• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

help me choose a DSSD

arg_

Known Member
2/9/12
looking for an entry level Deepsea, due to limited budget, and currently I am between these two ryan and WI

Not sure if the dealers do have them as I haven't asked yet, but nevertheless which one would you suggest? (or any other alternatives)

thanks

sensei

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/12
i got one from ryan.
very good seller, incredible fast (paid 21 dec, got it 24 dec) and watch is nice

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Wow, that one from WI is like the very first version of the dssd rep, not very accurate at all, it was made from a regular seadweller. Havent seen one of those in a LONG time.
Might be kind of neat to have from a rep collectors stand point, but not if your trying to fool anyone.
The one from Ryan looks pretty good for the money,
Trevor has that same one i think for $98...http://v.yupoo.com/photos/trevorwatch/albums/2201492/

arg_

Known Member
2/9/12
thank you guys, really valuable input.

I'll probably go either with Trevor or Ryan. Trusty's may be even better but is beyond my budget

:cheers:

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
Buy the DSSD by Sead.
Same watch , same flaws of all DSSD , (do not ask me what , even the walls know them) , costs less , you will arrive before. :)

[BLINK]Synthetic - Direct[/BLINK] :junio:

Junio

arg_

Known Member
2/9/12
well, Trevor advised me against the 21j movement for DSSD because in his experience there were many reliability issues.

I really appreciate his advice but seems strange to me since I have quite a few reps with 21j and none had a problem so far. Is it maybe the particular combo that does not work well?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

arg_

Known Member
2/9/12
thanks,
my experience with 21j has been positive so far and as you rightly say it is cheap to replace if something goes wrong

soren

27/7/08
Buy a ultimate from a td with a clone movement or swiss ETA if you prefer that. Prepare your self that you have to mod the watch with lume and at least get the version 7 timemarkers from puretime or trevor. If not dont do it, you Will find to Many flaws over time, that Will kill your interest in the watch.

JoehwrfcJ

20/8/12
RYAN. His service is top and his shipping is excellent, and say more for the chap!

arg_

Known Member
2/9/12
in the end I went with Ryan. Never bought from him before, I found the communication very quick and professional.

Will post pictures when I get it, it will take a while though as I opted for airmail.

Thanks everybody for the help

:cheers: