• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New TW Ceramic subs

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Why do they think we want this 3135 movement? I for one have no interest in having such a movement! I am very happy with Asian clone ETAs!

Now let's hope the revise it because it's ridiculous. Looks at the exp2 it has superlume and ar cyclops why can't they do the same thing on the most popular model???

I am dying for a decent subC but it's just not happening.

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
I saw this model 116610 a few days ago looking at the TS site.....I must say it is by far the best iteration of a ceramic sub I have seen so far. AR the cyclops, fix the pearl issue and it is very very close to gen. With that said, I just dont see many of us junping on board buying the 3135 clone movement. They should plop the asian 2824 and call it a day.

Giobo
I noticed you linked this sub as the TC sub
http://www.timeshops.net/11857-ro1080hou-rolex-submariner-black-dial-ss-ss-tw-best-edition-asian-3135

While I think it looks similar, that is definitely not the TC sub case - I have to say the engraving on it looks far better than the TC case in all honesty. If they can just etch it on aligned at 12, its sweet. Look at the gen, this looks similar, smaller letters with significant spacing in between. I just dont know how the rest of the case compares or if it truly is gen like assembly...crown for one looks low but it is a 3135 movement so who knows.

giobo

6/5/10
I saw this model 116610 a few days ago looking at the TS site.....I must say it is by far the best iteration of a ceramic sub I have seen so far. AR the cyclops, fix the pearl issue and it is very very close to gen. With that said, I just dont see many of us junping on board buying the 3135 clone movement. They should plop the asian 2824 and call it a day.

Giobo
I noticed you linked this sub as the TC sub
http://www.timeshops.net/11857-ro1080hou-rolex-submariner-black-dial-ss-ss-tw-best-edition-asian-3135

While I think it looks similar, that is definitely not the TC sub case - I have to say the engraving on it looks far better than the TC case in all honesty. If they can just etch it on aligned at 12, its sweet. Look at the gen, this looks similar, smaller letters with significant spacing in between. I just dont know how the rest of the case compares or if it truly is gen like assembly...crown for one looks low but it is a 3135 movement so who knows.

Sub C: Totaly the best..Some jobs will be done to this and it will be really good!!

16610: RSHlook at the Cg's and bezel teeth..Thats the reason i said it looks like the TC...It is a great base watch but the movement is %#$^T%#

TS has also the YM with SA movement

agrigoras

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/10
I'd still take this sub over a prettied up noobmariner from BK.
Just my $0.02

Maybe BK can do a relume, bezel insert and movement swap and sell them for $600.
Who knows

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
I'd still take this sub over a prettied up noobmariner from BK.
Just my $0.02

Maybe BK can do a relume, bezel insert and movement swap and sell them for $600.
Who knows

Whoa, whoa!! What's this anti-BK talk!?! No one talks bad about BK in these parts and lives to tell the tale.:lolcina:

agrigoras

21/8/10
Lol i didn't think i was being too critical of a trusted dealer. Just stating my opinion that both of the ceramic offerings have too many tells to justify the price tag. Although I believe this one to be a better starting point but not by a whole lot.

In daylight, the only tell from wrist distance would be the comically bold bezel markings, whereas a noobmariner is a noobmariner from across the room.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
OK, first impressions and this is just at a glance.

1: Pearl looks awesome, especially compared to the noob versions.
2: ceramic insert - numbers and markers looks crisp and defined. The markers on noob ceramic subs are shite. Too thin and filled with white paint. These actually look very like the platinum colour they should be.
3: Rehaut engraving looks good, not perfect, but better.
4: LOOK AT THE CG's - They are not totally wrapped round the crown like on noob. Much better.
5: Base of the hour hand isn't stupidly oversized like on the noob, more gen like for sure.

Anyway, that was just first glance, looks awesome. Re-lume the dial and hands, get an AR cyclops and you're golden.

giobo

6/5/10
Guys the Ceramic is good as said...

BUT PLEASE whoever buys it must take into consideration that this movement is quite a risk..!!!!!

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
But is this the SA3135 or the dressed up 2836 made to look like the Rolex movement?

agrigoras

21/8/10
Something is up with the dial, the 12:00 triangle marker is touching the crown logo :(

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
If Timeshops really has a "All Parts Directly interchangeable with the Genuine..." Sub then why isn't that big news on the forums?

Fidhle007

13/8/11
Just to clear things up on the 16610:

It's a standard SA3135 sub that PureTime had months ago. The movement is great but it DOES NOT have gen construction and there are some basic flaws with the case design that are completely unacceptable to me. Chiefly among them is the low crown height: the crown height is the same as a 2836 case which is INCORRECT for the 3135. This is probably the main issue that has led to the widely reported broken stem issue and the crown position is low enough to put a side-load on the stem when it's screwed down.

As for the 116610, it's also the same watch that PT is offering so don't be thinking this is some new game changer! It does look very good though and has a correct crown position which while improving the accuracy of the looks should also help with the longevity of the stem as well...

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
The bezel numbers in their sale pics look too bold. Reminds me of the early editions of the DSSD.

ro1090hou-rolex-submariner-blk-ceramic-bezel-ss-ss-tw-best-edition-asian-3135.jpg

OK, first impressions and this is just at a glance.

2: ceramic insert - numbers and markers looks crisp and defined. The markers on noob ceramic subs are shite. Too thin and filled with white paint. These actually look .......

You sure about that?