• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fake PO on eBay

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Have a look at some of the others he's selling as well.

orson

Renowned Member
8/12/09
It seems to be a legitimate company with a storefront outlet,

61-63 Barton Arcade
St. Annes Square
Manchester
M3 2BJ

Directors are Ms S.J. Holland and Mr S. Sitford, both appointed at registration on 19 Jan 2011 also both directors of B&M WORLD LIMITED.

Company hasn't filed accounts yet.

It might be worth contacting them with the pumpkin/white combo query before causing them problems.

They could have bought it in and been conned themselves

robbnj

11/6/09
It might be worth contacting them with the pumpkin/white combo query before causing them problems.
They could have bought it in and been conned themselves

They quote it as brand new with all boxes, etc.
Wrapped in GladWrap?

They got some 'splainin' to do...

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Bezel change somewhere along the line? It happens. Dial/hands look gen.

btw, what a horrendously crap picture to put up for a sale for a 2K+ watch anyway....who in their right mind would purchase it based on pics like that, shame on you seller....even if the watch is bloody gen!

xmonger

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/1/12
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-UNWORN-OMEGA-PLANET-OCEAN-45MM-BLACK-DIAL-AND-ORANGE-BEZEL-STEEL-BRACELET-/280794594841?pt=UK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item4160a97e19

Pretty sure there is no orange bezel/white number combination.
And also pretty sure you don't get brand new POs wrapped in cellophane :picard:

Silix has the same watch for $29.99 :lol:

If it's a gen, Omega has really focused on cost cutting when it comes to packaging their watches.

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
It's hard to believe this seller, with that feedback, and that web site would be listing plastic wrapped cheap reps. I wonder if their account was hijacked? Even then, it doesn't make sense that a scammer would post such crappy pics. Why not post the best pics possible. There are also offers that have been turned down. If it was a scam you'd think they would take every offer they got.

olworthers

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/07
All seems a bit 'fishy' to me... Something doesn't add up here.

I've got a friend who lives in very near their 'shop' - will ask him to go check it out!

-OW

orson

Renowned Member
8/12/09
A visit sounds like a good idea OW, it sounds more bizzare than fishy to me as the fakes etc., on ebay are generally hit-and-run affairs.

Going from (eBay ID) sarah janes jewellery in 2009 to incorporating a Ltd company for a scam is akin to a bank robber registering his getaway car in his own name.

If this is a deliberate sale of a fake then the sellers have to be dumb as f*ck.

killbill

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/11
Silix has the same watch for $29.99 :lol:

If it's a gen, Omega has really focused on cost cutting when it comes to packaging their watches.
That's exactly what I thought, Silix Special.
Not a bad markup!

It would be interesting to see the outcome of this, although I wonder if we'll ever find out.

Phil G

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
I pm'd the seller about the dial/bezel colour combination. This is his reply. I asked for the last three digits of the serial number.

Hello,
I assume the bezel insert was changed for a customer by the supplying dealer or special order from the factory.
For obvious reasons we do not disclose serial numbers over the internet.
Regards
Stuart

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Hmmm, interesting. some or most of their response doesn't make sense; the factory simply will not do a 'special order' with bezels, just won't happen, they don't do custom jobs for people. Now the original dealer may have done it on request, but that would mean that the buyer would've paid for watch and separate new bezel, and once the custom job was done they would be handed the other bezel to keep also. Since it's supposedly a new watch then it's surprising this extra part wasn't listed also or at least some the mod explanation?
No harm giving last few sn digits over the net?
....doesn't add up?

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
I emailed them asking them for pics that were with the watch wrapped in plastic wrap. LOL!

orson

Renowned Member
8/12/09
I had the same message response as Phil and agree with drb that too much just doesn't add up.

It clearly is not "new" if the AD suppplied a customer that was not this seller, no exchange bezel part and an ebayer who's curiosity isn't raised by these enquiries. The responses seem too blank.

I have now reported.

"Hello,
I assume the bezel insert was changed for a customer by the supplying dealer or special order from the factory.
Regards
Stuart
- cheshirewatchcompanyltd"

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
So bad.

$(KGrHqRHJBoE7yLOZpbWBPBI0mbWeg~~60_35.JPG

Anyone notice the bezel teeth?

Looks like coin edge. Should be scalloped since it's listed as 45.5.

Reported.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I just sent him a question ........

Title : Fake Omega Watches
Mssg : Why do you continue to list this and the Chrono watch?
Just curious.