• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex DSSD V5

ntaylor

Known Member
8/1/11
hi guys, stumbled onto puretime's Rolex DSSD V5 at $98, of course with a 21J movement. after comparing the photos of the ones with higher price range, i couldnt really see a difference in terms of appearance. or is it because of my inexperience eyes? i wouldnt mind having a 21J movement watch. i would be very glad to see what people here think of the V5.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi

I agree rosso832, besides the movement the main difference is the crystal quality. Mineral crystal instead sapphire one.

In a heavy and big watch, like DSSD, if you wear it every day, the mineral crystal could be a future problem.

Anyway, 98$ is a very small price, you cannot have more for this money, it s a good purchase.

Perhaps, the nearest price on sapphire would be 198$ of V6 and V7 from
Puretime too (with a little best movement)

Good choice!!

gqsince1985

27/7/10
I too stumbled upon the $98 DSSD from puretime. Like the other members said, the movement and crystal are the two big differences. Personally, a DSSD will be my very first rep, but I am going to wait until I have enough funds for the V7 at $198 so I can have the better movement and sapphire crystal. The extra $100 for a more reliable, smoother movement and better crystal justify the price (for me)

eVojlib

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/1/11
Do yourself all a favor and get the WBK DSSD if you want a cheapier version and if you want the best get the BK DSSD. Save yourself the headache of buying multiple watches and selling them off when you learn the flaws and cant deal with it anymore. Remember, all watches are flawed just some have more than others. ;)

rosso832

Horology Curious
9/2/08
I too stumbled upon the $98 DSSD from puretime. Like the other members said, the movement and crystal are the two big differences. Personally, a DSSD will be my very first rep, but I am going to wait until I have enough funds for the V7 at $198 so I can have the better movement and sapphire crystal. The extra $100 for a more reliable, smoother movement and better crystal justify the price (for me)

Without a doubt the BK's DSSD is the best. Based on some guides and reviews here on RWI the second best should be the T4D $249 model. As far as I know it's the same watch without BK's modifications. Please correct me if I am wrong. I've never heard of v7 DSSD. Who has it?

cptkirk

Renowned Member
30/12/08
Now is this some kind of a marketing ploys because I have not read anywhere across various forums that there is a V7 DSSD.
What is it that they have improved in this to call it the next version?

I too would like to know whats the dif with the V7.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
And me too!!!

I too would like to know whats the dif with the V7.

And me too!!!
I don't know what are the differences and PT don't explain anything.
I am just sharing the PT link!!

Indeed I have bought a DSSD recently and I have not bought a called V7, because I don't trust it.