• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Making A Proper Carbon Diver Case.

gtanak

I'm Pretty Popular
24/5/10
Imaknockov- i respect ur work and flair. I'm in to support as well, hope you can help fulfill the dreams and wishes of many here if the evaluation is positive

harpen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/10
thanks R2D4 for your kind words, i wish i new carbon, i would be making these for sure, all i can do is offer my assistance in watchsmithing , and i can offer the watch case to copy and the rest is up to the carbon guru ,, it would be stunning imho, the other carbon roo he did was cool but that watch was way too busy for my liking

i will help publically to financially back this project, i will buy the watch and tear it down and help with what i can for the good of the community, the good is the rep makers will never make this case like my new friend can and only a honored select few would own this watch and its glory , it would be more remarkeable than the mbw fetish imho

+100 we should definitely get this going, gauge interest so people will be keep coming back for info. Doesn't matter at this point how its done, if it could be determined whether the case by itself is a go or no go I would be happy.

HPoirot

31/3/11
Just wanted to chime in to say, i would definitely support the project if we're doing the case only.

awpdisaster

Known Member
17/3/11
I am supporting you guys (case or project - no matter what) in order to achieve the perfect FC Diver!

Wilazn

Renowned Member
21/12/11
IMO list don't go we'll. everyone's always in until they are asked to cough up the cash then they disappear. Look at how well the AP Diver AR'ed cyclops went with Big Crown.

Winemaker

I'm Pretty Popular
4/9/10
IMO list don't go we'll. everyone's always in until they are asked to cough up the cash then they disappear. Look at how well the AP Diver AR'ed cyclops went with Big Crown.

I think they are useful to gauge interest. People need to understand the cost will probably by >500$ per case. The fact that only a handful of members have stepped up to say they are in is proof. I doubt more than 24 members are truly interested in making this happen. This is of course if OP is still interested and the donor watch is suitable in his eyes.

squashlover

2/8/11
1-winemaker
2-rbj69
3-Harpen
4-Vester71
5. Squashlovernk

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
I don't want to say I am in. But if someone produces a correct mid case. I would for sure buy it!
I do know a few resources with CNC and lathes that may be able to help. If this project was to grow. I operated CNC for years my self. And they are a lot of work that would have to be done. Programs would have to be set up to specs. Parts would have to be obtained etc. A lot of hands on work here.

shaidx

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/7/12
OP,
What's the minimum number of cases you can make?

PecMan

4/5/09
OP,
What's the minimum number of cases you can make?

and NO! that number doesn't have anything to do with a pack made with Lucifer or the devil :cny:

i dont need his help for the cases to come up perfect ! :thinking:

shaidx

15/7/12

and NO! that number doesn't have anything to do with a pack made with Lucifer or the devil :cny:

i dont need his help for the cases to come up perfect ! :thinking:

Haha just wondering how much interest is needed for OP to make same cases u know

harpen

4/8/10
The complication with FC is that it cannot be machined but rather have to be completed inside the mold due to its brittleness..I think somebody tried to make a case from a solid block of FC (which would have made things much easier) but it just didn't work out.

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
do we know if the mid case on the latest version ss divers are interchangeable with gen?

Imaknockov

18/1/11

This.

Based on what I learned from the montoya project, I can state with first-hand knowledge that "lists" are about as reliable as diarrhea.

harpen

4/8/10
Well, we can probably do it many ways including compile a list and once the decision is made, make a deposit that is a small portion of the case's price. Case in point: Athaya over at HF sold several hundred of his 6154 cases by starting out with a list, started w/ $50 deposit for his new 6152/1 cases and easily 100+ people signed up and paid. As long as there is buyer-seller confidence I don't think there is a problem in lists as long as its done the right way....which BigCrown kind of failed at, unfortunately.

Winemaker

I'm Pretty Popular
4/9/10
Well, we can probably do it many ways including compile a list and once the decision is made, make a deposit that is a small portion of the case's price. Case in point: Athaya over at HF sold several hundred of his 6154 cases by starting out with a list, started w/ $50 deposit for his new 6152/1 cases and easily 100+ people signed up and paid. As long as there is buyer-seller confidence I don't think there is a problem in lists as long as its done the right way....which BigCrown kind of failed at, unfortunately.

What I was thinking as well. Start a list then if the OP decides to move forward ask each person for xx%.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
u cant compare this to big crown stupid cyclops ,, he tried to sell a product that was worse period and he kept the money and sent a few out ,, thats totally different,, also in this case u got a 15 year veteran willing to help make it happen for the good of the board ,, but doenst matter now , appears to be a good one out now :woot: