• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

noob and BP sub-c side by side

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
Rudy, what movement do you have in your V2? My crown position doesn't look like yours at all for some reason...

That isn't Rudy's watch, it's dbane's and he ordered it with a 3135 clone and that what you get with a gen movement in a v2,,,,crazy crown position and weird shaped cg's!

anyway,,,, I've finally got since good pics of a gen sub-c and what or goal should be.

Here's what we're all after:

So here's what Rolex does with sub-c:

when photographing sub-c they always show it in black and white,,, so rarely do you see that metallic color of the engravings in their full majesty and they look white.... I'm sure they have a good reason....

:thinking:

PeteTO

Renowned Member
14/7/06
Maybe its just the pictures but the triangle engraving under the pearl seems SO much deeper on the BP. Seems as though the noob is slightly closer to gen depth. Can anyone elaborate on if that is true or if im just seeing it wrong? I know in person can be different.

Pete

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
Maybe its just the pictures but the triangle engraving under the pearl seems SO much deeper on the BP. Seems as though the noob is slightly closer to gen depth. Can anyone elaborate on if that is true or if im just seeing it wrong? I know in person can be different.

Pete

not even close.
the reality is somewhere between the two.

PeteTO

Renowned Member
14/7/06
Gotcha. I havent seen the gen in person but just by looking at pictures it is looking off. Thanks for the info. I think I am going to wait a bit on pulling the trigger on the Sub C.

Pete

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
So bottom line is still the same old:

Buy a BP and put in a V2 dial and bracelet! Sounds simple enough!

Should cost no more than $400

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Yea simple until you get ready to put a insert...I'm thinking maybe bp insert with pills mod and a fill in on the triangle,, and a noob pearl will be the ticket... But it most def gets extremely tricky when it's time to deal with the insert for the sub-c....and again for any member making a decision to fool with this model or not, you should def go to your local AD and get a good look at a gen...pictures really just don't do this watch justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
here is a pic of my sub ive had the crystal mod done.date mag looks amazing.im just waiting for my noob v2 pearl.ive got my testors paint for pppm ready to go.its going to look very gen like.ill take a pic next to my friends gen sub c,but for now here we go

mitchbaria

15/10/12
That's def looking really nice! GL with the insert mod...where did you get the noob pearl?

live1

Banned
25/3/13
noob insert i haven't actually got yet but in a couple of weeks it should be mine.getting from ryan.there not in stock yet.he has a waiting list.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Yea these parts are hard to get,,,, Pbdad does a amazing pearl mod,,, if you have a problem getting the parts you need, you may check and see if he'll sell you one of his pearls...

live1

Banned
25/3/13
is it as nice as the v2 pearl ?

madmex

Known Member
22/8/06
here is a pic of my sub ive had the crystal mod done.date mag looks amazing.

The crystal mod looks great! Could you please elaborate or post a link to where I can find out more about the mod?

live1

Banned
25/3/13
search mikes guide to lower crystal height,step by step,but you need tools,should be sticky

live1

Banned
25/3/13
that site is using gen pics bro look thats why the insert looks so good ha ha

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
What gen has those hour markers and the silver date around the date window?

View attachment 28851

It´s the SERTI Dial.
It was introduced last year by Rolex, and the markers are diamonds (only the 8 round markers), so it has the silver border around the date.

Rolex introduced the SERTI dials on the white gold Sub, and on the Two-Tone versions as well. Below you can see the white gold version better (pics of a GEN):

Ref. 116619GLB
Rolex_Submariner_18k_White_Gold_Navy_Diamond_Dial.jpg

005_Rolex_Submariner_18K_White_Gold_Navy_Diamond_Dial.jpg

Cheers,
Spirit.