• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to deal with a hostage situation

Phil G

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
Don't try this at home :lolcina:

[ame="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3b1_1314036407"]LiveLeak.com - South American firearms training using live hostage and live rounds#1/3 (DO NOT TRY THIS YOURSELF)[/ame]

Good luck, Phil

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Rule #1- don't take a shotgun into such a situation.....
Rule #2- keep it to a handgun, or quality high power rifle (and hope you know your point if impact at such close range).
Rule #3- tell the hostage taker that you will give them to the count of 10 to release the hostage.
Rule #4- start counting with your weapon sighted in on the perp's grape.
Rule #5- when you get to the number 4, drop the hammer, and the perp.

Never count beyond the number 5 because people become unsure, restless, desperate, and unpredictable (and make very irrational decisions).

That whole video was about machismo. Most of the guys down there are pretty ef'ing frightening with a weapon and are a greater danger to themselves and the innocent bystander than the bad guy.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Holy shit! 0.o That is craaazzzyyy!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
A shotgun? These guys are lunatics! This must be what Europe thinks our licensed carriers in Texas are like.
Holy crap that's just way out of control.
The best part is when they give the "hostage" ear plugs. That's all the safety equipment he needs.

Oh, and if you have the shot, you drop them on 2.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
WTF!!! I ain't got no words; stupid, dumb, idiotic... Don't even come close.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Here is a "short" hostage rescue that that took place in Columbia awhile back.

This is extremely graphic and you may find this disturbing. MAKE SURE THAT ANYONE YOU FEEL SHOULD NOT VIEW THIS IS NOT IN THE ROOM WHEN YOU DO.

http://www.divshare.com/download/15592853-d72

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Oh, and if you have the shot, you drop them on 2.

I was only posting based on my training. If you were told 2, that is even better. I would rather just take them out immediately and save the taxpayers a buttload of money.....

Here is a "short" hostage rescue that that took place in Columbia awhile back.

This is graphic and you may very well find this disturbing. MAKE SURE THAT ANYONE YOU FEEL SHOULD NOT VIEW THIS IS NOT IN THE ROOM WHEN YOU DO.

http://www.divshare.com/download/15592853-d72

Moron never even saw it coming.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes....

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
Couldn't that demonstration have been done just using a target of another color instead of a dude? :facepalm:

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
I saw this vid on a blog a couple days ago. Then saw it posted here, STILL couldn't comment. Sometimes people do sh*t so stupid that I can't even articulate my feelings on the matter.

Back on my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
+1 on the "machismo" The whole thing is about how good the shooter thinks he is, and how ballsy the "hostage" is. In both cases it's stupidity and testosterone.
Shot can be unpredictable, even with a tight choke. Even the best novelty knife throwers miss on occasion. Except in this case the guy catches a stray piece of shot to the dome, instead of a throwing knife to the thigh.

BTW... I have 3 wings now b****es. ;) lol