• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How many jewels and bph does a genuin sub have?

trademarked

1/6/11
I had a 21j sub rep, and the beat was noticeably slower than a breitling super ocean rep that I had purchased. Is the 21j slower than the real thing?

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
there are low beat and high beat movements. 21j 2813 low beat , 21j 4813 high beat.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Oh ok, sometimes people dont list the jewels or bph, so are there specific movements that I should look for that have those specs?

Many of the movements out there are beating at 28,800bph but none with 31 jewels. Understand that that doesn't make them that much less reliable. A Sellita movement that is well taken care of can last as long as a gen Rolex movement

trademarked

1/6/11
Ah ok, good to know. I will have to keep my eyes out for a sub with a high beat movement then.

Cynikal.Mindset

Renowned Member
7/1/11
there are low beat and high beat movements. 21j 2813 low beat , 21j 4813 high beat.

4813 does NOT = highbeat

there are multiple versions of this 21j movement high beat/high pinion, high beat/low pinion, low beat/high pinion and a low beat/low pinion.

I sourced one recently and it ended up being a low beat/high pinion version...allegedly the high beat version w/high pinion is discontinued or super elusive to find