• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New GMT-Master II

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
I don't know, guys... I still like blue/red bezel more. Black/blue looks kinda cold...

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
Actually looks pretty damn good for a V1.
Of course they HAD TO screw something up...

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
I want this watch! My next 'off the shelf' purchase is either this or the Black Bay, whichever comes out first (I'll obviously end up getting both!).

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to get a rep of this up to the quality of the current GMT IIc, as the changes required seem pretty minor:

1) All white text on the dial
2) Change of colour of the GMT hand
3) Change of colour to half the bezel

I would have thought 1 and 2 are printed, so is that much more than a colour match and an ink order?

3) is probably a bit more involved but they've done 'fantasy' Pepsi bezels seemingly without too much drama, so again, should be a colour match...

I'm hoping a couple more months should see an acceptable "V1" from the current top dogs.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
There's already a rep of it Alex, it was linked twice in the first page.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
There's already a rep of it Alex, it was linked twice in the first page.

Understood, but it is not even up to my pretty low standards! I'd need at least the 3 things my untrained eye noticed which I mentioned above covered off before I cough up. The 'best' GMTIIc out at the moment is more than acceptable to me, get the dial text white, paint that had properly and get a nice ceramic bezel on it and I'm sold!

Pamtastic

Renowned Member
31/1/13
Never cared for the GMT2 until this version came out. I really like the black/blue combo on the bezel. As Alex mentioned, if they come out with an acceptable rep I might need to add to the collection.

Alpha Dog Omega

Renowned Member
10/3/08
I'm about to put a gen bezel assembly on a GMT IIC. Which model is best to get. I know BPs version but nothing more than that. Also, what color should the GMT hand be, green or red? Thanks...