• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New strap for PAM111

cpw1233

Horology Curious
4/3/13
Just wondered if someone could help me out. I have a PAM111 v3 noob on the way and it's coming on a rubber strap. However I am thinking of also buying a leather strap for it but could somebody point me in the right direction?

I've noticed that there are different sizes so not sure which size to get and also who provides the best straps?

Thanks for the help!

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Hey buddy, I have a 7.5 inch wrist and none of the out of the box replica leather staps fit me. I have an Asso strap that is 115/75 I will sell you for 40 bucks if you want it. It looks perfect on my Noob 111, just does not fit my wrist. If your interested I can send you a picture.

ikiestik

Renowned Member
8/4/09
Well there are literally hundreds of strap makers, prices ranging from 30 bucks up to over 200. Try the supporting vendors they are usually cheaper than the big players equal quality most of the time. The sizes are easy once you know your wrist size if your average, which is around 7" circumference then 130/80 is standard for a 4/5mm thick strap you'll need 24mm wide too. If you wait to get the watch and see how the rubber fits. If you like the size then I would suggest 120/75 3.5mm thick.

The bigger no. Eg. 130 is the long part that passes through the buckle the lower no. Eg. 80 is the short part that the buckle attaches too. The lowest no. Eg. 24 is the width.

There are many different combinations to be had. You could have 24 at the lugs 22 at the buckle(this would fit the tang buckle that comes with the rubber you'll receive) 130 long part 80 short part. The sizes are more often than not measured in mm

The thicker the strap the longer you need it to be to account for the added thickness.

Eg. I have a 7.2" wrist so I would wear 125/75 for 3.5mm thick 125/80 for 4mm thick and 130/80 for 5mm thick.

I hope this helps.

cpw1233

Horology Curious
4/3/13
Well there are literally hundreds of strap makers, prices ranging from 30 bucks up to over 200. Try the supporting vendors they are usually cheaper than the big players equal quality most of the time. The sizes are easy once you know your wrist size if your average, which is around 7" circumference then 130/80 is standard for a 4/5mm thick strap you'll need 24mm wide too. If you wait to get the watch and see how the rubber fits. If you like the size then I would suggest 120/75 3.5mm thick.

The bigger no. Eg. 130 is the long part that passes through the buckle the lower no. Eg. 80 is the short part that the buckle attaches too. The lowest no. Eg. 24 is the width.

There are many different combinations to be had. You could have 24 at the lugs 22 at the buckle(this would fit the tang buckle that comes with the rubber you'll receive) 130 long part 80 short part. The sizes are more often than not measured in mm

The thicker the strap the longer you need it to be to account for the added thickness.

Eg. I have a 7.2" wrist so I would wear 125/75 for 3.5mm thick 125/80 for 4mm thick and 130/80 for 5mm thick.

I hope this helps.

Awesome thanks mate that's exactly what I was looking for!

This hobby is so addictive I am also looking at getting a AP diver, is it a nice rep?

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
Awesome thanks mate that's exactly what I was looking for!

This hobby is so addictive I am also looking at getting a AP diver, is it a nice rep?

What does your nice mean?:thinking:

MillzbuilT

20/2/13
Hey buddy, I have a 7.5 inch wrist and none of the out of the box replica leather staps fit me. I have an Asso strap that is 115/75 I will sell you for 40 bucks if you want it. It looks perfect on my Noob 111, just does not fit my wrist. If your interested I can send you a picture.

where are you located? i may just take it off your hands :howdy:

cpw1233

Horology Curious
4/3/13
I mean is it a rep worth getting and how close to the gen is it?

Brodders

Known Member
6/4/13
where are you located? i may just take it off your hands :howdy:

Every time I load a thread regarding Pam straps you're there millz! ;) you got any new ones yet?

To the OP, have a look at the M2M sales over in strap central. I've picked up a couple from there. I got the same Pam on rubber, which although is comfortable to wear looks like a completely different watch when you add a leather strap. Have a look here for a great selection too http://www.paneraisource.com/aftermarket_straps.shtml happy hunting!

MillzbuilT

20/2/13
Every time I load a thread regarding Pam straps you're there millz! ;) you got any new ones yet?
:howdy: its funny because im so torn on my second watch that im trying to stay busy with the strap thing! LOL! I have one on the way from EU that i purchased thru m2m, i have been scouring the sites and our strapsmiths here but i cant seem to find anything that catches my eye just yet. its probably me and my noobness looking for one type of "look" but im sure sooner or later ill have more straps than watches like the rest of the rep world! heading to the Mediterranean this weekend maybe i get lucky with some new TOYS

:thumbsup:

MillzbuilT

20/2/13

:howdy: its funny because im so torn on my second watch that im trying to stay busy with the strap thing! LOL! I have one on the way from EU that i purchased thru m2m, i have been scouring the sites and our strapsmiths here but i cant seem to find anything that catches my eye just yet. its probably me and my noobness looking for one type of "look" but im sure sooner or later ill have more straps than watches like the rest of the rep world! heading to the Mediterranean this weekend maybe i get lucky with some new TOYS

:thumbsup: