• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Too high expectations lead to dissapointment

alexrams

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/4/13
I admit I am a newbie, noob, green whatever you want to call me. I only joined the forum in March. But since I joined I have been doing two things only: reading and buying. This hobby has been becoming a true addiction as I came into a little money and decided to spend it all on Reps. I made a couple of huge noob mistakes and then reading led me to the Trusted Dealers.

I purchased a Graham oversized Overlord from Toro Bravo on March 26th 2013. He readily sent me QC pics within hours. I was surprised and the glowing posts I had read about him must be true. Within 24 hours he told me the color dial I wanted was out of stock and offered an alternative. I was still awed by his quick customer service. He said dont worry the blue dial is beautiful and he would ship the next day , and so the wait began.

I know all about the delays, factories, holidays, slow mail, busy weeks... I was grateful to get the tracking number only 48 hours after buying my watch so of course I checked everyday. By March 31 it had been sorted at the Shanghai post and was ready to ship out... Well here we are May 8th and the tracking information still says that the parcel is still waiting to be sent out in Shanghai. Of course none of this is Toro's fault but my high expectations were starting to take their toll on my nerves.

I started worrying the second week of April that nothing was leaving Shanghai. Emailed Toro who responded instantly; he said he would check with his shipping agent and for me to be patient and to wait another week. A week later he informs again that his shipping agent is looking into it and if it is lost he will replace it free of charge. What a gracious gentleman! This is excellent business practice and customer service. Expectations up again.

By April 22nd I was pretty sure it was lost, so I emailed and asked for reassurances again from trusted Toro who never failed. There was a pretty long silence there. Not until after the May Day celebrations did I hear from him and once again he was going to check with his Shipping agent one more time and for me to be patient and wait a few days.

That was May 3rd; at this point I have been emailing him every day offering to barter for another watch. I have not heard from him. My emails are now unanswered. My expectations I guess are too high. My disappointment is unjustified, I say to myself. This is a 100% positive feedback trusted dealer that is probably going through some problems (his site was down for a while actually). At what point should I really start to worry? The wait for the watch is bearable; it is the silence from Toro that is worrisome. When is it time to say enough? Tell me, is this normal?

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I talked to him yesterday... did you track your package via USPS?

He could be investigating what's wrong.

D

d4m.test

Crappy situation. You did the right thing by posting publicly though. It should get Toro's attention and you'll get a resolution. I'll keep this post nice and leave it at that.

alexrams

4/4/13
USPS says it has been notified by sending agency that shipment is on the way. But it has been saying that since March 31st.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
USPS says it has been notified by sending agency that shipment is on the way. But it has been saying that since March 31st.

If he shipped via EMS. It should arrive by this week. Takes 7 days or more, USPS has been slow. If he sent via registered airmail, it could take two weeks or more. I still think it's not lost.

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
I ordered my first watch on 5/1 from asian7750 and received today in US. I was pretty shocked that the turnaround time was so fast. Good luck.

alexrams

4/4/13
I hope its isn't lost I have really been longing for that one. Got half a dozen unbelieving friends waiting to see it, since they think all reps are cheap knock offs. The watches I have bought through this forum are of outstanding quality!

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Also, USPS tracking is being shitty. I've checked tracking million of times, and last one's was acceptance->dispatched to sort facility->Arrival at post office->out for delivery.

Relax. If by Monday its not in your hands... contact Toro.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Yeah USPS is been off there game here as of late. Laid to many workers off!

Pannyforme

Renowned Member
27/8/08
im from dublin and yet to try anything else other than DHL/FEDEX from toro. so far so good, yeah sometimes communication gets a bit choppy but yeah practice patience and trust and it will go a long way~hope yours get sorted soon m8

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
I admit I am a newbie, noob, green whatever you want to call me. I only joined the forum in March. But since I joined I have been doing two things only: reading and buying. This hobby has been becoming a true addiction as I came into a little money and decided to spend it all on Reps. I made a couple of huge noob mistakes and then reading led me to the Trusted Dealers.

I purchased a Graham oversized Overlord from Toro Bravo on March 26th 2013. He readily sent me QC pics within hours. I was surprised and the glowing posts I had read about him must be true. Within 24 hours he told me the color dial I wanted was out of stock and offered an alternative. I was still awed by his quick customer service. He said dont worry the blue dial is beautiful and he would ship the next day , and so the wait began.

I know all about the delays, factories, holidays, slow mail, busy weeks... I was grateful to get the tracking number only 48 hours after buying my watch so of course I checked everyday. By March 31 it had been sorted at the Shanghai post and was ready to ship out... Well here we are May 8th and the tracking information still says that the parcel is still waiting to be sent out in Shanghai. Of course none of this is Toro's fault but my high expectations were starting to take their toll on my nerves.

I started worrying the second week of April that nothing was leaving Shanghai. Emailed Toro who responded instantly; he said he would check with his shipping agent and for me to be patient and to wait another week. A week later he informs again that his shipping agent is looking into it and if it is lost he will replace it free of charge. What a gracious gentleman! This is excellent business practice and customer service. Expectations up again.

By April 22nd I was pretty sure it was lost, so I emailed and asked for reassurances again from trusted Toro who never failed. There was a pretty long silence there. Not until after the May Day celebrations did I hear from him and once again he was going to check with his Shipping agent one more time and for me to be patient and wait a few days.

That was May 3rd; at this point I have been emailing him every day offering to barter for another watch. I have not heard from him. My emails are now unanswered. My expectations I guess are too high. My disappointment is unjustified, I say to myself. This is a 100% positive feedback trusted dealer that is probably going through some problems (his site was down for a while actually). At what point should I really start to worry? The wait for the watch is bearable; it is the silence from Toro that is worrisome. When is it time to say enough? Tell me, is this normal?

Cudos to you for showing patience and professionalisum when writing this thread! :cheers:

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Missing/Late/Lost package............

:facepalm: It is something like this that always keeps me 'on the fence' from buying from TDs in the Orient. I always keep my purchases in CONUS. [BKLM/WBK/etc.] Hope it is resolved. TDs "should worry" about problems like this. Top priority is called for in situations like this. It is a 'make or break' business thing.

shaidx

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/7/12
damn, Toro needs to up his game.. its about time!!

alexrams

4/4/13
I thought this Public appeal might move Toro to send me an email. Nothing has happened yet. I have run out of options. My next step is to ask RWI Moderators to step in and try to resolve this with him. How hard can it be to send an email. The silence is deafening. I feel pretty pissed and very helpless... which really sucks because I paid good money for that watch.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Let's see.

Sent from a Bell Telegraph via Western Union

D

d4m.test

Don't worry. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm running out of patience too ....

I thought you finally got your refund?

Anyways, it's already a big change in such a short time. I remember posting a mildly negative review of toro in August and getting completely flamed. This silent treatment is getting pretty common and is ruining what was apparently a spotless golden reputation only 8 months ago.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Guys i m also waiting a long time Toro now.
He still havent found one watch i paid.

My thought is that he is probably very busy.

Keep in mind that these guys just stop answering emails and stop communicating when they are busy because they just dont have the time to log in to their emails.

They dont have the mentality to answer
"give me some days i m very very busy and i ll get back to you"

They just dont answer.

Good or bad? Doesnt really matter cause its something that cannot change . It has to do with mentality.

Thats why there are many TD's out there.

Find the one you like, stick with him.

I understand your patience running out, but
I have the feeling that you ll get a response finally saying "i resent the watch" or the watch will arrive suddently.

Keep in mind that in one case Toro gave me a Tracking Number that got stuck in "sorting process status" for 2 weeks.

Finally the watch arrived with different tracking number.

Good luck buddy.

D.

Tomfun

20/1/13
im from dublin and yet to try anything else other than DHL/FEDEX from toro. so far so good, yeah sometimes communication gets a bit choppy but yeah practice patience and trust and it will go a long way~hope yours get sorted soon m8

What's the timescale on a DHL Shipment for you mate? My tracking number aint showing anything up as yet

Cheers

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I just got QC pics from him. Awaiting tracking info.

Sent from a Bell Telegraph via Western Union