• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Closest to gen with few modds?:)

Glock17

Renowned Member
26/3/12
nice :) 300 for a watch is not that much but atm i got like 200

how good is the gmt iic really? do someone here got a side by side picture?:) i saw one in trade section and it looks cind of good to me :p

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Not sure of the necessary/desired mods on the 36mm Exp. but those newer 39mm versions are starting to "grow" on me.
Is there any particular version of the 39mm Exp. you would point someone
that's looking to get one in....that doesn't really need any mods at all ??

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PNCOMhKXRg"]ROLEX 39MM EXPLORER I NEW VERSION - YouTube[/ame]

This one mate..It is the best..But he is not a TD although many guys have received from him...

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
This one mate..It is the best...

It does look nice and has the correct combo with no hallmarks on case and line on crown.

The rehaut engraving seems alligned and the crown on the crystal is nicely discreet.

The sweep is not too bad.

I might consider an AR treatment but other than that I like it a lot!

How much is it?

giobo

6/5/10
It is around 300$ i think...Better though shoot him a pm i am not 100% sure...
Always remember that he is a seller for years but not trusted in here...

But it is the best edition for sale right now ...

Ferris

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/3/12
Probably a relume, AR coating for the cyclops. Should be as close to gen as you can get without spending crazy money ;)

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
I'm surprised that no ones called this is so i'm going to:

Whether your wearing a rep or gen, I dont think it matters. Any older guy who sees a 21 year old with a Rolex will assume its fake :)

I'm relatively young myself and people never believe it when I tell them (and show them) my 3 gen Omegas and a gen Rolex...just saying, I've got the problem myself!

........unless you look old-er? lol

datejust feels cind a bit old for me, im only 21 but i like the explorer with white dial and the gmt ii

the only "issue" with the gmt ii that i know is that the cyclop is ared on gen and the reps not and thats a cind of big tell i think

so a brand gmt ii is only 200$? thats cind of cheap :)

giobo

6/5/10
I'm surprised that no ones called this is so i'm going to:

Whether your wearing a rep or gen, I dont think it matters. Any older guy who sees a 21 year old with a Rolex will assume its fake :)

I'm relatively young myself and people never believe it when I tell them (and show them) my 3 gen Omegas and a gen Rolex...just saying, I've got the problem myself!

........unless you look old-er? lol

This is a big talk !!!!!

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Well....I'm an older guy and my Frankens are "very used"....so I'm happt to say I can pull off wearing a watch in the 4-6k range. :)

THANKS for the info on the Exp.I "Gio".
I've emailed Jimmy in the past and I feel he's legit.
Many irons in the fire at the moment but when it's all down to ashes I'm thinking I'm gonna have to give that Exp.I a try, though I may need to put a brushed or satin finish on that polished bezel. Or knock it around on the job for awhile to tone it down.
I simply don't do the shiny "bling bling thing". :)

giobo

6/5/10
Hey! Note the HAPPY FACES, just saying :D

Didn't really got this....

THANKS for the info on the Exp.I "Gio".
I've emailed Jimmy in the past and I feel he's legit.
Many irons in the fire at the moment but when it's all down to ashes I'm thinking I'm gonna have to give that Exp.I a try, though I may need to put a brushed or satin finish on that polished bezel. Or knock it around on the job for awhile to tone it down.
I simply don't do the shiny "bling bling thing". :)

Giobo has good Rolex eye lol ......

The explorer is really awesome watch and quite impressive !!!
The only problem is the luck of date...

giobo

6/5/10
Guys i talk about small details...I am so Rolex geek, you all know it...
Jimmy's one has better crystal height, alligned rehaut engraving , better shaped SELs..

If these don't bother you guys you can choose the one fits you best..
It is a matter of character..
Correctime for example would never buy Rolex with misalligned rehaut engravng..

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
Guys i talk about small details...I am so Rolex geek, you all know it...
Jimmy's one has better crystal height, alligned rehaut engraving , better shaped SELs..

If these don't bother you guys you can choose the one fits you best..
It is a matter of character..
Correctime for example would never buy Rolex with misalligned rehaut engravng..

That is what makes it interesting here.

Would be good with a comparative review of the versions out there.

I still cannot tell the difference between the Youtube and the Narikaa versions and they all seem to share the wrong hands and crown.

khanage

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/11
I agree. The only review on here re Jimmy's Explorer was posted by Eduardor
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...urchase-91663?t=91663&highlight=explorer+39mm

It was pointed out there that not only did his have the wrong lume (green..v2?) it also had the wrong hands/crown and glossy dial, i.e the same flaws as all the other TD's!
Okay the rehaut was good, but I have seen a 21j example in the sale sections with a perfect rehaut, so it could just be luck of the draw. As regards the crystal height, it's difficult to see any significant difference but I'm comparing video with not very good pictures, so it's tough to call.

Does Jimmy get his watch from a different source to ALL the other TD's?
I find that difficult to believe as it has the same faults as all the others.
Has he slightly modded it to account for the difference in price? Er, not really.

The bottom line is this....do you pay $300 for this watch, or do you pay $158 for a Asian 2836 version from,for example, Trevor, WITH THE SAME FAULTS, and put the difference ($142 !!) towards modding it? Or even another watch?!

Until we get a side by side comparison we'll never know definitively which is the better version, but bearing in mind what we DO know, for me it has to be the Trevor option.

Just my 2 cents/ 1 1/3 pence....

giobo

6/5/10
You cannot mod the rehaut engraving...It is alligned in all the watches watchcollecet sells..
The choice is clearly as i said a matter of character...