• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Super Avenger

ninja

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/12/10
Hey guys, this is another one of those super avenger "will it fit my wrist thread", I've been searching all night and haven't found any pics of an SA on a 6.5" wrist. I really want to get one and my Skyland Avenger just isn't cutting it anymore. I've attached some pics of the skyland on my arm and I would really appreciate your opinions on whether or not an SA would pass on me or if it would be ridiculous, personally I think the skyland doesn't look too big on me (and I'm used to wearing rolex subs).

Thanks in advance!

qvoIQ.jpg

q3t0j.jpg

sonicd0012

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/11
its fine, r u kidding me? a 7" wrist can rock a 44-46mm no problem. your wrist size is perfect for that watch.

ninja

Banned
20/12/10
Anyone with small wrists and SA's here with any input>

doni01

26/12/08
its fine, r u kidding me? a 7" wrist can rock a 44-46mm no problem. your wrist size is perfect for that watch.

I do agree !! The Skyland looks really good on you. I have 8" wrists and wear the SA but if my wrists were anything smaller, I wouldnt be wearing a SA. But then again it comes down to what you like :)

etto09

Renowned Member
13/11/06
Yes, the Skyland looks good...but there is enough room for a SA!!!
Get it on Ocean Racer rubber instead of bracelet ;)
But get it :D

Sent from an ?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It's not the watch that maketh the man, tis the man that maketh the watch. Go rock it like you own it.

ninja

Banned
20/12/10
thats what I wanted to hear, thanks guys, now post some small wrist SA pics!!!!!!

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
What Bonesey said

:D

.... looks great to me - apart from the crappy pics

;)

Seriously though .... my personal opinion is that the Skyland looks good - it might benefit from a slightly shorter strap to keep it further up your wrist but that's just my preference and it seems ALMOST no one else's.... but then I like 1920 and 30's Longines watches too so you know ....

:)

ninja

Banned
20/12/10
Thanks seriph but I put that pic for reference as to how a SA would look on me and if I can pull it off :D

Niko

Renowned Member
25/7/06
Firstly the SA is a must have for any Breitling collector, no matter what size your wrist is.

I have 7.5" wrists, and my SA wears as the heaviest watch that I have, but does not noticeably wear larger than other 46mm plus watches (Fiddy, BP and BBK).

From how your Skyland looks in the pics, I am sure you will be ok.

N.

Phil_UK

4/6/11
I think despite wrist, the fact that you have larger hands, forearms & 'guns' means you can get away with it.

At least that's what I tell myself, though I daren't go bigger than a Chronomat....for now :)

ninja

Banned
20/12/10
Well I'm convinced, going to put the skyland up for sale and get an SA, now the age old question, numbers or batons :(. I'm stuck between a blue or black face one with either batons or the regular numbers not the stenciled ones. I like the batons but then I like the white subdials offered on the numbered dial.

Damn these choices :p

Thanks for the opinions guys, greatly appreciated

corv99

2/7/11
I have similar size wrists, and have a skyland, a Super Avenger, and a Super Avenger blacksteel... you will be fine, they rock!

the SA's are chunky watches, diameter isn't massively difference but the width is, thats why they are something to behold!!

for me Numbers are the way forward.... but personal preference really

ninja

Banned
20/12/10
could you post up some wrist shots with the SA for me!

corv99

2/7/11
could you post up some wrist shots with the SA for me!

Hi mate, away with work at the moment, and can't get into my photobucket account..... will post some up in a few days...... my BlackSteel is on a black croc strap which is a bit different as well.. copy from an earlier posted image below

20120409_011015.jpg

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
Thanks for the thread ninja I am in the exact same boat!! I think I posted once earlier. I did not enjoy the skyland as the dial was too small the watch itself was good size. I tried the Gen at local AD once .. why dont u just go for a walk to a couple of ADs in your area and try it out.. I have 6.5" wrist and surprisingly it seemed fine!! I have had different opinions as well from different members...

I reckon Numbers - Black dial-white sundials... that's what I am gonna get if I do!

I mean tried Gen Super Avenger at local AD

Bigjule111

Renowned Member
1/3/11
Nj
Dude. The skyland looks good on u. The SA is huge!!! I picked one up and had to sell it! Picked up a gen dial and gen bezel too. Not realizing how big it was. I have a lil under 7 inch wrist. And im not a small guy Looked completely silly on me I wish i could of rocked it especially considering i picked up gen parts for it!!! But had no choice :( i picked up the skyland which i like very much Just not moddler friendly like the SA Take a look bro.
47fb8613-2f4f-e131.jpg
47fb8613-2f80-0d95.jpg
47fb8613-3022-39c1.jpg
47fb8613-3033-7ea1.jpg

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10
I have a 7.5 inch wrist, and think its probably the minimum for the SA, there are days it feels too big. Miss my skyland, just had better balance.