• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A21j Movements on Ceramic Subs

mitchie41

Horology Curious
19/10/09
Hey Guys:

Just wondering...on the Ceramic Subs being sold by D4Me and T4D for around $100, the threads always list that the movement is an Asian 21J. How is this movement in terms of reliability? I know that some people have had problems with the old noobmariner 21J movements. This this exactly the same thing?

Of the three "cheap" subs on the market: Noobmariner, VIP Mariner, and Ceramic Sub, do they have different movements? Or are they all the same? Is one more reliable than another?

Thanks.
M

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
the movement in those subs id great ,I have both the black and blue ones and the timekeeping from them will put a few more expensive movements to shame ............. a good 21j is good ............. its cheap and bulletproof ...that's why fakey always uses 21j .......

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
cheap, easy and working fine for the money, feels funny when you wind it up

tohami1966

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/1/09
i got one the black sub back in February this year
it is more than perfect , keeps a good time, sweeps smoothly
power reserve is around 38-40 hours
it is around 2 sec fast every week= 0.3 sec per day

jack1024

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/8/09
Yup, while the tick is not 28800, these are reliable and virtually indestructible. (and cheap if you happen to destruct)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Bullett proof.
Reliability wise as good as anything out there. Some real cheap reps (Less than $70) still have a crappy 21J installed but even those last and keep decent time, well most of the time anyway.

Col.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
This movement is the noob movement. The maker of the ceramic sub is also the maker of the noob. The movement is suspect imo, however,, I have only had 2 problems with ceramic subs, and many with noobs.. but I think it's a ratio thing..

This movement is no better than the movement in the noobs which is not great!

beachcat

Known Member
30/7/09
Why are the bezel insert font and hash marks so crappy on this ceramic DSSD in all 3 movt versions? I got one and it was so bad...... faint grey..... barely visible in normal indoor ambient light ?

I just don't get it?
anyone enlighten me?