• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

If you had an RWI newbie as a puppet, and you where the puppet master ...

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
:lol2:

It's really difficult to put a price on some timepieces. :D

You're right cy........in fact on second thoughts.........you'd be shooting yourself in the foot by giving it away for a trifling $400!!!
10_5_1341.gif

DanishPanther

Known Member
15/8/12
$400 will buy you just about any of the really good high-end reps out there, maybe even have some change left over for a strap or watchbox, or a cheap 21j.

Get something nice while you have the money, don't buy 4 junk watches. Seriously, don't piss a decent budget away on cheap 21j A2813 movement powered shit.

So what would you make your noob puppet buy? :)
(I'm especially interested in your answer as a strap dealer, that should be interesting) would you make him buy a certain watch and a certain strap? :)

I started out with a bunch of cheapies.. well 100-200 reps. I love them all and probably won't part with any of them.

However I wish I had maybe not purchased a couple of them as I have now found other watches I want more, or a singular watch that I don't want to buy now that I have spent 400-500 on a couple that I don't want as much as that really high end watch.

AWESOME insights mate ... especially intereting since you have been trough several bad things... It's also interesting that you have actually bought some cheep reps, without regretting it.. :)

So what will you make your noob puppet buy, knowing from the experiences you have made so far? :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm........a budget of $400 you say.
thinking-023.GIF

idea-idea-animated-animation-smiley1.gif

You could always shoot cy a PM to see if he still has this little gem up for sale........

:lol::lol::lol:
I read that post ... hillarious ... I feel sad for your noob puppet though(almost puppet abuse ... but it's your puppet, you are allowed to do with it as you wish haha ...) ... :lol:

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
(I'm especially interested in your answer as a strap dealer, that should be interesting) would you make him buy a certain watch and a certain strap? :)

Probably not the wisest thing to ask Dan mate........he'd just say "Ditch the watch and buy $400 worth of straps........from me".
laughs91.gif

DanishPanther

Known Member
15/8/12
Probably not the wisest thing to ask Dan mate........he'd just say "Ditch the watch and but $400 worth of straps........from me".
laughs91.gif

Well that would still be interesting? :)

As long as it's not me who end's up with 400 dollar straps and a paper watch ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad I made this thread, have already laughed my ass of twice, and learnt something in the process ... :popcorn:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
. I feel sad for your noob puppet though(almost puppet abuse ... but it's your puppet, you are allowed to do with it as you wish haha ...) ... :lol:

Au contraire my friend. If I truly had a nobbie padowan puppet at my disposal I would show him the darkest secrets of the rep force and I would start by giving him a brand new set of Bergeon screwdrivers. The training would be of the utmost intensity at an undisclosed location. Eta's, DG's, attack of the clone eta's and even a slight foray into the most hideous of the Asian movements. Under my tutelage this young grasshopper would grow in strength and patience and move effortlessly in the jungle of Repdom.

When the training was complete this young grasshopper nooberooski would have the ability to build such horological masterpieces just like this one :unsure:

VariousWatches027.jpg

DanishPanther

Known Member
15/8/12
Au contraire my friend. If I truly had a nobbie padowan puppet at my disposal I would show him the darkest secrets of the rep force and I would start by giving him a brand new set of Bergeon screwdrivers. The training would be of the utmost intensity at an undisclosed location. Eta's, DG's, attack of the clone eta's and even a slight foray into the most hideous of the Asian movements. Under my tutelage this young grasshopper would grow in strength and patience and move effortlessly in the jungle of Repdom.

When the training was complete this young grasshopper nooberooski would have the ability to build such horological masterpieces just like this one :unsure:

VariousWatches027.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Priceless!!!

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Don't encourage him........cy's just showing off now as he's fully aware that his collection is the envy of the entire forum!!!
unhappy-059.gif

Showered with such flattery dare I post my entire collection? :friends:

D

d4m.test

If I had a noob puppet and I wanted him to be happy with his first replica purchases, I would guide him based on his tastes and preferences, and then ban him from this forum before he receives them.

I swear, the more you read on the these rep forums, the more you learn about flaws in all the reps out there, and the more obsessed you get with perfection until the watch that you loved a month ago is now a watch that you want to mod and fix. It's a sick obsession. Buy your watches and GTFO!

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
Showered with such flattery dare I post my entire collection? :friends:

Now that would just be cruel........Remember Heliotropen only has $400 to spend and to put such temptation in his way would just........well........let's just say that we do not wish to incite any criminal activity.
felon-felon-criminal-crime-smiley-emoticon-001086-large.gif

DanishPanther

Known Member
15/8/12
If I had a noob puppet and I wanted him to be happy with his first replica purchases, I would guide him based on his tastes and preferences, and then ban him from this forum before he receives them.

I swear, the more you read on the these rep forums, the more you learn about flaws in all the reps out there, and the more obsessed you get with perfection until the watch that you loved a month ago is now a watch that you want to mod and fix. It's a sick obsession. Buy your watches and GTFO!

That's a great advice ... and you seam to live up your Indian name in term of compassion, I like that! :)

Fear it's already to late for me though... I'm hooked :lolcina:

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
I am still a noob myself, but with a $400 budget I bought a noob sub-c (black) (a2836) and a Pam 111N (h-factory version) from Travis, which combined cast $330 shipped. I might get flamed a bit, but Trevor sells the h factory version for $100 less, and the differences are so minute, I don't see anyone (but a forum member noticing). A cheap strap is a definite tell though, buying the h factory version leaves me with $70 for a really nice strap for the Pam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DanishPanther

Known Member
15/8/12
I am still a noob myself, but with a $400 budget I bought a noob sub-c (black) (a2836) and a Pam 111N (h-factory version) from Travis, which combined cast $330 shipped. I might get flamed a bit, but Trevor sells the h factory version for $100 less, and the differences are so minute, I don't see anyone (but a forum member noticing). A cheap strap is a definite tell though, buying the h factory version leaves me with $70 for a really nice strap for the Pam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure that advice will be appealing to many noobs in here ... thnx for sharing man :)

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07

Well, do you like pams? If so, pick out the model you like, I'd get a noobfactory model, then pair it with a nice aftermarket strap. If you want to go that route, i'd be glad to help with the strap of course. Can't well pair a strap without knowing which watch you like.

Like Breitling? The new Seawolf that just came out is a super rep that just about everyone and their mother likes. Another no brainer.

You mentioned B&R and Rolex. I don't know much about the different B&R models but you could pick up one of those with clone ETA movement, then look at a Noobmariner or even better, a GMT IIC (super rep) either of which fitted with a clone ETA. You should be able to get the B&R and one of the Rolex with your budget easily. Good luck!

DanishPanther

Known Member
15/8/12
Well, do you like pams? If so, pick out the model you like, I'd get a noobfactory model, then pair it with a nice aftermarket strap. If you want to go that route, i'd be glad to help with the strap of course. Can't well pair a strap without knowing which watch you like.

Like Breitling? The new Seawolf that just came out is a super rep that just about everyone and their mother likes. Another no brainer.

You mentioned B&R and Rolex. I don't know much about the different B&R models but you could pick up one of those with clone ETA movement, then look at a Noobmariner or even better, a GMT IIC (super rep) either of which fitted with a clone ETA. You should be able to get the B&R and one of the Rolex with your budget easily. Good luck!

Hey man, I just wanted to say that I did actually not intended this thread about what I want ... it's more a thread to have some fun, and for us newbies to learn from you more advanced guys in that process ...

I have already learned allot in this thread that will affect my choices, but I don't expect to be one of the actual puppet's ... never know of course :lol:

But since you are so kind, I will mention a bit about my own ideas anyways (obviusly I am a noob, and I do intend to buy something ... )

As for pams I actually hate myself from not liking them, but to be totally honest I'm just not fallen in love with them yet ... ( understand I don't look down on them, I do think those who wear them are super cool, and I do see them as the most iconic fashion watch right now, it's just not for me right now) ...

As for B&R I have really just looked myself blind on getting one that match my leather jacket, - so it will be more, not even for casual use, but for partying, going to the movies, walking, and less important things I want to use it ... Think this obviously:
rdj.jpg

I do like the big Breitling's, but I don't think I would use such a watch for anything but disco's and dancing ... :lol: (Now they are on my list for that, but it's not the most urgent for me right now... I'm not really that bling bling anyways) ... I have to agree that the sea wolf could be an exception to this for me though, that one is as bad ass IMO as the rolexes

I am going to get a Rolex obviously(perhaps it a bit lame, but let's be honest, it's why most of us came her first time right... I just love those watches) ... I'm most towards the black ceramic subs(though I like the deep seas also, but don't think I'm going that route), - I also like the explorer 1 ... so might get one of those later also together with the sub...

Lastly I might go for a dress watch ...

(I will not go for all that for 400$ obviously, that might give me 1 or two of those ... and that's not really my personal budget either, though it's not allot bigger right now, - I plan to buy my stuff over longer time)

And then I'm going to keep looking at what I like overall :)

Again I really appreciate your post, especially the strap thing, if I find something where I can use better straps, you can be sure I will take the offer and shoot you a pm ... I could actually imagine myself getting the explorer 1, and putting it on some-kind of fancy leather strip (switching between that and the bracelet).. but let's see :)

Mate........you certainly can't go wrong with Dan's straps.
respect-050.GIF

I did the Pam/Dan strap combo myself........

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/shoemakers-elf-99091?t=99091

........bloody awesome!!!
smileytwothumbsup1.gif

I agree I CAN see the coolness in that, belive me ... it's just not for me yet ... I hope I will fall for them later on :) I really do!

*************************************************************************************************************

Now if I had a puppet myself right now, and he liked pam's I would make him buy the medium expensive pam for perhaps 288$ at puretime, and then use the deal he has with a Seamaster Professional Diver A2824 for 99$ that he would then be able to get as a bonus deal ... I have considered something like that personally, but it's sadly just not for me... I hate my bad taste sometimes!!!