• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROOGP Forged carbon!

zorro-l

Renowned Member
9/2/12
its hard to say from the video ... i have the rg and fc gp (non fc parts as i have my own already to install ) coming next week and will see how the new sub dials looks and the new strap from the video .. i would say the sub colour is much better then old incorrect dark grey . but on the gen its actual sliver not white or a light grey !! the strap hard to tell the grey on the shoulder of the straps seems to be lighter and the accent on the side .. incorrect marital .. don't get it they say the gen strap was used as reference to make the new version and still off !! that being said will compare when they arrive !!

Brains_eye

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/10/12
Expensive but worth owning one..... Problem pure time are having issues with their server or website ..... Would love to own one soon.....

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
i was thinking about this watch for long long time , looking at pictures and wondering if i really like that watch , i never saw it in any AD so i couldnt see it with my own eyes . after many hours of thinking i finally took my decition

i will pass on these watch and it wont be in my really small collection !
why?

not becouse it is expensive , the reason is the colors , there is to much going on there , red with silver with golden , i dont know , it is just too much for me i guess , very funky sporty i guess but just too much

Motoman4540

24/2/13
I don't know how true this rumor is, but I was chatting with a TD and I heard that a factory is gearing up to produce the forged carbon watches within a couple of months, and not at $1380!

That said, I have been drooling over Puretime's new carbon GP and barely restrained myself from ordering one on the spot. The "faux carbon" just doesn't cut it for me.and am looking forward to hearing how it looks in person.

PecMan

4/5/09
well many AP are using the f. carbon , many people would buy them including me, carbon diver would sell like crazy ! so the RUMOR makes sense , since they will make money , and that is the business about .

marblegranite

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/12
Got the QC pics. I'm pretty impressed with the way the forged carbon parts look.

1FmnsEV.jpg

0PqegrB.jpg

vu0zGQM.jpg

ujMh7As.jpg

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
Man I know its pricey, but damn its sexy!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Imaknockov

18/1/11
If you think rep is expensive, try gen.

Quite right. And the gen parts are even more brittle/prone to damage than my parts. Someone came to me a few weeks ago with a gen that had a damaged bezel and told me that he was quoted $5000 from the AD for a replacement. Puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Exactly, the gen is unbelievably expensive for carbon parts.
Hey Shanno, have you shipped that package my way? Nothing showing here as yet.
No rush, just worried it's missing in post.

PecMan

4/5/09
if the red is corrected then it would be a super replica

what do i mean
if u really! take a look at the gen , the metallic red on the dial is really red! blood red
on the replica is soft red , between red and orange

zorro-l

Renowned Member
9/2/12
@pacman

yes the colour does look blood red ..on pictures on the net .. but in reality its more the red /to orange tone ... ive had the gen to hand .. its quiet a light red not deep at all!!

PecMan

4/5/09
@zorro , but still there is a difference between the red on the replica dial and the gen dial?

i don't know how to explain the color difference between the 2 of them on the pictures , if the picture of the replica dial is taken outdoors , then it will be even lighter?

if yes , then i think the gen dial still more red than the replica dial