• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

good Sub rep

SubDude

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/11/11
Does anyone know who makes a good Tudor Sub? I am looking for a no date model with the plexi domed crystal. I am having a hard time finding one.

Dave

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
PM jmb he had/has a several hand build Tudors he was telling me he was gonna sell...he may still have a few...he is a Tudor pro man...I mean P R O.

GBOAC

29/9/09
yep JMB is the Tudor Jedi Master, if you want out of the box though... PureTime sells a 7928. It needs some work and it isn't a super rep by any means. I have one and I had the caseback engraved, new bracelet, new bezel insert. The dial is 'eh ok. Not as crisp as a gen but for $105 for the base it's not the worst place to start.

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
How much is your budget??I have seen many in the sales area of the forums...

GBOAC

29/9/09
Sadly one of the problems with the Tudor subs is that you have to spend a lot on them to get 'em to look right. I've seen people spend upwards of a grand on a build only to watch a gen sell for $1800 elsewhere. I have about $200 invested in mine. Tudor made their sub in 4 sizes and there is something for everyone in any price bracket. (I have a list of most of the Tudor sub references and sizes if anyone is interested)

SubDude

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/11/11
yep JMB is the Tudor Jedi Master, if you want out of the box though... PureTime sells a 7928. It needs some work and it isn't a super rep by any means. I have one and I had the caseback engraved, new bracelet, new bezel insert. The dial is 'eh ok. Not as crisp as a gen but for $105 for the base it's not the worst place to start.

I just bought the Puretime 7928. I hope it is as good as I want, but wish it had the engraved caseback. I plan to install an ETA 2824-2 and make as close to a gen as I can.

Dave

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
Sadly one of the problems with the Tudor subs is that you have to spend a lot on them to get 'em to look right. I've seen people spend upwards of a grand on a build only to watch a gen sell for $1800 elsewhere. I have about $200 invested in mine. Tudor made their sub in 4 sizes and there is something for everyone in any price bracket. (I have a list of most of the Tudor sub references and sizes if anyone is interested)

Yeah I think that's the only downside of it. I almost pull a trigger on a Tudor rep then double check the gen and saw that it's just half as much expensive. In that scenario, one would just have to save a little and get the gen.

But for others less than $500, it's a very nice addition to the collection.

GBOAC

29/9/09
yep, the price of a gen sometimes just doesn't justify it. my gen tudor was less than $1000