• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot Straps

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Hey guys,

Has anyone either had a strap made for your Hublot, or found a great aftermarket source? I'm looking for a leather croc for my incoming tourby.

The rubber just seems cheap looking on the tourby, plus the gen has that rubber crop strap going on.

Thanks!

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
there is a rep of the rubber croc, on the v5.
you could try to source one.

if you go through some of guru's pics, say in a 1 year old wrist check thread, you'll find that he was often wearing a croc strap on his ss hbb. I think he found it on the bay, but I'm not sure about that.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Well, I bought a gen HBB croco strap via ebay for 100 USD, still have it. I also bought 2 croco straps from a guy in the Netherlands, he made 50 and sold them all.
These straps were a pain to mount. The gen strap has a plastic inlay,so you just move the strap into the hole.
I love to see someone making a good HBB strap, the problem with the aftermarket straps are, you need to push the end of the strap into the lug, watch, whatever you call it and the the holes do not fit anymore, so you need to drill new holes.
Here is a pic, so if the material which will slide into the lug hole is the same high as the strap, you always will have a problem that you need to press it in and then you have problems with the holes. Well, I do not know how to explain it better in english, I hope you can get it.

HBBStraps001.jpg

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
I think Mario( orloff straps ) is making custom hublot straps, might be worth shooting him an email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Thanks Mikey. Hopefully the strap will mount without any of Guru's musings...

Butttt.... You can bet that I'll be on here asking questions of the brain trust if it doesn't mount well!!!!

Lezzare

Supporter
Certified
29/1/09
SG
Since we are discussing on Hublot straps, could everyone give opinions of my Frappuccino with Mikey's croc strap? The brown rubber strap broke and I got this as replacement, Mikey's strap is nice and comfy thou, but I don't feel that it fits the watch.

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Since we are discussing on Hublot straps, could everyone give opinions of my Frappuccino with Mikey's croc strap? The brown rubber strap broke and I got this as replacement, Mikey's strap is nice and comfy thou, but I don't feel that it fits the watch.

I think it looks fantastic. The rubber straps just seem so cheap to me. For such an expensive watch there should be some richness to the watch, and I think the rubber strap doesn't provide that. Mind you, I've got my gen PAM 111 on rubber right now, so it's not an issue with rubber per se with me, but rather an issue about richness and detail on such a fine time piece.

I'd also look at possibly getting the ceramic bracelet from one of the TD's, which is another nice alternative.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Thanks Mikey. Hopefully the strap will mount without any of Guru's musings...

Butttt.... You can bet that I'll be on here asking questions of the brain trust if it doesn't mount well!!!!

Mickey's straps fit very easily, and the quality is of high level, almost unbelievable for the price IMO

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Yeah, I received the strap yesterday.

Sadly, Hont hasn't gotten me my Skeleton Tourby yet!

Very nice, and I compared it to the HKTan I have. I'd say its 85-90% of the HK, which is the softest non-gen strap I've ever held. Amazing job by Mikey.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
I'd love to get the same for my 38mm dress (ladies) Hublot :whistle:

stud93

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/13
Hi sorry for reviving this thread but if I wanted to order a custom strap from websites online like Banda.com, what measurements should I give them?? For the HBB SS/CER v6

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
Mickey's straps fit very easily, and the quality is of high level, almost unbelievable for the price IMO

Yes, I am Aware that this is an ooold thread, however, as I am actually looking for HBB aftermarket straps I hope you do not mind I am jumping in...

The OEM straps from Hublot are fantastic. Really first class Quality, you do not want to have the reps any longer once you had the real thing on your wrist. Just that they are really expensive, the rubber/croc strap - which looks awsome - has a list price of 450EUR. Yes, strap only... :shocked:

OTOH I already tried a croc strap from Mario (Orloff) which really was quite a disappointment. Neither did the strap fit to the watch, nor was it looking half as good as I expected it to be.

Any source for reasonable discounted OEM straps or, of course, 1st quality aftermarket straps would therefore be highly appreciated.

Thank you for reading. :D:

BeAustin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/4/13
Yes, I am Aware that this is an ooold thread, however, as I am actually looking for HBB aftermarket straps I hope you do not mind I am jumping in...

The OEM straps from Hublot are fantastic. Really first class Quality, you do not want to have the reps any longer once you had the real thing on your wrist. Just that they are really expensive, the rubber/croc strap - which looks awsome - has a list price of 450EUR. Yes, strap only... :shocked:

OTOH I already tried a croc strap from Mario (Orloff) which really was quite a disappointment. Neither did the strap fit to the watch, nor was it looking half as good as I expected it to be.

Any source for reasonable discounted OEM straps or, of course, 1st quality aftermarket straps would therefore be highly appreciated.

Thank you for reading. :D:

Do you know where you can purchase genuine hublot rubber straps?