• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Guess what? I will make a new franken!!!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I just checked the price, you cant imagine what kind of a deal you got there my friend...

Lets see who will finish it first :lol:

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
:D It was a superb deal, complete with dial, lucky timing, I was about to log off that day and I refresed all new posts on 3 rep forums and up pops that :)

I reckon you'll finish well before me Pap :) I seem to be gathering parts for loads of projects but the actual projects are going at snails pace.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Small update...

Case showed up today fully brushed and polished.

Also movement is with me, tsansformed from a lemania 1883 to a lemania 1873!

Next step is the assembly when i find a little time which isnt that much lately...

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Looks great pap, I put my speedy projects off for a little while due to costs of servicing etc but you've inspired me to get some work done again now :)

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Looks great pap, I put my speedy projects off for a little while due to costs of servicing etc but you've inspired me to get some work done again now :)

I know what you are talking about, this project was almost a disaster until i met the proper guy to make it happen with the movement...

Lemania movements are kind of "dangerous"!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Some progress Pap, sent a tissot 873 off to UK Watch Services our watchmaker on RWI to have a look at the chrono hour section. Ultimately I hope to get both these variations assembled if I can get the movements sorted. We'll see, many nice dials out there. My case was in a crud state as well, cleaned up and refinished nicely! Also I see Pap you had the refinish done by watchpolisher paul over on Rwg1, he does some superb work, great refinisher.

BC8ZMhB.jpg

gegGjsl.jpg

fqy5R4A.jpg

Y5yneN0.jpg

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Very very nice drbollocko!!!!

I tried to start assembling mine but when i got to the chrono hands they seemed to be bigger than the chrono pins so i stopped... The mistake i made with the movement is tricky so far...

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Mini update as i am in the final stage!

A small change of plans regarding the movement...

I am throwing this "thing" in instead of the lemania 873.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Nice pap, great stuff :) always good to throw in an 861 ;) can't wait to see the finished project.

Some update on my speedies too, the 861 I bought has the balance shot to pieces, in awful state, will need an expensive overhaul which I wasn't anticipating. 861 balances are £300, can be got for cheaper but not much. The tissot/lemania 873 is fine though, just getting a service. Will let you know how goes!

Keep us posted an your project!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Project finished!!!

More details, photos and a whole new thread when i get it into my hands...

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Secretly wanted to see the correct Omega movement go in there the whole time, nice surprise!

Can't wait to see more.

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Congrats P!!!!!!
Awesome is a small word to describe this project !!!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Thank you guys, watch is in its way to me..!