• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dealer Pricing

roflwaffle

Known Member
1/3/08
I've never understood it... at all.. none of it makes any sense

Ok, let's break it down.. the allegations are that Josh/andrew have soooo much buying power in the rep world that they have enough clout to snuff out smaller dealers, thats what you guys are saying?

1) they are each only 'one person' (debatable), and Ive personally dealt with rep shops consisiting of many individuals.. which I (possibly incorrectly) assume to be an indication of size of operations. I have doubts that one person can even handle all the rep forum sales, let alone being 'one of the top of the rep game' to have so much power.

2) The majority of traffic to these sites/rankings is below that of the rep forums (going by alexa/compete), indicating they get less traffic than the forums, indicating that we make up a *very* large percentage of josh/andrews traffic/business.

3) Whenever I bring up point 2, I am reminded that the rep forums are <1% of total rep purchases in the world, that we are some tiny insignificant audience with not enough market share for our opinion to matter

4) If we are bigger than their site (point 2), and Josh/Andrew are one of the 'biggest' rep dealers in existance (with enough power to blackball smaller dealers), then we as combined forums are a large audience. therefore we should be able to act with some 'buying power', or actually have some say in gettig things fixed/making changes/getting new models. (#1 customer of #1 dealer = listen to your customer base)

----

Heres the conclusions I made:

So, either josh and andrew are huge, and rep forum guys are a huge % of reps sold... and we have a big enough marketshare to demand changes if we act as one.

or, josh and andrew are small fries, and this whole 'price fixing' BS is just that.. BS,

Third possibility is that Josh/Andrew are part of a wider conglomerate.. a network of sales sites, kind of like the scam site networks where 20 or so scam sites are all run by the same parent 'company' (same as in network, not same as in scam), in which case, rep forum sales would be a minority in the market, and josh and andrew would 'represent' this larger group with the 'buying power' and 'power to blackball'

Those are the *only* three conclusions that I see as plausible... (my vote is for #3)

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
guanaco said:
One thing that pisses me off is when they post pictures in every frigging angle but never a full frontal of the watch... wtf huh?

I'm with you on this point my friend.

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
roflwaffle said:
I've never understood it... at all.. none of it makes any sense

Ok, let's break it down.. the allegations are that Josh/andrew have soooo much buying power in the rep world that they have enough clout to snuff out smaller dealers, thats what you guys are saying?

1) they are each only 'one person' (debatable), and Ive personally dealt with rep shops consisiting of many individuals.. which I (possibly incorrectly) assume to be an indication of size of operations. I have doubts that one person can even handle all the rep forum sales, let alone being 'one of the top of the rep game' to have so much power.

2) The majority of traffic to these sites/rankings is below that of the rep forums (going by alexa/compete), indicating they get less traffic than the forums, indicating that we make up a *very* large percentage of josh/andrews traffic/business.

3) Whenever I bring up point 2, I am reminded that the rep forums are <1% of total rep purchases in the world, that we are some tiny insignificant audience with not enough market share for our opinion to matter

4) If we are bigger than their site (point 2), and Josh/Andrew are one of the 'biggest' rep dealers in existance (with enough power to blackball smaller dealers), then we as combined forums are a large audience. therefore we should be able to act with some 'buying power', or actually have some say in gettig things fixed/making changes/getting new models. (#1 customer of #1 dealer = listen to your customer base)

----

Heres the conclusions I made:

So, either josh and andrew are huge, and rep forum guys are a huge % of reps sold... and we have a big enough marketshare to demand changes if we act as one.

or, josh and andrew are small fries, and this whole 'price fixing' BS is just that.. BS,

Third possibility is that Josh/Andrew are part of a wider conglomerate.. a network of sales sites, kind of like the scam site networks where 20 or so scam sites are all run by the same parent 'company' (same as in network, not same as in scam), in which case, rep forum sales would be a minority in the market, and josh and andrew would 'represent' this larger group with the 'buying power' and 'power to blackball'

Those are the *only* three conclusions that I see as plausible... (my vote is for #3)
Keep in mind the websites you're looking at stats for are only the websites for individual western customers... many many more reps are sold through other means.. chinese web photogalleries and such, for both individual customers and re-seller customers. So it is very possible that J & A are huge, and we English-speaking individual customers account for only a small percentage of their business.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
If only the QC would improve.
Nuff said there.

And Alexa doesn't meant that much. Jandrew doesn't own just one site. They own a dozen just like all the rest. If you added the traffic together for all of them you'd see a completely different picture.

roflwaffle

Known Member
1/3/08
fakemaster said:
If only the QC would improve.
Nuff said there.

And Alexa doesn't meant that much. Jandrew doesn't own just one site. They own a dozen just like all the rest. If you added the traffic together for all of them you'd see a completely different picture.

Then it is as I said, a network of sites 'just like all the rest'

and there is likely more than one clown behind the curtain if they field that much... just for the record :)

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
There'd have to be. I mean just look at the number of sites that GR and IR field. Not that they deliver what they sell, but it's astronomical.

roflwaffle

Known Member
1/3/08
so are jandrew the top of the foodchain in their 'network of sites' or just monkeys that handle the day to day stuff?

one of the other sites i deal with has 4 customer facing salespeople.. that i know of.. and its a really fairly small site...

are jandrew just 'sales people' that man customer support for the multitude of sites?

I'm still not convinced that the 'leaders in the field' would even run the sites at all, if they were that big (to have that much control)..

i mean, i'd hire some schmucks to handle the headache of stupid americans, and emails, etc...

thats like the first thing you pawn off to some clown. :)

I still have a hard time believing that jandrew have that much control if they arent part of something bigger.. for quite a few reasons.

but i suppose it is what it is.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
jandrew does have employee's that handle the customers. these guys are business men, do you honestly think they sit in front of their computers all day and all night just to answer questions? they hire people and train them in dealing with customers and all about the different reps. that is why the email's are answered so fast. they always lead the customers to think they are talking to them personally. ruby answers between 200 and 300 emails everyday and you hear people complaining about her taking 2 days to answer them. when she isn't answering emails she is personally picking up the customers watches at the factories and checking them over, taking pictures, ect ect. she has no help at all. this is one of the reasons she is cheaper.

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
As far as price fixing, I dont think Jandrew has the juice for that. I do think there was some intimidation. It seems the network of dealers has many outlets. We are just viewing one. Sort of like terrorist cells doing the same thing independently for a common goal.....Money.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Everything old is new again. A decent read in retrospect.

sempire

Known Member
18/8/11
I'd love to ask who was behind 9/11..

So much drama around here..

Between here, RWG and RG it's almost so much of the same stuff but different.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I'd love to ask who was behind 9/11..

So much drama around here..

Between here, RWG and RG it's almost so much of the same stuff but different.
Make a thread with the loose change vid.
So, whats your old member name, Or are you actually new here?

sempire

Known Member
18/8/11
I wandered away from RWG to see what else was around.. And you know like eveyone else at some point I'm banned from RG..