• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HBB All Black Problems

gw4k

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/8/10
Anyone know where can I find HBB parts? I am looking for these Screws:

They have that double slotted look like the bezel screws.

L1040034800x600.jpg

How do I get these out? tweezers?
L1040036800x600.jpg

And it is supposed to be ALL black...how can I get that painted?
L1040044800x600.jpg

I would gladly send it off to trusted Repairers here if you can do it.

Personicus

24/4/10
You want the date wheel to be all black?

I suppose if you really wanted to all you'd have to do would be to pop the case, remove the movement and dial. Remove the date wheel (it's glued) and paint it to your liking.

To remove the screw, you may be able to use a small punch like a screw driver and by friction turn the screw out. Or, try to put a very small tack of glue on the other half of the screw glue them back together and then remove the screw as a unit once more. Be careful not to glue the whole thing into the case, that'll just compound your problems.

When I looked at the photos again, there's a bit peeking out... you could try some very fine needlenose pliers. If you tape the ends you can avoid most scratches.

On the replacement screws try pm'ing some of the prominent Hublot modders or better yet ask the trusted dealer who sell Hublots if they can source you a set.

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
howdy.

well, yes, you can get new screws, in fact the screws you have are junk,
as you know, they're steel or something. you can get some real titanium ones,
like the gen has from Mikey. He's selling sets, I'm sure you'd probably want a set.

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=114178&highlight=titanium+screws
^here is the current thread at RepGeek by Mikey about it.

oh, do you have the right screwdriver? there is a specific screwdriver made for
Hublot screws, seeing how they're H shaped and all. Watchbitz makes it and
sells it.

http://watchbitz.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=238
^link to the tool on Offshore's site, Watchbitz.

getting the broken screw out: man, I don't know. I'd suggest one of the tools like
gator grip or whatever it's called, but that's such a small hole and screw that it
probably wouldn't work. it'll be tough to get it out, I wish you well in trying.

as for the date wheel: you have an All Black Version I. Not meaning that the V1
rep factory made it, which they did. You have a replica of Hublot's first version of
the All Black. and on that version the date wheel has white letters. If you're looking
at the Hublot site, you're looking at the All Black II. Just look at the name they
have posted there to confirm this. the All Black II does indeed have a dark grey and
black date wheel. If you want yours to look like the All Black II, I STRONGLY suggest
that you do NOT try to paint the date wheel yourself. I would suggest you get a
date wheel overlay, from a place like 2 geek.

http://www.2geek.net/eMart/index.php?c=23&p=71
^link to what I'm talking about.

but honestly your watch doesn't really look much like the All Black II, so I'd keep it as is.
the biggest and most obvious tell is the lack of the bracelet.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
At a first glance, this is not a V1 HBB, so Mikey2008's screws won't fit. He may produce some for the V2 later on.

gw4k

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/8/10
Thanks MMs. Will definitely buy the H-Screwdriver and PMd Mikey @ repgeek

Here is a better shot to determine if its V1 or V2:
L1040046800x600.jpg

How do you distinguish the two?

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
In your case it's easy : no lume (v1 has black lume) and the screws : the notches are not perfectly centered, making the screws not compatible with the original Hublot screwdriver. I use a strap remover to unscrew these.
21CgmZ8JnLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also the price you paid (less than 400 ?) and the movement are good indicators to recognize a V1/V2.

I have no expereince in what is called V5, but I understood only limited models (with black screws) are V5.

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
if you show us a picture of the back of the watch, we could tell for 100% sure
if it was a V1 or a V2. I'm not so good at telling by looking at the dials, I've
just learned to use the movements as distinguishers.

and true, the V1 screws don't work with the V2, so beware of that.

gw4k

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/8/10
I am away on business and will post pics of the back. However, I am 99% sure its V1 since I bought it right when they came out.

I did purchase Pix v1 screws already. If they do not fit, I have other HBBs that might need them later.

gw4k

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/8/10
Well, Mikey says I have a V2... and he is out of them right now.

EPIC FACEPALM. lol