• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone held a both a GEN Pam 111M and the rep? questions

kaniel

Renowned Member
28/10/10
Well I accept what you say and I agree.. But notice that I was there as a tourist visiting all types of stores and everything and then I saw the watch shops and entered to take a look at the watches... What should I do.. take watch off and put it on my pocket?... Maybe yes but I didn't realised..

Where I live I would never go to watch shop with a rep bcause I'd be so embarrased if the call me off....

But hey! I apreciate that you teach me the rules of the club... so I guess for now on I can consider myself as a member of the club :cheer:

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
What should I do.. take watch off and put it on my pocket?

Yes, actually. :)

But hey! I apreciate that you teach me the rules of the club... so I guess for now on I can consider myself as a member of the club :cheer:

Yes again. You are now an official member of this community. :biglaugh: Seriously, we do like to not point out to ADs just how good reps have gotten. As long as they think all reps are cheap junk, we stay in the background. (Out of sight, out of mind)
It's just good practice for our hobby. No offense was meant when I pointed it out, just advising the newer members of a rule that we seem to take for granted.

Cheers!

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
just because you can do something it doesn't make it a good idea. i take off my rep when i go into most jewelers. i don't want the attention (like a hungry dog looking at a piece of meat).

svenkramer

22/1/11
Not that I am taking reps to an AD, but I think it's not the watch but the person wearing it. A friend of mine wears a gen sub, he is a nerdy looking young-ish bloke. Everybody thinks it's fake, they ask him all the time.

I wear a noobmariner and only get compliments and nobody doubts.