• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Piece of Junk or desirable beauty?

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
This is the story. I saw this watch on one of the trusted dealer websites, liked it but I was a real noob (or boob) at the time and had no idea if it was any good at all. So I asked some other RWI members in an effort to learn. I remember one of them said it was a "piece of junk" and I shouldn't "waste my money on it." After much delay I bought it anyway because I just liked it so much. It was striking and "kept calling my name" the more I looked at it. I have worn it many times and received many complements, especially from Rolex owners who recognize it as a "special edition." No one has ever had a negative word to say about it (maybe some thought it was "junk" but didn't say so to me - I have no way of knowing people's thoughts). But I offer up this pictorial for you to judge for yourself. So post a vote: Junk or beauty? Would you wear it or not? Are you in the "perfect counterfeit" camp or the "art and beauty" camp or do you have one foot in each camp. It will be interesting to see what RWI members think.

DSC_0413.JPG

DSC_0408.JPG

DSC_0409.JPG

DSC_0401.JPG

DSC_0417.JPG

DSC_0396.JPG

DSC_0419.JPG

DSC_0426.JPG

Movement is Asian clone ETA. I don't remember the cost. People you meet at work or socially won't know the cost anyway. They just see the watch. So you now have seen the pictures. How do you vote? Junk or beauty?

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
Sindas67

I think I bought it from Timeshops website but cannot testify for sure on that since I have bought a lot of watches from a lot of people.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

The Full Gold with green Dial is one of my favorite GMTs...

One day I´ll get one of these for me too. I guess yours have the clasp engraving almost invisible, or is it the new model? With real engraving?
Nice choice, and awesome pics!

Cheers,
Spirit.

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Sure wouldn't call it junk. Nice watch, nice photos!

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
fantastic pics mate ......... I would put this in my GMT collection :sam:

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
Spirit

Just checked the clasp. You are correct. Almost invisible engraving. Actually, sort of etched on the surface and not real engraving.

I am glad you like the green dial full gold GMT. So I will amend my offer. Here is the new deal: Order all parts from China for two full gold green dial GMTs. Don't buy locally now! Document all time and postage spent. As you believe you will be building one for me for less than $60 and I will be paying you $120 for it you will be getting your full gold green dial GMT for free! That's a pretty good deal, isn't it? But remember you must play fair with me. Everything directly from China. We in the us cannot go to your local market in Brazil, so neither can you. Ok?

Don

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
Just checked the clasp. You are correct. Almost invisible engraving. Actually, sort of etched on the surface and not real engraving.

I am glad you like the green dial full gold GMT. So I will amend my offer. Here is the new deal: Order all parts from China for two full gold green dial GMTs. Don't buy locally now! Document all time and postage spent. As you believe you will be building one for me for less than $60 and I will be paying you $120 for it you will be getting your full gold green dial GMT for free! That's a pretty good deal, isn't it? But remember you must play fair with me. Everything directly from China. We in the us cannot go to your local market in Brazil, so neither can you. Ok?

Don

ROFL! a21j can be dirty cheap depending on the parts. CloneETAs aren´t found on the market here.
I replied to your post on the other thread and extended the offer to Fakey, I want to see how much does it cost to him to bring it all from wholesale.

BTW, I bought my CloneETA Submariner from Hont here @ RWI.

Don´t you think that Fakey buys one at one cases for each watch, do you?
...Tell me, does a Ferrari quits being a Ferrari just because it wasn´t bought in Italy? :lol:

Cheers,
Spirit.

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
Spirit

Leave Fakey out of it. His cost structure isn't the issue here. He shouldn't respond. Your cost structure to get all parts directly from China (not buy any single one them locally) and build the watch and mail it to me for less than $6o is the sole issue we have been debating. Either you can do it and prove so or you cannot. I would like to see you try, that is all. No hard feelings either way. It doesn't matter if clone ETA's are not available locally. You have to order all parts directly from China, remember? Nothing can be bought in Brazil. That is my offer. That is my math. What do you think would be a fair price for a clone ETA full gold green dial GMT that you personally custom assembled with each and every part mailed to you from China? If not $60, set a price and I will consider that. Fair enough? Maybe $200? But you have to prove you got every single part directly from China and assembled the entire watch from scratch and did not buy a complete watch or any part locally. I am not starting any arguments. I hope you can do it.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

You aren´t getting the whole point of this, Donald.
...We are discussing the cost of the parts, the parts are here, ready to get, they come from china, straight to brazil. Go ready my other post, you´re making no sense here.

How can I leave fakey out of this if his watch and the parts we are discussing are the main subject on the talk?
I sure want proof that fakey order piece by piece from China, and don´t get it all wholesale from scam dealers. If you can bring the papers, then we´re ok to go.

If you can prove that the parts used on his watches, are any different than the parts on the watches that are sold here in brazil, then you have a point, other than that, you´re just dodging with this "offer" of yours.

You can get the same parts 2 ways. You can get the watch ready on the market, or you can hunt for cheap canal street parts on the China market. The parts are the same, just bought from different places.
Why do you think dealers here can offer special deals for US$29? Is it impossible to give to that watch a "fakey treatment" just because it´s ready? No. It´s not.
You can service it, drop a 15usd brand new a21j of your choice on it, lube and service the movement, and you will have a workhorse as well, mate.

Please don´t be so short-minded/sighted... What I´m trying to show you is that the SAME parts that you have on your watch that you so "wouldn´t sell for less than 300" are the same parts that are sold here for US$60. Then I asked, does an a21j service costs US$240? That was my question to you.

Cheers,
Spirit.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I'm lost. Maybe I just need to go to bed.

By the way - I think the Anniv. GMT is beautiful. If they could just get the rehaut alignment right...

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Fantastic photos. Gold, green, black... you couldn't ask for a sexier color combination. Absolutely gorgeous.

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
It's nice but I wouldnt rock it. Not my thing.

GMTs just look a little funny to me. Love the idea of having two time zones but they just look a little funny to me. Just one of them things.

starocean

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/8/09
@OT
Absolutely not a piece of junk... Or a desirable beauty either. A nice watch though. Just not my taste.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Nice watch but too many tells for me.

You actualy found a gen owner who knows about limited edition Rollies? Well done! Most of them don't know squat, just that they have a nice watch that they like.

Dude, if you like it, that's all that counts. I would love a better version of this, anyone know of one? As for price, I'd say that set you back about $100 or so.

I'll say it again, man your photography is stunning! You could easily make your living photographing watches for ADs, seriously.

Col.

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
@Donaldejose, If you right click on your pic and select "open with" and then select Microsoft Office Picture Mgr. then you can resize your photo to 768 X 512. Then it will look like this and not run off the screen.

100_2301.jpg

Just a suggestion...makes your post easier to read.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
LMAO at Don and Spirit. Good ole debate. :) :bbq: I think RelayMan has a gold Rolly similar to this one. It's gold. :)