• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Proper AR coating/hue for Skyland Avenger??

Breitest24

18/2/10
Watchblog looks like you might be getting my crystal
ad064a92-18bf-dec2.jpg

Sent from my EVO

watchblog

21/12/07
Nicely done!
I wonder if the same method can be used to remove the crystal from a Skyland.

Breitest24

18/2/10
Success
start to finish 10 min..nothing to it but to do it lol. Basically popped off the bezel..took a butane torch to the underside of the bezel to expand the metal for about 30 seconds. Dropped the bezel face down into my trusty 36mm socket. Banged it once with a rubber ended screw driver and done. Im a bit primitive and inventive when i need to get something done.

Ive been rubbing it with cape cod butt he AR isnt coming off!! anyone know how long I need to do this to see results. Or a better way.
b8d52e24-1c3f-84d4.jpg

Sent from my EVO

watchblog

21/12/07
Thanks for the tutorial.

You are certainly a brave (and inventive) person. I'm not sure I'm ready to try that...yet, but it's good to know that it can be done!

I sent you a PM about removing AR.

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
Nicely done Breitest24! Hats off to you.

Please share with us watchblog how to properly remove skyland's AR. Or PM me. If I don't have the courage to do it, I might as well give good instruction to my watchmaker. Thanks much.

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
Wow, excellent work Breitest!
Kind of worried to do this myself though, but I am sure most modders could tackle that (expand the bezel slightly to pop the crystal out).

watchblog

21/12/07
Inspired by Breitest24's success with his SA crystal, I decided to figure out a way to remove the crystal from my Seawolf. Tonight, I was finally successful (link).

Thanks for the insparation Breitest24 and good luck to any of you who want to re-coat your Seawolf crystal (I assume the method is the same for a Skyland).