• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} [ PAM CONSULTING TEAM ] - The Powerful Engine of RWI PAM Section

ricardmg

Renowned Member
26/12/10
Ale -
Could be interesting to have a few strapmakers here, perhaps in 3 specialized categories:

1- True Vintage & Historic
2 - Contemporary (PAV/Pre-V to current)
3- Creative - outside the box/innovative

I would have to vote for Eric Gabriel/Donerix for category #1 - those who know him and his work will attest to his unique abilities with vintage strap making.

"Full disclosure" - I am a Donerix loyalist, as I almost exclusively use him for my custom vintage builds and vintage style straps - so if I am being baised in choosing him - so be it!! He is simply doing vintage work on a level all it's own...

The caveat however, is that he is extremely busy, travels often and seems to only be consistently available on a quarterly basis at best - we definitely need to find those who are willing to dedicate the necessary time to this project, and that will be as important a selection factor as their abilities and reputation...

Just my 2 cents...

In my opinion, the strapmakers section is not for categorize, althought is a good idea to define the strapmakers due to his work. I think that the strap section could be made for to analize and to give 'strap-vision' review in general.

All the ideas will be for build the greatest section in the net!!!

DFH

Known Member
9/12/11
Ricard -
I just checked out your website - you do really beautiful work!!!
I have a coupe of design ideas for a vintage piece that I am in the process of having built - I will be in touch!!

ricardmg

Renowned Member
26/12/10
Ricard -
I have a coupe of design ideas for a vintage piece that I am in the process of having built - I will be in touch!!

Thanks a lot!!! ;)
I got more creations that aren't on my web. I usually work with genuine exotic leathers as croco and ostrich.
We're in touch bro

Klockis

Renowned Member
5/5/10
I'm very honored to be onboard the Panerai consulting team!

Im not by any means an expert on genuine Panerai but I have picked up one or two things about their replica counterparts.
I have owned and taken apart lots of the Panerai's released in the past few years.
I dont claim to know everything about everything when it comes to Pams, but I know something and hope I can contribute with the knowledge I picked up the last couple of years.

Oh, Im a collector of fine leather straps as well, a big part of the Panerai attraction :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I think that this is a fantastic idea, as Panerai straps, their history, specifications and construction was so vital to the "field" functionality and overall esthetic of the watches themselves...

The current after-market strap craze for PAMs is a subject unto itself, as the ability to change straps offer tons of versatility and function-specific applications - for dress, casual, sport, watersports, etc. This is a huge component of PAM popularity.

Ale -
Could be interesting to have a few strapmakers here, perhaps in 3 specialized categories:
1- True Vintage & Historic
2 - Contemporary (PAV/Pre-V to current)
3- Creative - outside the box/innovative
Ricard -

Oh, Im a collector of fine leather straps as well, a big part of the Panerai attraction

As you can see this new idea suggested by Ricard of Didymostraps about make a Team section related to PAM STRAPS seems to be a good matter to bear in mind, because people are alwyas interested in Straps when is talking about PAms.
I will continue thinking of this new TEAM Strap section and waiting for new ideas about.
Thanks again Ricard and DFH for your proposals.
ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Dear friends

I have just received from hooligan of RWI Staff his kind acceptation to participate in the PCTeam
Sure he will be a big asset for the TEAM.

ALE

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Ale is doing great job and he has some amazing ideas like this one!

I am honored to be in the this with some of the pam gurus, i am prety sure the result will be epic...

Cant wait to be back from the vacations as things to get back to normal!

Sent from X=0,Y=0,Z=0

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
You Euros kill me! ;)

We work waaaay too much in North America.

Frig, I'm on vacation too, I'm european and I'm working hard: forum and business.
LOL

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I'm going to try replying all post here included but I will do it little by little. LOL

ALE

There is more info here at RWI than at any AD.
A new thread like this confirms it.
Bravo Ale.

Thanks mike
You are always polite and nice
ALRE

Keep up the good work ALE :)

Thanks Angus
Very interesting top have in the TEAM a dealer.
And: what a dealer !!
Your point of view will be very interesting
ALE

Lol I think ales signature contains more info than an authorized dealer lol
Thanks COLDI very nice of you
But inform about your PAM abilities (OMG!! just a summary please)
ALE

I'm glad I belong in this forum. Truly appreciate Ale's hardwork and dedication same goes with the rest of the team and admin! BIG Thank you!!
Thanks Xtian
I much appreciate your kind words
ALE

If anyone needs a hand with anything, Pams or anything else for that matter, I'll try my very best via PMs. ;)

I'm into almost all of the 47mm and up Pams vintage and current and am here to help Ale make this the best damn Panerai reference site it can be.

The irony that this is a replica site is not lost on me, it's quite comical IMO.
Thanks frig
OK.
Very complete info and kind offer
Glad to have you here
ALE

I am glad to be a part of Pam Consulting Team. My experience covers:

- computer sciences
- sanding, polishing and industrial abrasive applications; some reverse engineering skills in this field
- CNC aided processes
- general PAM knowledge

I would be happy to be of any help to our community.

Proud to have you here
Thanks for your complete reply (as always)
Regards
ALE

Great stuff Ale and i look forward to learning more and adding more to this site..
Hi just
Many thanks for your kind acceptation
I'm waiting for your PAM abilities
Nice to have you here
ALE

Glad to be part of your project ALE, hope to help as much as possible. Great to keep the PAM scene alive!
We are glad too having you in the TEAM.
Thanks gianton
ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Happy to be one of this team for sure !
Never get enough knowledge from here , so these experts can help us more .
And also , will do my very best helping members .
Nice work ALE , and thank you !

Hi Goin
It is a pleasure to have here in the TEAM a experienced Watchsmith
I'm very grateful for your kind acceptation and for your post
Your point oi view will be very interesting for all us
Regards
ALE

Surprised yet delighted to be asked to be part of the team, thanks Ale. I will help and contribute as much as I can.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Sharrkey
Very glad to have you in the TEAM
But we are waiting for your PAM abilities
Thank you
ALE

Happy to be one of this team
My profession is graphic designer
will do my very best helping members
Hello PANERA
Very happy to have in the TEAM
Adn what are your PAM abilities ?
Thanks
ALE

Thx Ale

great idea! Also thanks from me (and probably A LOT of the other members) for you guys dedicating so much time to such an endeavour!
Thanks tdr
Your words are very kind and you are nice
ALE

good team. good job. well done.
Thanks

Thanks Marrk
It is with pleaseure that we are receiving you in the TEAM like one of the best dealers in the replica world.
Sure your different point of view will be very interesting for all members
Thanks for your kind acceptation
ALE

Happy to be in the team.
I just hope I'll be up to your expectation....
Hi Boudart
You were helping from the starting of this project.
I remember the first Evaluation Thread
Thanks to your participation I was encouraged to finish the study of DSN replicas.
Thanks again
ALE

Honored and glad to be a part of this, Ale - thanks so much for your invitation to be a member of this team!

My areas of concentration are:
Panerai company history and evolution
Panerai military timepiece chronology
Historic & vintage models
Custom vintage builds & components

Looking forward to this endeavor, and hope to be of assistance to any/all that need it!

Cheers!
Hi D.
You always polite and helpful
Very good post
Thanks
ALE

Great to have the "PCT" here in RWI. Thank you for your time and work, guys.
Hi ed
You kind words are very appreciated
ALE

I was very humbled to be invited to join the team so will do my best to help in whatever way I can.
Many people consider my number one preference to be Breitling but my love for Panerai is equal number one! ;)
Well done ALE in getting this set up!

Hi Del
Thanks for your kind comments
Glad to have here in the TEAM
Your PAM abilities would be very appreciated.
Regards
ALE

It's an honour for me to be on the PAM consulting team and also will be a pleasure to help as much as possible in this project.

Let's do it!
Hi kaniel
Muchas gracias amigo por tu aceptacion para entrar en el equipo

Seguiremos en contacto
Ppor favor, cuando puedas nos indicas tus especialdades en PANERAI
Saludos
ALE

I am happy to be part of this team and think it's a great idea of ALE7575.
As for my Pam abilities, I think I have a good general knowledge of Panerai Reps and own 20 or more of them from the 47mm Marina Militare's , Subs and Luminor Marina.
I also have quite a good collection of Panerai straps.
If I can help other members on the forum I'll be happy to do it.
Hi midas
Glad having you in this TEAM
Thanks too indicating your PAM abilities
Regards
ALE

Great initiative and congrats to all the members.
I'm sure that will help us all ....

thanks Inushuk for your kind comments
ALE

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Wow, the team really is taking shape and I feel quite humbled to be part of it, as for Pam abilities mostly modern Pams and some historic models, all learnt from the forum.

Mambo

I'm Pretty Popular
24/8/09
Honoured to join this team and will try and do my best to help out this project , and If I can help other members I'll be happy to do so .....
Pam abilities will be mostly on modern 44 mm pams

Thanks Ale for setting this up ! :)

Amuthon

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/3/11
Hi my Pam addicted friends,
I'm glad to be part of this team as well. :)
Col thankfully changed my former nick (schittlinge), so some of you will recognize
me from other fora. :sub4me:
Would like to contribute as much as I can to this great idea.
Thanks to Ale7575 and DFH for inviting me.

cheers
Frank

Mr.RadioActive

23/8/07
Looking forward to working with all!
I have owned any gen PAMs, purchased from the USA BH Boutique, and AD.
My rep passion is for Soprod Pams (have all of them), but have been learning more about N/H rep versions lately. Have been buying all sorts of reps/gens for over 25+ years now. I tend to collect higher end reps, accurate reps, or harder to find ones. However its interesting unlike most of the rep community I'm not overly concerned with things like "super mega crazy lume", and if the tiniest of details is off. The more accurate the better, but theres a expectation there when I don't pay $7,000 and buy a $500 rep.
Currently my most valuable gen is a $12,500 Rolex RoseGold DJ. However I own a good variety of reps and gens.
I joined the forum about 5 years ago, yet haven't been overly active here. Now I look forward to more check ins, and helping out more.
Thank you for having me.

MReplica

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
31/3/09
Frig, I'm on vacation too, I'm european and I'm working hard: forum and business.
LOL

ALE

ALE's hard working on these threads impressed me a lot since the beginning. He is asset of RWI and deserves the respect from the whole forum.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
am deeply honored to be a part of this team&will do my best to help others. just as others from this community have taught me what i've learnt.

areas i'm familiar with are:-
- panerai related accessories.
- general panerai knowledge(modern/ new models)
thats it, i guess.

Many thanks Chromed for your kind acceptation
I’m sure you will be helping as always
Glad to have you here
ALE

Hello all. My name is AHX, 20yo, IT professional, Australian, car, gadget and watch buff! I was extremely surprised and gracious to be offered a spot on the team, given I do not contribute here anywhere near as often as I have in the past due to my lately very busy lifestyle. Obviously my small contributions were worth their weight for ALE to have selected me.
For a bit of backstory, I used to actually hate Panerai's, thought they were all too big, too plain and all the same as each other. However, gradually they wore me down and now I've sold all my old reps and rock a Noob PAM 005 with H Fac PAM 111 sapphire caseback and an Asso V2 strap. I have absolutely no idea why I like Panerai, they're quite big, quite plain, the crown guard is silly, many of them are quite similar, most of them don't have individual minute indices and the font reminds me of Comic Sans. All those things by themselves I don't like in a watch, however somehow the overall package is magnificent and makes up many of my favourite watches.
Though I only own one watch now, I follow all of Panerai's new models and some of the older ones (And their reps naturally) with great interest, and have quite a good eye and research into them behind me, so I am only happy to assist the team in general Panerai knowledge as best I can, when I am here.
Given my position on the team, I've decided to update my lapsed VIP membership, my avatar and my signature in line with my expertise and passion in the replica fora, PAM's!

Hi AHX
Many thanks for your complete introduction. An example to follow.
Sure you will be an asset to the Team
Very good decision to become VIP
ALE

Hi ALE,
I'm really thankfull for you having me on this train to fame :)
I'll help where i can.
I gathered some insights on

- parts, spares, builds, dialswaps, handswaps, some keyless works jobs on the 6497,...
In general i hope to help out on all those little daily issues and mods.
This is something big happening in the PAM world atm :)

Thank co-ax
You should be an honorary member. LOL
Goos introduction and thanks to be here.
ALE

Oh yeah, another thing I should have said. I remember when ALE started and he seemed quite keen, and helpful. But now, holy shit, he's managed to do more for the PAM section than anyone, with a pretty much never before seen level of detail in a fully comprehensive replica guide, rare to see kept up to date and accurate. This whole idea is completely novel and new, and is a testament to the quality of the replica scene and RWI in particular. I'm very impressed with this! :D

But the merit will be of all members of the TEAM don’t forget it !!
ALE

LOL!

Great resources here guys. It's great that the Paneristi have someone to PM other than ALE now.. the more time he spends PMing individual members about the specifics of a certain watch or model the more it takes away from what ALE can do for the forum as a whole. Look at all the threads ALE has created so far. The only reason this was done was because he had the time to do it. The more "free" we can keep ALE's time the more benefit the whole forum will have. BIG PICTURE.

My friend JC
That’s clear. You want to exploit me. Aren’t you??
LOL
ALE

Yeah JC7 is completely right. My initial reaction to the setup of a team, as it's never been done before, was kind of "...what? Why?"
But I thought about it for a few seconds and it makes sense. The rep PAM scene is huge and quite confusing to newcomers and older members alike, especially given most people new to them don't even understand why they're actually as popular as they are. So here is ALE setting up a structure and the best guide/s for reps or any watches for that matter I've ever seen, it's only sensible he set up a team to help spread the work and contribute more effectively to this.
This is definitely a never before seen thing in the rep scene and probably most/all gen watch scenes as well. This just doesn't ordinarily happen, this level of planning and organisation. So I think it's absolutely awesome and am very glad to be a part of it, and help build it because PAM reps are nothing short of amazing, as is the crazy Paneristi scene as well.

“So here is ALE setting up a structure and the best guide/s for reps or any watches for that matter I've ever seen, it's only sensible he set up a team to help spread the work and contribute more effectively to this.â€

You have hit the nail in the head !!
ALE

I
Well said, Brother! Delegation of duties is so important to keep a principal team member free enough to keep moving things forward and to dedicate himself to the issues that made him so important to the forum in the first place... I am looking forward to the other team members detailing their areas of concentration & expertise; as this will help self -direct the flow of PMs and relevant questions to the right members - and take a lot of the potential load off of Ale so he can continue to amaze us with his amazing reference work that will become the "archives" of this endeavor...

Really it is not only a problem of time it is a problem of knowledge. I cannot know all about Panerai and need the help of all people here and the TEAM to can complete and update the GUIDE !!

ALE

I am a modder here in the forum , I can offer follows :
1. Full relume works , gen like , vintage , even custom made .
2. Movement service , repair , or mods ,
3. WR mods and testing ,
4. Straps make ,
Due to my poor English , I don't know how to explain more , but feel free if anyone need my help , will do my best !

Dear Goin
It is a pleasure to have a professional like you in the Team !!
Surely your different point of view and your knowledge will be very interesting for the Team and for the forum in general.
ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Im not by any means an expert on genuine Panerai but I have picked up one or two things about their replica counterparts.
I have owned and taken apart lots of the Panerai's released in the past few years.
I dont claim to know everything about everything when it comes to Pams, but I know something and hope I can contribute with the knowledge I picked up the last couple of years.
Oh, Im a collector of fine leather straps as well, a big part of the Panerai attraction :)

Hi Klockis
Sure you will contribute here with your knowledge
Glad to have you in the team
ALE

I am honored to be in the this with some of the pam gurus, i am prety sure the result will be epic...
Sent from X=0,Y=0,Z=0

Hi Pap
Very glad to have you in the PCTeam
You will be useful here as always
When you be back from vacation please post about your PAM abilities.
ALE

Hi Klockis
Sure you will contribute here with your knowledge
Glad to have you in the team
ALE

Sent from X=0,Y=0,Z=0

Hi Pap
Very glad to have you in the PCTeam
You will be useful here as always
When you be back from vacation please post about your PAM abilities.
ALE

Wow, the team really is taking shape and I feel quite humbled to be part of it, as for Pam abilities mostly modern Pams and some historic models, all learnt from the forum.

Hi sharrkey
I think you are humble about your PAM abilities
ALE

Honoured to join this team and will try and do my best to help out this project , and If I can help other members I'll be happy to do so .....
Pam abilities will be mostly on modern 44 mm pams
Thanks Ale for setting this up ! :)
You are welcome Mambo
Sure you will be helpful to the PCTeam
Thanks to be here
ALE

Hi my Pam addicted friends,
I'm glad to be part of this team as well. :)
Col thankfully changed my former nick (schittlinge), so some of you will recognize
me from other fora. :sub4me:
Would like to contribute as much as I can to this great idea.
Thanks to Ale7575 and DFH for inviting me.

cheers
Frank
Hi Frank
Yes, better like Amuthon LOL
Welcome to the PCTeam
please inform us about your PAM knowledge asap

ALE

Looking forward to working with all!
I have owned any gen PAMs, purchased from the USA BH Boutique, and AD.
My rep passion is for Soprod Pams (have all of them), but have been learning more about N/H rep versions lately. Have been buying all sorts of reps/gens for over 25+ years now. I tend to collect higher end reps, accurate reps, or harder to find ones. However its interesting unlike most of the rep community I'm not overly concerned with things like "super mega crazy lume", and if the tiniest of details is off. The more accurate the better, but theres a expectation there when I don't pay $7,000 and buy a $500 rep.
Currently my most valuable gen is a $12,500 Rolex RoseGold DJ. However I own a good variety of reps and gens.
I joined the forum about 5 years ago, yet haven't been overly active here. Now I look forward to more check ins, and helping out more.
Thank you for having me.

Thanks MRA
For your acceptation and detailed post
Waiting for your help to all members
Regards
ALE

ALE's hard working on these threads impressed me a lot since the beginning. He is asset of RWI and deserves the respect from the whole forum.

I'm very glad to have in the PCTeam one of our best and nice Trusted Dealers.
Sure your different point of view and knowledge will be helpful for all RWI members.
Thanks for your acceptation
Regards
ALE

Pam.Fanatic

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/8/12
super thread! so what do members do? we post questions here and expect answers from the consulting members?