was, NONE, I'm 34 and was in shock.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
But, I'm sure he knows Bieber, Swift, and Cyrus, right?
Shoot him.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Robert speaks about unreleased Led Zep tracks, etc.!!!
DetailsCreated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 17:57 This from Dave Lewis at Tight But Loose

Some very interesting comments from Robert during his interview on the Radcliffe & Maconie BBC 6 show – Robert was speaking from Bristol where he's been recording an album in Bath with the Space Shifters. Asked about the Zep reissues he commented that there were 'Hidden Gems' ("we should call the band that") and that he had recently unearthed a quarter inch tape and had met with Jimmy to discuss the contents. He also, with tongue in cheek, joked that they were trying to find two tracks with John Paul Jones singing on and Jonesy had promise him 2 cars and a greenhouse not to use them. You gotta love him! Musical selections played included Howlin' Wolf's version of 44 Blues which the Space Shifters performed last year and a live version of Black Dog recorded by the Space Shifters in Boston on their recent US tour.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Jimmy Page remixes Notorious B.I.G. ‘Hypnotize’

Serious? NO...
Jimmy did NOT remix this. It was done by a Page lacky Peter Makowski

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/209800/listen-jimmy-page-remixes-notorious-b-i-g-hypnotize/

Listen: Jimmy Page remixes Notorious B.I.G. ‘Hypnotize’

Yes, you read that right. Jimmy Page has remixed Notorious B.I.G.’s “Hypnotize†with elements of Led Zeppelin's “Ramble On.†He calls the resulting track “Ramblize.†He also seems to have thrown in the squeal-y sample from House of Pain’s “Jump Around†for good measure.
The timing comes as UK’s Channel 4 digs up some lost footage of Biggie. Jimmy Page’s site is even skinned in a picture of Biggie to honor the fallen rap god. Anyway, listen to the remix below, it’s actually not bad.

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
Well look who's here!!!......Salutations my friend.
happy-096.gif

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
SF.....one of the good guys, one of the best. Love you buddy, pass my regards to the author.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbo8XlQ_lz0&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CDxXoLwLjW311UUX6P-Pfk&feature=player_detailpage"]Jimmy Page - Hummingbird - YouTube[/ame]

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
B...New box sets coming with possibly entire albums of unreleased material is coming.
Exciting stuff.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I will never forget that night...Tears ran down my face as Jimmy busted out the double neck for The Song Remains The Same.
Still have some surprises, but will save them for later anniversaries.

rol_man

Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Just caught up with this thread again... Glad to see you're still keeping with it Zo!