• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show your Sub 1680.....

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
Yes a Maria's Best Watch old school , like mine.
Amazing 1680 ! ?
Junio
[QUOTE}

Those MBWs with the white sub dial are the best 1680 rep out there. I like the way Sardonix softened the edges of the case- like a 35 year old watch.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Here's my Puretime red 1680 with gen vintage crown installed. I have not done any aging to it yet. I'm wearing it every day and letting it age naturally.

Here it is with a Clark T19 service dome installed before the gen crown. It lasted for about 4 hours before it started cracking due to the plastic gasket. Now the rep crystal is back on.

abzack

Renowned Member
26/11/11
Beautiful watches all! I love these vintage watches.
I'd like to add my 1680, first purchase from Sora (Shine Watch) sitting by my Dazz 79090.

dsc0005nj.jpg

dsc0007cxf.jpg

dsc0009ht.jpg

dsc0010nb.jpg

iPanerai

7/1/13
Not a 1680 but close enough! MBW 1665:

And, since this is the 1680 thread, Ryan's 1680 that I had for one day:

MBevans

Known Member
20/12/12

iPanerai

7/1/13
Gentlemen, thank you for bestowing these great works of art.
Overwelmed indeed.

Now I know what my next watch will be, as the look of these watches are truly timeless.

Since everyone started with a workable model, may I ask which of the approved suppliers today offers a good core, to base one these beauties on?

Possible this one, or?

http://www.timesshop.net/9993-ro7571hou-rolex-vintage-submariner-black-dial-ss-ss-asian-eta-2836-2

Thanks very kindly,
M

That one looks nice. The bezel insert looks great because the pearl is correctly centered. However, the pear color and the color of the markers on the dial are different. You might want to look for an MBW 1680. Significantly more expensive but worth it.

abzack

Renowned Member
26/11/11
Gentlemen, thank you for bestowing these great works of art.
Overwelmed indeed.

Now I know what my next watch will be, as the look of these watches are truly timeless.

Since everyone started with a workable model, may I ask which of the approved suppliers today offers a good core, to base one these beauties on?

Possible this one, or?

http://www.timesshop.net/9993-ro7571hou-rolex-vintage-submariner-black-dial-ss-ss-asian-eta-2836-2

Thanks very kindly,
M

You could try Sora / Shine Watch.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/rolex-vintage-1680-139002

abzack

Renowned Member
26/11/11
Thanks abzack, ordering one of these today from Sora. Just got their invoice.

Though what are your thoughts of reconditioned Swiss Eta 2846 movements?

I'm impressed so far. Its been running since Monday night and gained about 25 seconds. It sat in my watch box all day yesterday while I wore another watch. Pulled it out this morning and it was still running on time.
If I had one complaint about the watch it is that the bracelet was hard to size. Some of the link screw pins did not want to cooperate so it took me a bit longer to fit. But after removing a link and making an adjustment at the buckle, it fits perfectly. I'm on the lookout for a rivet or folded bracelet for it now. Also, there is really no lume to speak of, but that was expected and Sora did a great job showing that in the photo. I'll probably look at getting a "vintage" re-lume done on the dial, hands and pearl.

DVNE

Put Some Respect On My Name
7/11/12
My recently acquired Cartel 1680 daily beater 21j. All stock. Could use a new crown but I'm in no rush. Just wearing it to wear.

meadow109

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/3/10
Very Nice, DVNE

Never noticed how fat the font was on the cartel bezel and it has "kissing 4"...cool.

DenisSpa

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/6/12
My Ghost ..... from BK !

I dont know what is more misunderstood/disturbing...
the fact that you posted a ceramic watch in a vintage thread or your user name.

FAIL, be ashamed.

:picard:

DenisSpa

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/6/12
Here is a new one of mine, enjoy:

?Noobtastic via the Galaxy III