• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just Received my new Dopple Chrono Top Gun 3799-01

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
First of all, Wow! What a great watch! Feels like quality in every aspect. I was surprised how is wears small considering it is a 46mm. It wears a lot smaller than my Big Pilot which is 47mm.

Case:
The color and texture of the case are truly contribute to the quality feel of the watch. All edges are well shaped and smooth. This watch feels a lot lighter than my Big Pilot due to the ceramic and titanium. The Top Gun logo is way too white, but I'll do the repaint job as described on this forum. The pushers are nicely made and they operate smoothly. The pusher at 10 O'clock is still depressible even if it has no function attached to it.

Dial:
All markers are bright white and well sized making very easy to read time rapidly. I was impressed to see that even if the hands and 12,3,6,9 markers are covered with green lume, they are as white as the other items.

The color of the Dial is flat black and does ot allow any reflection, it is very dark. There is a thin line of what seems to be metallic paint around the 12 and 6 o'clock subdial. At certain angle it looks like the GEN

Hands:
Nothing to say here, well made, strong lume, Chrono Second hand is double (Fake dopple chrono) and they are bent towards the dial at the end.

Crown:
The crown seems to be a bit fragile on the thread side, or is it maybe more of a fear deep inside me after reading all of those horror stories with the V2 44MM TG... It is my first 7750 watch with a Screw crown, since i never hand wind my 7750s I was surprised to see how much resistance the movement was offering while screwing down the crown.
The other positions for date and time adjustment are engaging well and easy to access.

Movement:

The chrono hand is very jumpy, at first I thought of a low beat 7750, but after a comparison with my other watches, it is really a 28800 bph movement.

The date change is well operating and the day change is operated by turning the crown in the opposite direction than when changing the date.

Back cover
The Top Gun Logo is under a layer of clear plastic and seems to be of good quality, never heard of one falling off but I doubt it will ever happen. The engravings are a bit rough, but it is acceptable.

Strap:
Beautiful Strap, but very rigid. It is difficult to remove and put the watch on my wrist. After a couple of hours It took the shape better than expected, it is now very comfortable.

Buckle:
Very nice buckle supposedly made of titanium. Color is fantastic and it is very light.

Crystal:

Last but not the least, the crystal. This is according to me one of the most impressive part of this watch. It completely disappears under many different angles. AR is a little blueish as per Gen.

Bottom line:

This is now my favorite watch within my entire collection.

Thanks for reading, enjoy the pics.

9P44C9K.jpg

iOpwach.jpg

FNI9Nlb.jpg

DWOE9Sq.jpg

ilPOo4Y.jpg

ibPT4iF.jpg

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
Mine is incoming from Ryan

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
Great pickup by the way.

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
By the way, I work close to the AD in NY and the strap does not look too nice on the gen. The stitching looked frayed on all the ones in the window.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I know JD. I bought one and it looked terrible. It's cheap and terribly overpriced. You're better off sticking with the rep.

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
I bought it from Toro. Surprisingly though, Mary would not sell it to me. As it is being manufactured by the H Factory and they are known for bad aftermarket service. I dont care, because if it breaks, I'll fix it on my own. But it might be a decision factor for others.

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
Damn, I've been thinking about this one for a few days... You're about to make me broke.

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
Wow very close. I just got mine this week and I cannot wait to fix the top gun color.