• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Home from work to meet my new '13 Noob "prototype" Submariner.

Dukes

Renowned Member
3/4/13
Well i've decided to take the plunge, and am in the process of ordering one (thanks to AlFru's help).

I am taking the liberty of ordering a BP hand set and BP Ceramic Bezel at the same time.

I will hold off on the fitting the bezel, but does anyone know if the handset is a straight swap job ?

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
?? But I thought the new Noob pearl quality was off the charts???
Is the BP better then?

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Should be mate, long as the lume is ok. Standard lume is superb which is why av waited to br honest. Whats a hand set and bezel costing.
If your in the UK double up and buy a set off ye ;-)

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Pearl is stunning Cpt, but bezel font is s pubic hair thinner on the Noob hahaha

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
Pearl is stunning Cpt, but bezel font is s pubic hair thinner on the Noob hahaha

Al that doesnt say much... I mean, whose pubic hair are we talking bout here???

In all seriousness, Im in UK too and would be interested in a set of BP hands as well, if you let me tag along we can split delivery fee?

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
PS= Duke, will you be taking the pearl off the Noob and glueing it back onto the BP dial?

Dukes

Renowned Member
3/4/13
Hi Guys,

I'm in UK. Getting the hand set, and bezel with the watch from Sora.

I just ordered and paid, but would be more than happy to add further hands etc to the order. PM me. Hands are $15 and Bezel is $30.

I'm honestly not sure what i will do with regards to the bezel and pearl. Sora himself says the pearl on the BP is better, but from the images i've seen of AlFru's look better.

I actually lost the pearl from my BP so i do have a use for the bezel and Pearl in anycase, and I am pretty certain that the Bezel will not be a straight swap, so probably best bet would be to glue the pearl.

Alternatively, I think the gen bezel is supposed to be interchangeable on this, not that i would spend the $800 the supposedly cost, but what do you guys think of this :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-BLACK-CERAMIC-BEZEL-INSERT-FOR-ROLEX-SUBMARINER-WATCH-11610-UK-SELLER-/181099032523?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_WatchAccessories_SpareParts_SM&hash=item2a2a57efcb

It looks ok to me, but i don't have the eye for detail that most of you guys have.

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Al take a set of hands if its not too late buddy. Cheers mate.

Sora

Renowned Member
18/5/12
noob factory made some a2836 movts for this prototype
Costs around $80 less

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
Alfru, sorry for my intervention not in terms on your treadh. I seen all yours threads are much observed can help risolve my doubt..

and sorry for my niubb. precise I've ever seen BP or NOOB sub-c. I've observed today in jewelry store the rolex and i admired the brilliance (shine, luster) of the hour markers edges and hands (I think these are silver) and brilliance of bezel Theet. the dial is black, similar to blue shining, also.

i would know if Bp and noob has similar luster, or if is this opaque in one of these factory..

i hope this brilliance is not only on the noob prototipe / best version..
can i go with standard replica to have this brilliance or is necessary to go with prototipe V2 / best version ?

those who have a Bp replica (about $ 230 from Ryan,Sora, Sead, Puret.) can confirm me about the shine ?

sorry again Alfru for my intromission...i'd like your opinion, also..

i dont know is "superlumed" is this i ask or it means the visibility of the markers on the dark

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
Benji don't obsess too much about the shine on a real Rolex. Half of it is shop lighting anyway!

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
Benji don't obsess too much about the shine on a real Rolex. Half of it is shop lighting anyway!

thank's Cptain
if the rep. have this brillancy too .... :thumbsup:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZifjxzXCKWQ"]ROLEX SUBMARINER NERO CERAMICA REF 116610 - YouTube[/ame]