• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sister found out she bought a REP?

Rainsick33

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
Ironically I wanted to buy a high quality rep LV for my girlfriend lately,,,, then I get a call from my sister today (Ive been talking to her about good lv reps) apparently she bought what she thought was a gen lV bag off the bay this past year, now turns out to be a REP! :biglaugh:

She has a few lv clutch and bags, most bought at AD and few off the bay. After speaking to me about reps, she went and inspected all her bags,,,, ;que dramatic music; turns out one of them is a fake! She was shocked that quality is so gen like that she never bothered checking, seller had good feedbacks and sold previous lv items.

Now its too late to dispute paypal. All she has is persons address. What can be done? police report? show up at person address ready to lynch mob?

garbear99

Known Member
17/12/12
Chalk it up to experience. I assume that something on ebay is a fake until proven otherwise. I also make that assumption for anything on Amazon except when it is sold by Amazon itself.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Too late. Who's to say she isn't pulling a switch? Who's to say that's the same bag he sold her after the time that has passed?
Live and learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
Selling fakes on eBay breaks the rules and policies so reporting the seller may get his account disabled. I know that it looks like eBay doesn't do much about fakes but my cousin sold one fake on eBay without knowing and it wasn't even an expensive item, was reported and the PP and eBay accounts were suspended. She tried to open another one with another bank account and address and got disabled immediately. She has to use somebody's else account now.
If the seller does a lot of transactions on eBay and cares about the account I would contact him, point him to the rules and policies and threat him that if he doesn't come up with a solution you will get his account disabled.

Rainsick33

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
Hmm, so from what I am reading, basically you get scammed and nothing can be done? As in the seller can sell you a crap shoot and its up to the buyer to prove otherwise but difficult to do so because whose to say buyer didnt do a swap?

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
You have 60 days (I think) to open a dispute with paypal. After that there's not much you can do. She should have inspected it when she got it.

There's a chance the seller may refund her to avoid hassle but it's unlikely.

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09
I think you have 60-90 days to file a claim with PayPal so try it.

arcadia

11/8/11
Too late. Who's to say she isn't pulling a switch? Who's to say that's the same bag he sold her after the time that has passed?
Live and learn.

+1. Ample time has already lapsed.

Wife has some pretty nice branded bags. If one is into a hobby that can be replicated much by us Chinese, it would be best to know the tells to protect yourself.

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
Straight from PP:

You have 45 days from the date you purchased an item to open a dispute. If you choose to escalate your dispute to a PayPal claim, you need to do so within 20 days of opening the dispute. Otherwise it will be closed automatically.

LupTak

Renowned Member
15/12/11
How long has it been? I assume she paid via PayPal. PayPal by CC or bank account?

Rainsick33

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
How long has it been? I assume she paid via PayPal. PayPal by CC or bank account?

Paypal / bank.

I doubt she can get money back, was wondering what people would do with just person address?

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
turns out one of them is a fake! She was shocked that quality is so gen like that she never bothered checking, seller had good feedbacks and sold previous lv items.

Now its too late to dispute paypal. All she has is persons address. What can be done? police report? show up at person address ready to lynch mob?

All these solutions seem a bit harsh if not impractical six months after an eBay transaction. Maybe just email the seller first?

If the rep bag was that good then I'd bet that the seller didn't even know it was a fake.

At least your sister got a high grade rep while getting a lesson about buying these kinds of things on eBay.

bpdd

Renowned Member
30/11/12
There is no AAA+++ 1:1 Rep of LV stuff out there ... believe me ... LV is handmade - no rep. factory would invest the money/work on an highend rep of a LV Bag ... really u can tell a rep from a gen .... there r some good reps ... but no super reps especially for the LV Monogram or Damier

bpdd

Renowned Member
30/11/12
but all in all ... for ppl who dont really deal with the details of LV bags etc. can tell a rep or gen ...

Im really sorry for your sister ... u guys contact paypal? Hope you get your money back!

Rainsick33

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
There is no AAA+++ 1:1 Rep of LV stuff out there ... believe me ... LV is handmade - no rep. factory would invest the money/work on an highend rep of a LV Bag ... really u can tell a rep from a gen .... there r some good reps ... but no super reps especially for the LV Monogram or Damier

I disagree. You obviously never seen or own a good lv rep. Ive own few wallets and my girlfriend has the gens so we compared and its that good, texture, smell, stitching , the whole she-bang. Also my sisters rep was that good as well, its almost the real thing only if the serial matched, scary. And no you cant spot these walking by someone, let alone let them get good close look.

kr_clk

Horology Curious
3/12/12
I disagree. You obviously never seen or own a good lv rep. Ive own few wallets and my girlfriend has the gens so we compared and its that good, texture, smell, stitching , the whole she-bang. Also my sisters rep was that good as well, its almost the real thing only if the serial matched, scary. And no you cant spot these walking by someone, let alone let them get good close look.

Where do u get high quality reps, Prada Wallets? Any TDs to rec?

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
well I ordered probably 20 bags from Sally over a several year period. I can say with
pure confidence that at least 3 were undetectable by anyone except for serial. I can
also say that at least 10 fell apart due to poor construction, total disappointment.

those 3 I speak of are still in use today, used all the time and loved by their owners.
all 17 others are either in the trash or with someone else that probably put them in
the trash by now.

so they do exist, I've seen and felt them with my own eyes and hands. but they are
rare, and I don't think you can count on any one source for the best. each source
has ones better than others.