• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My PAM 111N got a poo...

stonesix

20/9/12
order the infamous super rep with PT, rejected the QC pic due to a small chip at "6", and in the same time asking for rechecking whether its a chip, dust or reflection problem...reply with confirmation and more picture saying that its not chip.:lolcina::lolcina:

received the watch, and do a simple check, its chip at "6" looking closely its like some unfinished from the top plate.

not very happy...how should you compensate this kind of quality since your are most reliable TD here with regconigtion yet this kind of watch passing the check.
let's see, is this normal among the rest of the 111 or i'm just that "lucky" to get this special version?

let;s see the poo poo.....the one sent to me...also has the chip there.
DSCF5094.JPG

this is the one i rejected...
IMG_011310.JPG

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
ok seriously.... that is a tiny tiny tiny defect. That is so much magnified that if you asked someone with the naked eye to see that defect they couldn't.

You are being ridiculous and if I was a dealer would refuse to sell to you.

stonesix

20/9/12
maybe you like to relook into the 2nd pic...tell me if you are not able to see it...

if tiny detaisl like dagger not touching the swan neck and some tiny gap of the CG can lower this grade to first class, why this aesthetic chip consider as ok when it is in the face of the watch?

yes, its tiny but not microscopicly tiny, seem like buyer can't reject QC pic here...what for the QC then...

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
I can see the flaw@6 and above the S&M, would I be happy probably not, have you contacted Angus?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
maybe you like to relook into the 2nd pic...tell me if you are not able to see it...

if tiny detaisl like dagger not touching the swan neck and some tiny gap of the CG can lower this grade to first class, why this aesthetic chip consider as ok when it is in the face of the watch?

yes, its tiny but not microscopicly tiny, seem like buyer can't reject QC pic here...what for the QC then...

Yes I can see it in the second picture. But how often do you hold your watch 2 inches from your face to look at the time?

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
imo it is a little picky but if he rejected it then was sent it anyway??????!! not good form,the td should of walked away from deal if his rejections were a little picky!!!

stonesix

20/9/12
Like splinter, its tiny but doesn't mean everyone can stand it especially when you knew its there.

Similarly how often we look at the pre-v hand yet its defining a level different.

Anyway, I should get over this for its just a f***ki rep.

stonesix

20/9/12
I can see the flaw@6 and above the S&M, would I be happy probably not, have you contacted Angus?

Hi Sharrkey,

You made my day, honestly, my concern is no the flaw above the M, but the poo on the "6". I am not that picky...

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Mate if your not happy contact Angus, obviously you where concerned when u 1st seen the Qc pics and they told you nothing was wrong, and the rep has arrived with the flaw, Angus is a good guy give him a chance to respond.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
I wouldn't be one bit happy with that to be honest. Reject QC pics, get sent the same watch. That chip is noticeable especially when you know it's there.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
That chip is noticeable especially when you know it's there.
Really?

TheRealWorld.jpg

The only issue here is the fact that it was still sent, the actual complaint is silly. I'm sorry but it's a rep. You are talking about a flaw maybe 1/6th of a mm across.

However, having refused the watch it should not have been sent. Was the sales person aware you are a member here?

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
It would be for me anyway. If I had accepted the watch and noticed it fair enough but with the whole QC thing I wouldn't have expected it to be sent to me.

I agree it's tiny but I suppose it depends how much you obsess over these things!

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Problem is op raises a red flag, but staff assured him it's not there, when it is.
Op trusted the staff and in the end gotten what he doesn't want. (Although its a small flaw)

Not a good form I say, when one got punished for believing what was said.

I have since learned to stay firm and request picture proof if the problem bothers me enough.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Yes Shiro I agree entirely, after he raised the matter the watch should not have been sent and an email to that effect has been sent to PT.

stonesix

20/9/12
Thanks Shiro, trailboss,

I trusted the TD and at the end felt cheated, and now the problem its all mine.

If I accepted it then I can only suck my thumb.
But I emailed and askIng for confirmation, yet still end up with this shit.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks guys for your help and sorry about this stonesix, I can understand you expect this to be a perfect time piece and the defect is really bothering you. I believe we can work something out, please check your PM.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

md2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/7/12
This is still something I don't understand this is not a gen your NEVER EVER going to get the same type of quality from a 350$ watch compared to a 8000$ watch. :banghead:

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
This is still something I don't understand this is not a gen your NEVER EVER going to get the same type of quality from a 350$ watch compared to a 8000$ watch. :banghead:

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

I dont think this was the op's problem, he asked if the dial had a flaw in the initial Qc pics and was told there was nothing to be concerned about, rep arrives and the concern he had was quite cleary on the rep.
Anyway Angus is addressing the issue enough said..