• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why they are not so popular?

dovla

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/12
DE /AU
Hi guys,

As above, they don't seem to be popular around here? Any specific reason or its just the taste :)

The forums seems to be filled with Pams and Rolexes!

I'm really enjoying my Ultimate Proprof!

7573758638_3cb787b5a6_b.jpg

6839469554_4275d81ae0_b.jpg

6839469234_174db4aac4_b.jpg

Cheers,
Vlad

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
Im wearing mine right now :)

To be fair, the ploppy was the talk of rep town half a year before the release.
These days, there are so many new pam super reps out, naturally the they get a lot of stage time.
I love your ploppy pics. Enjoy it :)

Hazardmanlog

29/6/12
I'd love to get my hands on one. But I cant find one in my price range. So if you ever want to sell yours let me know. lol

dovla

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/12
DE /AU
Im wearing mine right now :)

To be fair, the ploppy was the talk of rep town half a year before the release.
These days, there are so many new pam super reps out, naturally the they get a lot of stage time.
I love your ploppy pics. Enjoy it :)

This is the only watch i wear 24/7! Being not a expert in this, would need to dig some older threads and see how it compares to gen. The Plo has so much presence that it gets a lot of attention! Young or old everyone seems to love it.

I'd love to get my hands on one. But I cant find one in my price range. So if you ever want to sell yours let me know. lol

Thought about it, but to be honest there is nothing out there i would like to get... Just today got a PO delivered and meh not my cuppa tea.

Have PAM GMT coming soon but not sure how will be my reaction to it.

ksaander

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
29/4/10
EU
I believe they are beloved, just many newer pams and rollies ar on the trend now :) how long you can talk about one and the same model :)
And it seems plop V2 is out of stock :)

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I was outside the AD last week, looking at the gen in the window, and I swear, I think the v2 plops is one of the most accurate reps.
I'll admit that there are subtle differences like how the lume is applied on the bezel, and so on, but the brushing on this case is superb quality, SUPERB! Realky makes the rep silky shiny like few reps

dovla

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/12
DE /AU
I was outside the AD last week, looking at the gen in the window, and I swear, I think the v2 plops is one of the most accurate reps.
I'll admit that there are subtle differences like how the lume is applied on the bezel, and so on, but the brushing on this case is superb quality, SUPERB! Realky makes the rep silky shiny like few reps

In my limited experience in this hobby I would say so too! Bazel numbering being greyish because of the lume is the only thing that bugs my eyes but that will change soon, will be getting it re-lumed. Apart from that I was looking one in the windows in AD in Zurich, and from that distance its really hard to spot the difference.

Great Pics!

One of my favorite watches too

6d9fff78.jpg

d2a9c4db.jpg

Plop on leather strap is rather interesting! Very nice.

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
The V2 and my DSSD are my daily beaters. I think the Ploprof gets the most comments of all my watches followed by my 187.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
The doctor at the hospital tonight was wearing a PO. The sweep was super smooth, and it reminds me how easy the jitter on many reps is to notice.

Why I was at the hospital is a long story

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
The plop isn't popular due to it's size. Many people simply cannot wear it. My love for 47mm Pam subs has made me realize the same thing.

plymman

Renowned Member
13/10/10
It's not so popular because it's just too big. I'd love one but on my 6.75" wrist a 44mm pam is the biggest I can wear. I love the ploprof and tried one but it looked absolutely ridiculous. My wife was speechless when I said I actually wanted one!

dovla

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/12
DE /AU
Not sure if I would personally put it to size, as they are quiet a few watches that are as big but still around.

But, at least it's good it's down to the size rather then flaws :)