• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is Racism really still happening?

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
Of course not I never liked half Asian people, wait a minute?I guess I'm racist towards myself, lol

Sent from s4 Active, it's waterproof like our watches :)

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
LOL. RBJ.

I know I'm going straight to hell, but I'm going to bite my tongue. Don't pray for me Galveston.

Racism is huge where I live. I was not brought up here, but my mom wanted to move to the country to enjoy peace and quiet after divorcing my dad when I was in highschool, so that's what we did. I grew up in an affluent area, went to private schools, had many culturally diverse friends, and never saw racism once from childhood through highschool. We moved an hour south of where I grew up to a very rural area. I immediately saw racism, and probably the first week we were there. What a shock to my system. The only things I could think of were "how disgusting is this" and "how can people be so ignorant in this day and age"

I went to college, graduated, then got my first teaching job here in our rural community. It started out rocky, but I learned just to turn the other cheek and ignore things. My principal told me the first day, that art was the last thing on their list in this district so I wouldn't have much support. I found that out fast. He also told me of a student who's dad was the leader of the local chapter of the KKK in our town. This was his subtle warning to me.

I had kind of forgot about it and later that school year this kid draws a pic in my art class with kkk symbols all over it with black men hanging in trees and also something disgusting written about black people. I immediately took the paper from the kid and marched him over to the office. Long story short. The principal took the paper, looked at it, handed it back to the kid, told the kid to go back to class and for me to stay. Then proceeded to tell me to let it go. That I didn't want to go there. I turned around and walked out. I had a true picture of what life was really like here. How dispicable and terrible. I regularly heard the N word from students and even teachers in the teachers lounge, as most of the teachers were from this area too and raised around racism. It is the way of life here. There are no black kids in our school district. About 5 years ago a black family moved in, and were hassled so much they moved within a couple weeks. People even did damage to their house.

How small minded is this? But it is true, and it is happening right now.

galveston

Known Member
31/3/11
LOL. RBJ.

I know I'm going straight to hell, but I'm going to bite my tongue. Don't pray for me Galveston.

Racism is huge where I live. I was not brought up here, but my mom wanted to move to the country to enjoy peace and quiet after divorcing my dad when I was in highschool, so that's what we did. I grew up in an affluent area, went to private schools, had many culturally diverse friends, and never saw racism once from childhood through highschool. We moved an hour south of where I grew up to a very rural area. I immediately saw racism, and probably the first week we were there. What a shock to my system. The only things I could think of were "how disgusting is this" and "how can people be so ignorant in this day and age"

I went to college, graduated, then got my first teaching job here in our rural community. It started out rocky, but I learned just to turn the other cheek and ignore things. My principal told me the first day, that art was the last thing on their list in this district so I wouldn't have much support. I found that out fast. He also told me of a student who's dad was the leader of the local chapter of the KKK in our town. This was his subtle warning to me.

I had kind of forgot about it and later that school year this kid draws a pic in my art class with kkk symbols all over it with black men hanging in trees and also something disgusting written about black people. I immediately took the paper from the kid and marched him over to the office. Long story short. The principal took the paper, looked at it, handed it back to the kid, told the kid to go back to class and for me to stay. Then proceeded to tell me to let it go. That I didn't want to go there. I turned around and walked out. I had a true picture of what life was really like here. How dispicable and terrible. I regularly heard the N word from students and even teachers in the teachers lounge, as most of the teachers were from this area too and raised around racism. It is the way of life here. There are no black kids in our school district. About 5 years ago a black family moved in, and were hassled so much they moved within a couple weeks. People even did damage to their house.

How small minded is this? But it is true, and it is happening right now.

How sad you live in the most racist state in the USA as per the below:RWI::

http://www.thetoptens.com/most-racists-states-us/ohio-460518.asp

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
White people are the devil's minions!!!! Don't even get me started on Gingers!

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I'm so non racist, I don't even know what a Ginger is.

All I know is I love Halle Berry!!!!

halle%20berry%20topless%20back.jpg

2Q==

2Q==

2Q==

galveston

Known Member
31/3/11
White people are the devil's minions!!!! Don't even get me started on Gingers!

Help me out, what does ginger snaps have to do with racism?

Are you implying that certain type of racial group is know for eating ginger snaps cookies?

bradj

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/12
Fellas.. do we need to go dig up a don't feed the trolls sign?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Help me out, what does ginger snaps have to do with racism?

Are you implying that certain type of racial group is know for eating ginger snaps cookies?

IrritatedatStupidity.jpg

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
I'm so non racist, I don't even know what a Ginger is.

All I know is I love Halle Berry!!!!

halle%20berry%20topless%20back.jpg

2Q==

2Q==

2Q==

I did not get a study in monster ball, lol

Sent from s4 Active, it's waterproof like our watches :)

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Only gingers I know are Ginger Rogers former dancer, Ginger from Gilligans Island and Ginger Baker drummer for Cream. :wave:

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
A human, characterized by pale skin, freckles and bright red hair. "Gingers" are generally considered to be inferior to their more melanin-rich brethren, and thus deservingly discriminated against. Gingers are thought to have no souls. The condition, "gingervitis" is genetic and incurable.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
How come red heads only come in two variations. They are either gorgeous or fugly. There is no middle ground there.

Sent from 1:1 app made with genuine tapatalk as sample.