• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

trip 2 Canal Street NYC: Arnold Legacy & 44mm ROO

Rep Master

Known Member
25/5/11
1st of all i must start off by saying.... i dont have any pictures. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: to all of my friends and family that know i'm a photowhore..... yes i did try to sneak a few pics. but these vendors went ape shit when i whipped out my phone.

i like to cruise Canal Street sometimes. mostly to get some humor out of all the tourists and all the terrible fakes, replicas, variants etc. Whether you are talking about bags, sunglasses, clothes or watches.... most of the replicas on Canal are trash.

i noticed a lot of the vendors are now carrying Audemars. mostly Royal Oak Offshore models. and 99% of them were quartz. the quality was terrible. there were a few decent quartz AP ROO with accurate dials, colors, bands etc. Most of them were fantasy models tho.

one vendor had the Arnold T3.

20030718113026.jpg

WOW that watch is HUGE!!! i think i actually drooled. i would have jumped on it if it wasn't a "SEC@9" model smh. a different vendor had the new Arnold Legacy in a quartz model.

Royal%20Oak%20Offshore%20Arnold%20Schwarzenegger%20The%20Legacy%20Chronograph..JPG

it was a decent quartz too. i was surprised. the chronos didnt work properly but it looked nice for an $80 quartz.

the same vendor even had the new 44mm ROO in two different versions

royal-oak-offshore-rose-gold-case.jpeg

AP-ROO-2011-3.jpg

well my whole point to this thread was. if the quartz versions are out.... that must mean the "seconds@12" versions are on the way!!!!

oh and did i mention i purchased a nice automatic diver :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::wub::wub::wub:

tn-1.jpg

yeah yeah i know its the 1st version. its not 100% accurate blah blah blah. so what! it was cheap and im happy!

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
Its awesome! I thought about getting the t3 last week and after talking with somebody, I was able to get an Ultimate survivor and a montauk which makes me very happy lol! Now I need to wait a couple of months and go through withdrawal before getting a T3, unless theres a sale :)

I like your diver too! I am looking at one of those too, but it needs to be bought at a later date!

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Wow. If the Legacy is really going to get the sec@12 ver, I'll have to hold off any plan to acquire my first AP. This year please.. Come on factory!

kingkaiser

18/8/08
I thought that AP was a fantasy model. My cousin scooped me one up from canal street over 6 months ago!
Royal%20Oak%20Offshore%20Arnold%20Schwarzenegger%20The%20Legacy%20Chronograph..JPG

View attachment 3456Here is a pic of one of them

Nope - one of my friends has the gen. Its a beast of a watch, and while I can pull of a 47mm PAM, this really looked stupid on me (like giving a PAM to a kid or female).
Hot as hell though.
The one your cousin has is a fantasy though, to the best of my knowledge.

Rep Master

Known Member
25/5/11
Its awesome! I thought about getting the t3 last week and after talking with somebody, I was able to get an Ultimate survivor and a montauk which makes me very happy lol! Now I need to wait a couple of months and go through withdrawal before getting a T3, unless theres a sale :)

I like your diver too! I am looking at one of those too, but it needs to be bought at a later date!

I have "the itch" now!! Im deffinitly going to order a T3 next month as well as a nice AP Bands strap.

They had this!?

Yes they had this. It did have its flaws. For example instead of brushed metal it was more of a plastic (ceramic). So instead of the watch being a "dark gray" color it was black. The strap was made of some rubbery plastic material but it looked identical to the gen look from pictures. The gen is some type of kevlar i believe so once i held the watch it felt very light weighted and flimsy.

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
Yes they had this. It did have its flaws. For example instead of brushed metal it was more of a plastic (ceramic). So instead of the watch being a "dark gray" color it was black. The strap was made of some rubbery plastic material but it looked identical to the gen look from pictures. The gen is some type of kevlar i believe so once i held the watch it felt very light weighted and flimsy.

Oh that's too bad, I'm surprised they made the strap look like the gens.
Just have to wait some more for the better rep.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

I like that, a lot. is there a decent rep of it in Quartz with working chronos?

Rep Master

Known Member
25/5/11
I wanna know too! Dont see this watch in any of our TDs

I checked all of the trusted dealers. I dont think any of them carry the Arnold Legacy yet. I also didnt see the new 44mm ROO at any of the TDs.

Some of the quartz i saw were extremely accurate. A few even had smooth sweeping hands. Some even w/ working chrono. Its easy to spot the quartz tho. None of them are as accurate as the "sec@12" models.

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
I checked all of the trusted dealers. I dont think any of them carry the Arnold Legacy yet. I also didnt see the new 44mm ROO at any of the TDs.

Some of the quartz i saw were extremely accurate. A few even had smooth sweeping hands. Some even w/ working chrono. Its easy to spot the quartz tho. None of them are as accurate as the "sec@12" models.

Yea i really like the sweeping hand quartz. It is more gen-like ad it adds the extra reliability. What movement is that?
Hope they make a sweeping hand AP arnold legacy soon =)

Rep Master

Known Member
25/5/11
Yea i really like the sweeping hand quartz. It is more gen-like ad it adds the extra reliability. What movement is that?
Hope they make a sweeping hand AP arnold legacy soon =)

I personally can jump into the quartz world. But the arnold legacy is deffinitly one of the best looking audemars i've ever seen. It deffinitly deserves a "sec@12" movement......... So i'll be waiting for a 1:1 version 6 super rep ahhaahahahaha!

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
After all that investigating on Canal, did you venture over to Mott street for some crabs in black bean sauce at Wo-Hopp ?

Rep Master

Known Member
25/5/11
After all that investigating on Canal, did you venture over to Mott street for some crabs in black bean sauce at Wo-Hopp ?

no i didnt but that sounds like my mission for next trip 2 canal. i love seafood

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
So does anyone know what the sweeping hand quartz movement is?
Does any of our TDs have them?