• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap > Watch

stonesix

20/9/12
While waiting for PAM111N, I am starting to scan ard for some nice strap.
One thing I can't seem to justify myself is the strap is almost the price of the watch...:picard:

How do you guys step across this?

I see many other spend on strap than watch here...:lolcina:

cheers..

rols16610

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/4/12
I have two Pams, both watches cost me around £150 each and the straps were around £75 to £85 each.

it all depends what type of strap you want, some of them can be expensive, but some of the custom strap makers on here make some really nice ones for pretty good prices.

bronica

Advisor
Advisor
6/5/12
You can get custom made for around $80USD, they will last you pretty much a lifetime if taken care of properly.

lear2003

13/8/12
check out Bronzy, just received 2 straps from him for my Pam, $37 each (£25) including postage, top quality straps, still some available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
Some straps cost alot due to the work it takes to make them and how the leather is obtained (I am giving strapmaking a try and trust me it takes a long time). There are definately alot of great strap makers on this forum that can absolutely get you one at a decent price

StrapDaddy

17/8/12
Full disclosure, i am obviously a strap addict/dealer.

That being said, it is my extremely humble opinion that many rep pams (watches not straps) are at a level where they are indistinguishable from their oem counterparts. Having owned many of the same models in both rep and oem, i find it increasingly difficult to justify purchasing oem watches. I wish i could say the same for rep straps, but if i receive a rep pam, and decide to keep it, i personally upgrade the strap as soon as i can.

Adding a proper strap, from any of the dealers on RWI or and oem, to me completes the watch. Perhaps i'm nuts, but those are my two cents.

Best,
SD

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I have straps that cost more than $500 on some of my watches. If you have a nice watch, and a garbage strap, you may as well not wear anything.

tats

Renowned Member
8/5/12
I agree with most of what is posted here. The majority of the rep straps are garbage and to me that is a bigger "tell" than the watch itself. When I got my first PAM, I went out and bought (read ordered) two straps. One from Aaron at Combat-Straps here and another from Micah at Vintager Straps here that I'm trying to sell since I love the first one so much.

A good strap can make a watch while a bad one can ruin it.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
I have straps that cost more than $500 on some of my watches. If you have a nice watch, and a garbage strap, you may as well not wear anything.

Really!?!?

I gotta see this.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Breitling GEN Croc is $550. Breitling Rubber Strap w/ Deployment is $475. My AP Panda has a Custom Caiman strap, my Pams all have customs straps as well. It just adds a great touch to a watch. The rep straps are beyond disgusting. Frankly, I have thrown most of them away.

StrapDaddy

17/8/12
Breitling GEN Croc is $550. Breitling Rubber Strap w/ Deployment is $475. My AP Panda has a Custom Caiman strap, my Pams all have customs straps as well. It just adds a great touch to a watch. The rep straps are beyond disgusting. Frankly, I have thrown most of them away.

I agree, the straps play a big part in the personality of a watch. I too have personally spent a small fortune on straps. From OEM santos 100 alligator straps to custom made gunnys and OEMs for my Panerais.

Breitling is actually currently priced at $590 for gator, quite expensive but they are very beautiful and rugged thick cut straps.

Lets not forget OEM Richard Mille straps are priced anywhere from $500 to $10,000 per strap. Pretty crazy stuff.

Best,
SD

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09

Gens.....O.K.

I thought you had some customs Pam straps you paid more than $500 for.

I feel better now. ;)