• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Graduation Gift

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
So I graduate from law school tomorrow and I want to buy myself a graduation gift, but I am at a loss for what to buy, maybe you guys can help.

I am really looking for a PVD watch as I don't have one, let me know what you guys think I should get. I am considering a Top Gun currently.

tokeyx

27/3/11
You a PAM guy? I'd get an 026k if it were me. Congrats by the way!

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
I'm assuming you're talking about a rep since you posted in a rep section. The pvd top gun is really nice, as well as the milguass, daytona, and ceramic sub. I'm not usually such a rollie fanboi, but they have a lot of nice options in pvd.

Fortey

21/7/10
Top Gun sounds good to me- I love it except for the Top Gun logo, makes it look like a promo tie-in even if it isn't.

WatchnScotch

Certified
10/12/10
Sorry, yes, I am looking for a rep. I will probably never buy gens.

Fortey

21/7/10
:bunny:

Man, you're graduating from law school! You're going to be lighting your cigars with gens!

(spoken as a poor art school grad)

D

d4m.test

Contact Robert about the Corum Golden Bridge
Saw it earlier today .... just a beautiful watch

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Congrats!!
My wife and I have been seriously discussing me going to law school next Fall. Kind of a second career.
My wife will have her PhD in 2 years, my son in 3, and my daughter in 4. My 2 BBAs from Baylor University officially make me the village idiot of the family, so a JD might be just the ego boost I need!

For PVD I'd avoid Rolex and go for something that comes that way gen, like the Top Gun or a Pam.

dspevack

Horology Curious
28/4/11
Does this PVD interest you? Ulysse Nardin Black Ocean Maxi Marine Diver
$188 @ watch-international. Gen Retail: $8,400.00
fb5c31fda896044b89d1c390102a2a95.image.733x550.jpg

WatchnScotch

Certified
10/12/10
Does this PVD interest you? Ulysse Nardin Black Ocean Maxi Marine Diver
$188 @ watch-international. Gen Retail: $8,400.00
fb5c31fda896044b89d1c390102a2a95.image.733x550.jpg

I would consider this, but I already have the white one and have a blue one on the way!

WatchnScotch

Certified
10/12/10
Just finished the hooding ceremony for law school, came home, ordered a Top Gun! Now I can't wait for it to get here.

WatchnScotch

Certified
10/12/10
Congrats!!
My wife and I have been seriously discussing me going to law school next Fall. Kind of a second career.
My wife will have her PhD in 2 years, my son in 3, and my daughter in 4. My 2 BBAs from Baylor University officially make me the village idiot of the family, so a JD might be just the ego boost I need!

For PVD I'd avoid Rolex and go for something that comes that way gen, like the Top Gun or a Pam.

I would say go for it! Although, I would never want to wish the terrible 3 years it takes upon people. I will say, those who are not 25 (like me) do very well in law school, because your level of dedication and focus is much better.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I would say go for it! Although, I would never want to wish the terrible 3 years it takes upon people. I will say, those who are not 25 (like me) do very well in law school, because your level of dedication and focus is much better.

Thanks for the encouragement! Starting law school in my mid forties is a bit daunting, but looking more and more like something I might do.

WatchnScotch

Certified
10/12/10
Thanks for the encouragement! Starting law school in my mid forties is a bit daunting, but looking more and more like something I might do.

One student who graduated with me was in her mid 50s. She decided to get her law degree after being a colonel in the army and after getting her M.D....

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Thanks, Naylor. Good to know I'm not the only one.
I originally intended on becoming an attorney. But when I graduated college I turned down a spot in Law School because I already had my business running quite well and saw that I could make more than most lawyers and not have to get slimy in the endeavor.
My new-found re-desire to become a lawyer is now spawned from years of ill treatment at the hand of attorneys - mostly family law - who's only concern is to increase billable hours at any and all costs. I almost have enough evidence of lying and collusion from my last bad experience that I am close to filing ethics charges with the state board. But as they protect their own except in truly blatant and haneous instances I expect nothing to come of it.
I am now determined to be the attorney who treats people ethically and fairly and cares about his clients. Luckily my wife makes enough money for us to live on. :)