• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWI Watch Overhaul Special!!!

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
6/24/11 NOTES: Regarding lume... Quality of work is superb but not bright at all. I was kinda disappointed. Lume brightness is like below average rep lume. I will see if Andy is willing to try other lume powders. But for now quality is below RWI average.

6/21/11 IMPORTANT UPDATE: For Franken Builds Andy can not source you parts for Omega. He can only build your franken from your aquisition.

-------------------------------------------------
First and foremost I am not affiliated with this watch-smith financially. He is my good friend who services all my watches. With that in mind I asked if I could extend my discount to my RWI friends and he agreed.

So this is what we came up with... (LIMITED TIME ONLY)
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...NmQtNDVmODk5MWNmYWVh&hl=en_US&authkey=CPLg9U8

A To Z Fine Watch & Chrono Rpr ?
4716 North Harlem Avenue Harwood Heights, IL 60706-4607
Tel: (708) 867-5966

RWI SPECIAL

DISCOUNT CODE: TELL ANDY SHALOM SENT YOU!

$65 - All Asian type movements (i.e. 2824, 2836, 6497, 7750...etc)

$135 – All Swiss type movements (i.e. 2824, 2836, 6497, 7750...etc)

$25 - Pressure testing up to 4ATMs (include lubing o-ring & gaskets)

$25 – Hands Relume Green & White only (Bergeon lume)

$15 – Same movement swap

$2 – All bracelet resizing

We also do:

Per case basis – Other movements (Chinese Tourbillion, TAG, Breitling, Rolex, Seiko…etc)

Full service/overhaul includes the following:
• Uncase movement, remove hands and dial.
• Disassemble movement to the last screw.
• Clean all parts in automatic cleaning machine with ultrasonic cleaner then allow to dry
• Inspect all parts under magnification for wear and tear
• Reconstruct movement.
• Accurately lubricate movement based on ETA oiling chart
• Demagnetize movement
• Regulate with watch analyzer
• Return movement to case, grease gaskets/o-ring, tighten caseback and pressure test
1 Year Warranty

SORRY NO PAYPAL CASH ONLY TRANSACTION INSTATE OR FOR OUT OF STATE CUSTOMERS WE ACCEPT CHECKS UPFRONT (will charge shipping cost for out of state packages)!

artsyguy

15/1/11
Thanks for the info. Filing this one away for future use...

waddster

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
Sweet a watchsmith here in Illinois. Will be checking this out for sure here in the future.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Some excellent prices there mate, wish we had something like this in the Uk. $65 for a full service:thumbsup:

Targa

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/10
Ok, I am sending my Daytona in..

stogieman

Known Member
12/4/11
Great to know as I'm also in Chicago.

What are his hours for those that want to stop buy and drop off.

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
This is great but I wonder why it matters if the movement (for instance 2836) is asian versus swiss and doubling of the pricing, since they are essentially the same job ??

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
This is great but I wonder why it matters if the movement (for instance 2836) is asian versus swiss and doubling of the pricing, since they are essentially the same job ??

It's possible the "Swiss" movement may need more work as some are re-builds etc.?

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
Good question didn't want to ask and raise the prices on the Asian movement. I'm guess it's his personal bias in terms of "Swiss" being the better therefore a little more expensive.

Also if you haven't noticed all movements not some.. so no price difference between 2824 and 7750's.... Which is frickin' awesome!

Can't remember exact.. but I think it's from 10-7pm.

Great to know as I'm also in Chicago.

What are his hours for those that want to stop buy and drop off.

also note!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Servicing includes pressure testing & 1 year warranty (Saweeeeeet!)

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
So the shop is reputable then? Dont want to send my watch out to them and never hear from em again :lolcina:

Great prices though! I will prob send my new-to-me watch in for preventative servicing and to have it fully cleaned :thinking:

tokeyx

27/3/11
Those prices seem to good to be true. Hell my local smith charged me $50 for a dry pressure test.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
He what???? Pirate, it takes about two minutes to do.

Camaro95

2/4/11
Those prices seem to good to be true. Hell my local smith charged me $50 for a dry pressure test.
It's a sale. Special prices for a limited time. Likely to drum up business and enter a potentially underserviced market.

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
You can google them.. and I think there was one person who left a review... but I think he's been around for a while. I will ask him how long he's been there today when I pick up my PO.. I had the hands relumed.. I will post the pics hopefully tonight.

Also I will vouch for Andy's reputation and for those who gets their watches serviced... please post reviews here.

So the shop is reputable then? Dont want to send my watch out to them and never hear from em again :lolcina:

Great prices though! I will prob send my new-to-me watch in for preventative servicing and to have it fully cleaned :thinking:

He wouldn't give an under-service and give 1 year warranty. He believes in what he does.. And I asked him about the checks payment and he said "why would anyone scam me if I am giving them 1 year warranty for their watch."

It's a sale. Special prices for a limited time. Likely to drum up business and enter a potentially underserviced market.

What? What takes two minutes to do? Pressure test?

He what???? Pirate, it takes about two minutes to do.