• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why gasoline in the US costs what it does....

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
North America will be totally energy independent in the next 5 to 10 years. Count on it. Then, the Arabs can stick their oil derricks up their A**. We're are already a net exporter due to the abundance of natural gas.
That's quite optimistic! :rofl:

joe_chill

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/12
Well that was on purpose, wasn't it? I mean here everything is now exposed, how with fake statistics with joined the euro after our prime minister agreed with the lehman brothers on that. This crisis is so fake as my pam111. A well planed, fake crysis, and most of you can understand the purpose of it and how all the other countries knew about it and none mention anything or did anything to prevent it...

Should i mention that out of nowhere and suddenly Greece has oil now! The Aegean is full of it!!! When for years all the people talking about it were crazy. How convenient that it was discovered now that we need money and we will sell it at a very low price...

Well you think is funny? I can tell you most Greeks hate Germany, not German people and i make this clear, cause this has nothing to do with the people of a country, this is all about government plans... What Germany didn't succeed with WW2 has now managed it without a single bullet, except the people shooting themselves cause they don't have money to pay their rent and they don't want to leave in the streets. Is it still funny to you???

Absolutely correct! One of the major targets. Have great workers at a very low cost. Who wouldn't want that?

Lets be realistic, there is no crisis, "they" made the crisis and Greece is going down, i can tell you that, there is no future here. Corrupted politicians and many years of wastage is the result of the current situation. And the sad thing is that people don't revolt cause many of them are part of the system and used it for doing their dirty jobs... I can be talking for hours of what the problems were and how we reached here but that has no meaning...
Solutions is what we need now, and i don't think there is anyone to offer them...

Sorry if I offended you but some 60 year old evil plan dating back to WWII??? Thats ridiculous... Seems to be that you are blaming everyone but yourself. Greece lied their way in the the european union, stating that the economy of the country was good, when it in fact was f***ed. As you sow, so shall you reap.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
That's quite optimistic! :rofl:

Not at all. Google "Bakken formation" for a start. here's one quote:

In 2011, a senior manager at Continental Resources Inc. (CRI) declared that the "Bakken play in the Williston basin could become the world’s largest discovery in the last 30-40 years", as ultimate recovery from the overall play is now estimated at 24 billion bbls.[17] (Note : the recent discoveries off the coast of Brazil should be greater, with proven reserves of 30 billion,[18] and a potential for 50 to 80.[19]) This considerable increase has been made possible by the combined use of horizontal drilling, fracking, and a large number of wells drilled. While these technologies have been consistently in use since the 1980s, Bakken is the place where they are being most heavily used : 150 active rigs in the play and a rate of 1,800 added wells per year. CRI developed a technology allowing its rigs to move a few hundred yards on hydraulic "feet", increasing the rate of well completion.
There's also a considerable amount of new deep water offshore wells, and new technolgy that are making huge amounts of subsea oil available. They've already found proven reserves in the Gulf of Mexico that are larger than the Bakken shale.

And we've currently got a 400 year (and climbing) supply of natural gas with current price at an all time low. Many company fleet vehicles and busses are currently in the midst of changing over to LNG power.

Throw in a bunch of the new green technologies such as solar and wind that are being pushed hard by the current administration and you might see it starting to make more sense.

Sorry if I offended you but some 60 year old evil plan dating back to WWII??? Thats ridiculous...

Heard the same thing on the news a week or two ago about why all the friction between Greece and Germany.

Made sense at the time I saw it but I couldn't recall the details now.

joe_chill

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/12
j_c, at least elaborate on why you say this. Keep the discussion flowing.

If Greece does down the toilet, as will the rest of the E.U. Especially the nations that has adapted the euro. Its up the the most powerful nations of the E.U. (Germany and France) to keep that from happening. Not an evil plan of european domination.

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
all you americans drive around in +2 ton V8:s

Do you see a V8 under there? :)

IMG_7543.jpg

joe_chill

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/12
Not at all. Google "Bakken formation" for a start. here's one quote:

There's also a considerable amount of new deep water offshore wells, and new technolgy that are making huge amounts of subsea oil available. They've already found proven reserves in the Gulf of Mexico that are larger than the Bakken shale.

And we've currently got a 400 year (and climbing) supply of natural gas with current price at an all time low. Many company fleet vehicles and busses are currently in the midst of changing over to LNG power.

Throw in a bunch of the new green technologies such as solar and wind that are being pushed hard by the current administration and you might see it starting to make more sense.

Heard the same thing on the news a week or two ago about why all the friction between Greece and Germany.

Made sense at the time I saw it but I couldn't recall the details now.

Greece where occupied by Germany during WWII. Of cource the greeks don't like it when the Germans tells the greek government and the greek people what to do. Thats why theres friction.

Do you see a V8 under there? :)

IMG_7543.jpg

Nope, thats a sweet boxer ;) Just kidding around.

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
If Greece does down the toilet, as will the rest of the E.U. Especially the nations that has adapted the euro. Its up the the most powerful nations of the E.U. (Germany and France) to keep that from happening. Not an evil plan of european domination.

I think that is a bit alarmist. Honestly, how can the EU fail if one small country goes "under".

No country/institution/etc. is "too big" to fail. Ultimately "we" all improvise, adapt, and overcome adverse situations.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09

Sorry mate but the keyword here is "could".

If you would have told me 20 years I'd say "maybe", but 5 to 10 years? Come on mate, this is tomorrow.

There are numerous reasons why all of these could lead nowhere. For what we know fracking may end up being forbidden, as well as deep offshore drillings, since they have some environnemental downsides.

The problem is not natural ressources, it has never been, it's how much energy you need to collect them and make them usable. That's why we still have a long way to go before we can get rid of oil.

I said "maybe" for 20 years, but a realistic number would probably be closer to 30 or 40 years.

But hey, I guess we'll figure it out soon enough. :)

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Sorry if I offended you but some 60 year old evil plan dating back to WWII??? Thats ridiculous... Seems to be that you are blaming everyone but yourself. Greece lied their way in the the european union, stating that the economy of the country was good, when it in fact was f***ed. As you sow, so shall you reap.

The plan is not 60 years old. I am talking about after we entered the euro zone, so basic its 10 years old at maximum. And if you think that banks rule the world, this was an easy one. Fill a whole corrupted nation with loan which can't pay. And if you can control the economy of a country you can control all the country. Think, who will earn by this? Who will come here and buy the state property at ridiculous prices, who will buy the companies at 10% of their value?
And of course we are responsible for what happened. After the war finished and the military gave their power to politicians everyone wanted to leave peacefully. And the politicians knew it. So all the money that EU gave us for development politicians gave it for wages increases and everyone was happy. None cared how a country that produced nothing had wealthy civilians... So we all lived a fake prosperity. So simple...

I dont think that if Greece will go down something huge will happen to EU. I dont know much about economics but we are 10 million people, with no major economy. Something else is behind this and i cant be sure...

Greece where occupied by Germany during WWII. Of cource the greeks don't like it when the Germans tells the greek government and the greek people what to do. Thats why theres friction.

Nope, thats a sweet boxer ;) Just kidding around.

Not only Greeks. None wants another to tell him what to do. The purpose of EU was that after the WW2 ended to ensure nothing like this will happen again and all the countries be united. I think the current situation show how all this has failed...

I think that is a bit alarmist. Honestly, how can the EU fail if one small country goes "under".

No country/institution/etc. is "too big" to fail. Ultimately "we" all improvise, adapt, and overcome adverse situations.

In my opinion we will fail. What is happening know is buying some time as germany and france to be prepared of what is going to happen. They erased 50% or something like that of our dept. Even if they erased 100% of it today, tomorrow we will start owing money again. The problem is that our economy isnt that strong and we do not produce anything. How can we be compared to German industry? Not possible. This is a fail situation...
What will happen is more and more people will get poor and the recession will grow. Unemployment is 50% at young people and close to 20% over all.... You can guess what that means...

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
I dont think that if Greece will go down something huge will happen to EU. I dont know much about economics but we are 10 million people, with no major economy. Something else is behind this and i cant be sure...

CIA World Factbook sez-

Population-

Greece- 10,767,827 (July 2012 est.)

Entire EU- 503,824,373 (July 2012 est.)

GDP-

Greece- $308.3 billion (2011 est.)

EU- $15.39 trillion (2011 est.)

Labor Force-

Greece- 4.972 million (2011 est.)

EU- 228.1 million (2011 est.)

One country of many with the numbers shown here can have little impact on the whole.

The motivation IMO is greed/perceived self preservation. Too many have too much wrapped up in your country/industries/etc. and are not willing to lose or risk it. They knowingly dumped money into questionable investments (much like what happened here), and are now ringing the alarm bell in hopes of preserving/protecting what they have/have left.

All we can collectively do is sit back and hold on. Ultimately chicken little will be the one dictating the value of a single grain of rice when it all falls out.....

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Short answer is the US federal bank is printing money, and the more money there is on the market the less it's worth compared to other currencies.

What nobody understands, or realizes is, that the US can continue printing a huge amount of money because it's got a huge amount of uncollateralized assets to print money against. See "Full faith and credit clause of the US Constitution".

If you all realized how much of the United States, as far as United States land, property, and mineral rights is still 100% owned by the US government, it would make more sense than listening to the propaganda of the right wing radio.

We are no where close to being in the bankruptcy column like some of the other "problem" countries.

jesseharmon81

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/10
I don't mind paying taxes, as long as they're wisely used. IMO waste of public money is the problem, not paying taxes.

Here in the US we use our taxes to help our secret service guys get laid out of country ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Fuel prices are killing me. :picard:

It costs me near on $1000.00 every time I fuel........and I fuel aprox every 24 hrs.
sad-021.gif

I am thankful that I am not in transportation. I'm sure it is getting quite difficult to make a good living with inflation being what it is (true inflation, not the massaged statistics that are being tossed our way right now).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2