• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

eBay PO rep

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
eBay PO rep, it's back again

Skyfall PO on eBay

Forgive me if this has been posted already.

Update: It's back again and linked in a lower post if you want to report it.

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Wow...one bid for $1000 on a watch from a seller with ZERO feedback!

Wouldn't buy anything from that guy...scary:iph:

Towely

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/11
Crikey you guys are good at spotting flaws!

I always think an ebay item with one high bid is dodgy. Usually the seller bumping up the starting price without using a reserve

davylloyd

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/10
It's painfully obvious that it's a rep, but here's the bit that puzzles me. Who in their right mind buys a high value item on an auction site from somebody with zero feedback or track record?

Geez......

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
It's painfully obvious that it's a rep, but here's the bit that puzzles me. Who in their right mind buys a high value item on an auction site from somebody with zero feedback or track record?

Geez......

Some people like to get :spank: ......

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Crikey you guys are good at spotting flaws!

I always think an ebay item with one high bid is dodgy. Usually the seller bumping up the starting price without using a reserve

I think you're right...they get a friend or use another eBay name and post that first bid to "bait" folks or like you said...to bascicaly set a "reserve". Then try to run up the price if they think they have a potential buyer!

DOPES!

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
There comes a time when you have to stop babysitting the idiots who would actually bid that kind of money on an item on an internet auction site without first doing their homework.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
There comes a time when you have to stop babysitting the idiots who would actually bid that kind of money on an item on an internet auction site without first doing their homework.

Why? Maybe it was a friend of yours purchasing it as a gift to say thanks for something? Maybe it was your uncle spending a big chunk of his severance from the job he was just let go from as a way to remind himself of all those years of hard work? Maybe it was your next door neighbor bidding on it to replace a stolen watch that had been given to him by his wife before she passed away from cancer?

Maybe some of us just feel that it's the right thing to do, sharing what we've learned to help protect those who who feel that there are honest people out there.

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
OK, smart arse. At what point do you draw the line? At what point do you think "If you're that stupid, you deserve to lose your cash"? When does the old saying "More money than sense" kick in? Personally, I've gotten sick of protecting these morons. Maybe it's an age thing. Maybe I've had enough of trying to wake people up. Maybe I wish people would just get wise. Either way, if someone is daft enough to bid on a very expensive item, from a seller with very little feedback on an internet auction site, they are a perfect example of stupid.

CoolRob

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/10
You never know it that is innocent person or an idiot so it is better to protect them both than to hurt an innocent man just because we hate idiots.

Tagfan1234

Horology Curious
26/2/13
Only takes 15 seconds to report it. I feel like if you have more knowledge than someone else (rep watches in this case). It is the right thing to do to protect people.