• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How's the Pearl on the Classic Sea Dweller

Flaguyinetown

Horology Curious
30/9/12
Consider a WM Pearl

Good one. :)

I'm done with doing my own mods. :p

I used to have a 21J 16610 noobmariner which I practiced with (pearl mod, polishing out scratches, refinishing with sos pads, etc).

One day I decided to try to do a pearl mod on it. I read a few instructions posts. Trying to swab a pearl turns out is really hard. I don't have the manual dexterity for it.

I must have dropped the WM pearl 50 times before getting it right-except the next day I went to check my mod and I had glued the bezel so it wouldn't rotate.

I've seen some before after with the WM Pearl on the classic SD--it does look awesome, but I would have to send it off for that.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
The one i just got from Angus has a really nice pearl on it.

W5wldEC.jpg

Looks like its got a glass cover on it.

freshtripe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/12/10
I just bought one from Andrew at Trusty Time and that had a glass cover on it too, just like Raddave's.

No need to swap it IMHO.

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Raddave can you post some more pics??I think yours is a slightly improved version of the excisting ssd

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Good one. :)

I'm done with doing my own mods. :p

I used to have a 21J 16610 noobmariner which I practiced with (pearl mod, polishing out scratches, refinishing with sos pads, etc).

One day I decided to try to do a pearl mod on it. I read a few instructions posts. Trying to swab a pearl turns out is really hard. I don't have the manual dexterity for it.

I must have dropped the WM pearl 50 times before getting it right-except the next day I went to check my mod and I had glued the bezel so it wouldn't rotate.

for Godsake, don't ever become a surgeon.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Raddave can you post some more pics??I think yours is a slightly improved version of the excisting ssd

All ive got right now is the QC pics they sent me, but they are alot better than any pics i can take. The pic of the HEV looks shiny, but in real life, the HEV is a dull metal gray color.

HzP9FKF.jpg

XvQv8Ly.jpg

hPveJiW.jpg

0mLftJi.jpg

8rb9DrH.jpg

QqyMLMM.jpg

nuwTpcp.jpg

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Definatelly a new edition..I wonder how you guys missed this one

Flaguyinetown

Horology Curious
30/9/12
Thanks guys!

Yeah, I agree that pearl looks upgraded.

I saw a SD sell at the geek recently. It was from Trusty Time.

The pics weren't great, but the seller told me the pearl wasn't great.

Bad pic, but looks different:

sd2of7.jpg

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Alright guys, just a little bit of an update....After wearing this for a week the little glass lens popped off the pearl. Kinda bummed, but not really that big of a deal.

I probably could have fixed it with clear epoxy, but i already had a spare WM pearl.
So i swapped it out.

Looks better now