• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just Received my new Dopple Chrono Top Gun 3799-01

orangeboy

Known Member
16/12/11
Tried searching but didn't find an answer so here goes: is it a direct swap for a swiss 7750? I know the single chrono topgun was swappable, but unsure of its bigger brother - and I've not seen one with a swapped swiss 7750 yet.

Really considering this but i'd like to be rid of that timebomb of an A7750 :deadcb:

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
I have 5 timebombs in my 10 watch collection. I wear them on a rotation basis. My top gun is my night watch and also part of my rotation so it sees a lot of wrist time.

Appart from the episode with the clutch stopper cam pin that fell off and jammed the movement, It has been very reliable. All my other 7750 have been working flawless for over a year now. So i consider the A7750 to be quite reliable, and it keeps good time too.

For the swiss movement, yes it is swappable, but you'll be facing the same issue as the other swaps of this type with regards to the diameter of the pinions being smaller on the swiss. Hands will need to be re-stacked or something like that. Excuse my Un-preciseness but I am answering in a rush with not time to search. But look it up, plenty of info on that on this board.

orangeboy

Known Member
16/12/11
Thanks for that - pretty much what I suspected - not a direct swap.

Or source for gen hands which are pretty much impossible now!

Thanks again :)

JackP

Renowned Member
21/3/13
The rotor was floating and I found the small o ring floating under it. Can any one identify? I just removed both for now and the watch seems to work fine

Just for some follow up I found a watch repair guy who at first thought the Topgun was real (felt like I was on antiques road show). He easily attached the rotor and fully serviced and fixed chrono

JackP

Renowned Member
21/3/13
Did not add that once he dug into it he realized quickly that it was a rep "an expensive good one" he said. He was definitely confused and unsure for a few minutes