• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

With a budget of 5Gs, which one would you?

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
If there's any way to get around the no used/online restriction, do it. Unless you've just got money to burn, there is no good reason not to buy a used watch that has been well taken care of. Buying a brand new watch from a brick and mortar store is almost always going to be a huge waste of money.

There's tons of great used watches for 5k and less, including Rolex, and very few if any new watches at that price point that I think are worth the money.

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
You can buy previously owned Rolexes all day for under $5K. If you purchase prudently it will only increase in value. Well maintained 1601s that sold for $450 new in 1960 will fetch $3000 now. You can't, however, score a pointed crown guard 1675 with small GMT hand and chapter dial. That won't work but there are others.

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
not cartier, just don't see them holding their value. And unless you give us more info on your lifestyle it may be too dressy for daily wear. Get a seiko MM about 2.5-3k new and they are comparable in size to a dssd and superb quality. Omega and breitlings can be bought at an ad for under 5k new.

Pelagos would be my first choice over rolex or cartier hands down.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Where can you buy Tudors from? I live in Japan and they don't sell them here, although I have seen second hand ones available.

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
Are you going to get around the online thing? If not, you're severely limited. I do know a dealer in PA that can get Tudor, though.

Fiveostang

6/11/12
The roadster is a great idea you have to go SS or even a new datejust can be had for that much. You have to shop around. Depending on where you live makes things a little more complicated too. No cartier AD's around me so I have to do online.