• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP diver GOLD interest check..

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Found some pics, does look good in Rg

u8apaza8.jpg

sy4y9ede.jpg

yrevydan.jpg

gybuduhu.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk Pro
thanks sharkey, this photos were sent to me by my colleague. If this is why you posting this with the case back numbers disclosed.

John

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
RG aka Rose gold, DLC aka Diamond Liked Coating, Plating....electroplate.

:r2d4:

Lol, dutchy knows the difference John I think he wants to know if the plating on your diver is "plated" or "Dlc coated"

Sent from my iPhone 5 Using TapaTalk2 S???R?I?????

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Lol, dutchy knows the difference John I think he wants to know if the plating on your diver is "plated" or "Dlc coated"

thanks sharkey, geees is this like a test question? ehhhh this is not my RG, but should be plated.

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
gosh dutchy really make me thinkin' now, can gold be DLC-ed onto steel...damn! very good question mate!! to my best of knowledge, i really don't think gold can be DLC-ed onto steel...in asia the lower cost alternative to gold, is always known as plating. DLC..? i really think not possible, maybe in future..

I certainly wished they could apply this technique in gold, and i would be worry free of the gold got strip off from scratchin'

John

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
thanks sharkey, geees is this like a test question? ehhhh this is not my RG, but should be plated.

Lol no trick question, just the Dlc gold holds up a lot better than the standard electro plating

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Some of the noob factory Ap's are supposedly gold Dlc coated, like the Montoya, RGRC,

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
PVD is used to apply gold on some reps they claim. PVD and DLC are the same process but DLC is more used to describe the black carbon coatings. (diamond like coating/carbon).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Some of the noob factory Ap's are supposedly gold Dlc coated, like the Montoya, RGRC,

sharky, you know sometimes i take the fac word with a tablespoon of salt..

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
PVD is used to apply gold on some reps they claim. PVD and DLC are the same process but DLC is more used to describe the black carbon coatings. (diamond like coating/carbon).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Bonesey, you're fast!!! Lol gees i was pulling up my jeans and typing on the keyboard..

In the gen world, i have never heard of gold can be DLC-ed onto steel...

:cheers:

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
sharky, you know sometimes i take the fac word with a tablespoon of salt..

Lol, yes they are know to tell a few tails :hehehe:
I always look forward to the next new rep stating 1:1 with gen, exact replication :rofl:
But I have to say the gold on both my Montoya and RGRC is holding up very very well

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Lol, yes they are know to tell a few tails :hehehe:
I always look forward to the next new rep stating 1:1 with gen, exact replication :rofl:
But I have to say the gold on both my Montoya and RGRC is holding up very very well

yes of cos! they up the microns...:hehehe: i have handled some rep RGs, they are awesome! i have asked my friends if there's any discolurations, and stripping of gold they told me no....not a sign!

:cheers: