• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Factory seizures in China

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
We look to be getting different stories from different dealers. Mary, MR and River have all told me this is much worse than normal and at least one second tier factory has been hit. Second tier factories we definitely do get stuff from. This one produces a lot of Rolex stuff as well as the best of the Nautilus models.

MReplica is concerned enough to have closed his website for a while. that is costing him money so not something to be done lightly.

Also, along with the better DJs, the V5 42mm PO is supposedly from that factory.

In the past they used to go out and bust the street dealers and the rep sellers at the watch markets. In my short time a a rep collector, this is the first time I've heard of one of the main rep factories getting busted.

eduardor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/10/11
We look to be getting different stories from different dealers. Mary, MR and River have all told me this is much worse than normal and at least one second tier factory has been hit. Second tier factories we definitely do get stuff from. This one produces a lot of Rolex stuff as well as the best of the Nautilus models.

MReplica is concerned enough to have closed his website for a while. that is costing him money so not something to be done lightly.

Hope this ends soon, puretime has also shut down their website for a while, so this must be somethig serious. :mob:

khanage

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/11
Just heard from Trevor who is also experiencing problems. I was after two Oysterdate's he has in his catalogue but can't get them due to the crackdown. He didn't mention the Explorer1 I was after, either.
Will let you know more as soon as he mails me again.:picard:

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
2 many videos on the net , it was the easiest thing in the world to look for replicas , 90% on the net is replicas , youtube is full of videos
that is one of the reasons this is happening
the replicas are getting better and better and everyone , even gen factories could c that , so maybe they are putting preasure and doing something about it

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Get it while you still can boys, :lol:

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
Who cares. Everyone knows the reps we buy are from italy and switzerland. :lol1:

- ok, I am crossing fingers to this passing fast and hings turning back to normal.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Time to change the old avatar trk?

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Wow this is great. All my old reps are now worth $10 more than they were yesterday. :lol:

Gr00v3

30/10/10
im so glad my 127 shipped this morning.

will this mean customs are going to be more difficult as well?

i just placed an order for a dj2 through trevor as well

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
in Australia, we have a methodone programme for heroine addicts - the authorities should recognize our addiction and give us money to buy reps so that we dont buy gens

imagine the financial ruin faced if I replaced reps with gens

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
in Australia, we have a methodone programme for heroine addicts - the authorities should recognize our addiction and give us money to buy reps so that we dont buy gens

imagine the financial ruin faced if I replaced reps with gens

EXACTLY!!! Why isn't there a program in place yet?

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
I've inquired about some stock from my preferred dealer. Waiting to hear back now.

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
I just heard from my dealer of choice and he seems focused on business as usual, in other words I asked about the situation and he said that he will "get me the watch I want at a good price with good quality".

It could be a standard response, but I think he would say something if he had an issue. PM me if you want to know which dealer I'm talking about.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
hmmm, or maybe if they had been raided, perhaps the less scrupulous characters will still take payment off unsuspecting westerners.

I know we all have preferred dealers but they have mouths to feed im sure, just saying.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Ultimately, I believe this situation will sort itself out, but with all the YouTube videos, the reps being sold as gens on eBay, and the quality of reps increasing to a very high level, it's not beyond the realm of possibilities that the legitimate watchmakers are putting a stepped up effort to make life very difficult for the rep makers..... This may force the "hunted" to be somewhat smarter than they have been in the recent past, that is if they want to survive. This situation looks like a "game changer" to me, guys .....

arcadia

11/8/11
This thread just won't die yet so might as well.. It was a bigger than usual drive and seldom would we hear a factory raid. Oftentimes it was a dealer's operation or a group thereof. Dealers (I'm pertaining not just to online TDs but to others as well like, say, the smuggler/importer for a particular small country) have buffer stock so the effect would not immediately be felt for quick one-on-one sales. But since the source has been hampered, its effect will be felt depending on the watch's saleability.

I'm not worried much for raids just as long as the replicating equipment are still with our rep factories. There are numerous (man, so many) abandoned places that will happily welcome a new leasee. Question is have the machines been confiscated..

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
This freaked me out enough that I bought 3 reps yesterday; 2 from a member, and 1 from Reg. If I have to chill for 6 months or so with the current collection I'll have when these shipments get in, I'm good.

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Could this be a ploy to step up pricing again?

Just the skeptic in me....