• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cleaning with Cape Cod

faberjay111

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
I would like to clean some of my watches with Cape Cod cloths.

Do I have to tape off the areas that are not polished?

For example, I want to clean the bezel of a Pam 192. The rest of the watch has a grey (PVD?DLC??)finish. Should I tape off these areas...along with the crystal.

Ca I also use a Dremel to do polishing? At slow speeds? With what attachment?

Is there a tutorial I can go to?

Any advise would be appreciated!

Thanks!

jamesfl

21/5/12
It means he subscribed to the thread so that he can follow the answers.
I think I will do the same.

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
Cool..I didn't know one could do that. I will find out how!

Thanks

Click "thread tools", at the top right side of where the thread starts (below the RWI headers).
Then select "Subscribe to this thread" ;)

EDIT:
I have no idea about cape cod though :unsure:

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Click "thread tools", at the top right side of where the thread starts (below the RWI headers).
Then select "Subscribe to this thread" ;)

EDIT:
I have no idea about cape cod though :unsure:

Yup that usually woks.... not on tapatalk tho. You have to post in the thread in order for it to show up in "participated" threads

D

d4m.test

A cape cod cloth WILL turn a brushed finish into a polished finish, so taping off brushed areas is definitely a good idea. I would assume that the same would apply to PVD/DLC finishes.

wtch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/5/12
be careful with a dremel! it can do a lot of damage! only skilled persons should use it on watches! cape cod is good for polishing like stated, and yes, taping is a must. :)

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
A professional would remove the bezel and crystal and dismantle the bracelet before getting happy with a Dremel. Unless you have the hands of a brain surgeon, I would stick with hand polishing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
im not too familiar with cape cod......you're saying it can be used to remove scratches from polished surfaces? like my breitling ProII bracelet?

does it need any kind of polish compound?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Nope, the polishing agents are embedded in the cloth.