• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

prestigious-watches

777mj

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/2/12
i was on here trying to find a watch brietling (bentley series) however was very skeptical over who to buy it off and risk thousands of pounds. (personal thing). my friend in work has a different watch on everyday and the other day he had a Jaeger Le-Coultre watch on so i asked him where he got it from and how much he paid etc etc. Works out he bought it from some website called Home - Website of prestigious-watches!. He told me it was a replica however the next day he brought in a fully polished,furnished box with full certificates and the certified badge.

Im thinking of checking the website out as he has recommended it to me as he is about to purchase his second.
Obviously everyone has there own take on things however just with the whole recession and money crisis i thought i would share the news and see if i could save anyone a few grand!

I will post how i get on with the website if i decide to buy which i am thinking of doing so.

Thanks

MJ

Cynikal.Mindset

Renowned Member
7/1/11
See the TRUSTED DEALERS list?

Stick to those and not waste your money on a pile of rubbish from some scammer site

you can thank us now and laugh at your mate later when he realizes he was ripped and your watches look much better

Member X

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
This has all the first-post qualities of a scammer.

Are you a scammer?

If you are not, buy from the Trusted Dealers on here and you won't get ripped off.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
I dont quite get what you are trying to say, but just to let u know, reps watches and boxes can both be bought.
And welcome to RWI =)

777mj

Banned
7/2/12
thanks guys!

yes i understand the risk of using websites for replicas but i suppose i can only learn by just going for it.

I will check the trusted dealers websites as no i am not a scammer! i just thought i would share the information with others as i was blown away when he told me it was a replica. Yes surely he may have been ripped off however he told me he paid under £300 which personally would be a risk i am willing to take. I posted the watch i wanted on a websites a few weeks ago and people were private messaging me with offers reaching 6k which for that kind of money is a ridiculously risk.

sorry if i have angered anyone about coming across as a scammer.

MJ

Cynikal.Mindset

Renowned Member
7/1/11
£300 is pretty steep my friend, I'm sure our TDs can get it for much less than that...you've been warned and advised but if you want to try some scammer site by all means go ahead...we will be here to laugh, point and say "I told you so" if you ever get what you ordered...that is if you ever come back....

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
thanks guys!

yes i understand the risk of using websites for replicas but i suppose i can only learn by just going for it.

I will check the trusted dealers websites as no i am not a scammer! i just thought i would share the information with others as i was blown away when he told me it was a replica. Yes surely he may have been ripped off however he told me he paid under £300 which personally would be a risk i am willing to take. I posted the watch i wanted on a websites a few weeks ago and people were private messaging me with offers reaching 6k which for that kind of money is a ridiculously risk.

sorry if i have angered anyone about coming across as a scammer.

MJ

Er... why do you have to "try" & "take the risk" when using the trusted dealers here will greatly reduce them instead.
Believe me, order the same thing with our TDs, and you will get blown away too! (Both in quality AND the price).
FYI, £300 (US$370) is a lot for most of the reps.

Mate, just give a screenshot of watch involved and let us point you to a correct purchase. We rather spoon feed you with info than letting you waste money.

777mj

Banned
7/2/12
ok, just to let everyone know i am NEW to buying watches, i don't much about deals etc as I'm not a watch fanatic just looking at trying something new. I will try the trusted dealers if they are cheaper therefore i could perhaps buy 2 if i see any others i like. I will let you know how i get on.

thanks
MJ

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
First of all - welcome!
I'm sorry if your reception seemed cool.

The price your friend paid is probably high - especially since there are no really great Jag reps and most use 21J movements (the cheapest ones). Of course, the box set adds to the price as well.
The site he used may not be a "scam" site - they may indeed sell decent reps. But our trusted dealers have been vetted by thousands of members here. Because of the number of enthusiasts we have, the dealers typically offer us much better pricing than sites like your friend found. Also, if your deal gets screwy with one of our trusted dealers we have leverage and a line of communications to help get it sorted out.

Note that most if our trusted dealers do not have slick web sites you can browse. They typically try to stay under the radar. But they can get you most any rep made. Just send them an email with a pic of the watch you want - either a gen pic or a pic of a rep from any other site - and they'll let you know availability and price.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Hey my 2 cents is, you have found us, so you have a backup plan. If you feel compelled then go for it. Then please tell us about your experiance. However it turns out you will have been there and done that...just like I did many moons ago.

Welcome to our forum'

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
You can purchase 3 of the same watches your friend bought from the trusted dealers on this site for the price he paid. Probably better quality watches too.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi MJ
Welcome to RWI from Spain
Be sure you will be able to get all GOOD (please note good) reps you can obtain from our RWI Trusted dealers and for less money and with the forum protection.
Please inform us about the watch you like and we will inform you about the possibilities to get it with much less risks and cheaper.
ALE

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
I know you were looking for breitling for bentley I was searching and this one is a very nice rep with a very nice movement. Hope you find what you are looking for there are many trusted dealer and most have different variations.
3.jpg